We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Be Fab for Feb - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• BettyBoof
    BettyBoof Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Cazzaswfc and starryeyed, great losses!

Good luck with the house move Ruby!

Hope you feel better soon Beanie

Saturday was my first weigh-in since Christmas Eve so I was expecting a spectacular gain and wasn't wrong - a 6lb gain! so that's put me in the red for this challenge somewhat. :eek: Still, I'm all over it like a bad suit this week so hopefully I'll be back in the black soon.
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I was all geared up to start last Tuesday. Weighed in (heaviest ever :( ) meals for the week planned, sorted.

Then I got a call on Tuesday afternoon to say my (9 years estranged)mother died in the night.

All a bit strange, not really sure how I feel about it, but it sent my plans a bit awry.

Anyway, back this morning, assuming (praying) I haven't gained any more. I'd like to lose a stone and a half and see how I feel.

B - Bacon, egg and mushroom sandwich (HEXB)

D - Chicken noodle soup and melon

T - Beef stroganoff and going to give cauliflower rice a bash

HEXA - Milk in tea

BM - The commute and going to scrub my floors. First day back at work today and not feeling it, but thankfully we're British so nobody is really talking to me about things, just a lot of sympathetic smiles.

Hope you're all well, going to catch up on the thread now.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,673 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck with the move Ruby and enjoy your bubbles & takeaway. You'll easily rein back the syns before & after!

Today probably won't be completely on plan as eating out either lunchtime or this evening, not sure which yet!

B - HEB porridge made with water; frozen mixed fruit
    L - eating out probably
    D - Spanish rice using up LO roast chicken & some chorizo from the freezer (about 5 syns)

HEA will be milk as usual.

Denise
  • BettyBoof
    BettyBoof Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Top Girl I'm so sorry for your loss. I can imagine you don't know how to feel at the moment. Be gentle with yourself and seek support if you need it. Thinking of you. x
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well I'm back on here after the weekend and that wasn't good :(

I managed my day off on Friday and a meal out okay.
    Saturday started good. Knew Saturday lunch wouldn't be too good, but manageable as long as I was good the rest of the day. had a good dinner, but then the evening....

Then Sunday I knew I had screwed up Saturday, and was feeling down, PMTy, tired, and I just couldn't resist :(

Feel like all my hard work this last week has gone down the drain.

However I'm not giving up, back on plan with healthy food today. Planning no syns (I ate todays yesterday!)
    Got my weigh in tomorrow, so that's 2 days to salvage what I can.

Todays plan:
    Breakfast - fat free yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - HM coleslaw, egg and chicken
    Dinner - Chicken stir fry and noodles
    Snacks - carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, orange, apple, strawberrys, muller light and 2 alpen light bars

HA - milk
    HB - alpen light bars

One question about coleslaw. I wanted to replace the mayonnaise with something free. I used quark as I have some in the fridge, but it don't taste great. What do other people use?
    Zebras rock
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Top Girl, hugs to you xx
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,673 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    kathrynha - I've used FF natural yoghurt when making coleslaw and that works quite well. I've heard others have used cottage cheese but for me that a big YUK!

What's the problem with the quark? Could it be improved by adding something sweet to it, perhaps a tsp of sweetner? I know some Quark can be a bit sharp and a little sweetner helps.

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    kathrynha - I've used FF natural yoghurt when making coleslaw and that works quite well. I've heard others have used cottage cheese but for me that a big YUK!

What's the problem with the quark? Could it be improved by adding something sweet to it, perhaps a tsp of sweetner? I know some Quark can be a bit sharp and a little sweetner helps.

Denise

Mmm mushed (delumped) cottage cheese could be nice.

It was the texture I didn't like, also a yogurt flavour. It could be just me, because I knew it was different (had it last night for dinner too), where as my daughter didn't notice. Will try some sweetner too.

Thanks
    Zebras rock
  • orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all,

Some fabulous losses this week and comiserations to those that didn't - we all know that feeling!

Sorry to hear of your loss TopGirl - families are complicated even at the best of times...

JoeDenise have a lovely holiday, I'm sooooo jealous as the carribean is somewhere I've always wanted to go.

-.5lbs somehow but at least all the Christmas goodies are gone now even if it was into my gob :eek:
  • candyapple_2
    Options
    Hi everyone

Well yesterday was day 1 back on SW, decided to start on my day off as my eating habits have been totally haywire at work recently. I reckon I have sent my body into shock as I had the biggest headache yesterday evening and felt horrible too - in bed for 8pm! The headache is still there today but my appetite has come back (tea last night was a 2 syn hot choc, I just couldn't face anything else)

I feel tons better though, just for eating 'properly' and already less bloated, so looking forward to getting back on plan properly.

I've not had a chance to catch up with the thread properly, but hugs to those in need (especially Top Girl - hope you're doing ok)

Similar weight gain to me Betty I've had at least an extra 7lbs clinging onto my middle since I had my SW break in November. Good luck to you, we will soon get shot of it!

Well done to the losers while I have been away :T

Today's food:

B - crunchy bran with 1 of the new muller lights (cherry bakewell ugh not keen at all, not tried the yankee candle flavoured one yet :D), nectarine and 2 cups of tea

L - egg wrap with bacon, fried tomatoes and some baxters slaw (sounds bizarre but was yum), 1 syn of sauce for the bacon

T - either gammon grills with veg or cottage pie (need to check date of mince in fridge before deciding)

Have a good Monday everyone
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family