Be Fab for Feb - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Beanie, let us no ur verdict on the salads !
  • TOOMUCHWORRY
    Options
    Tried this for breakfast today - got recipe from a SW members own webpage. Www.mrsmummywright.com
    35g porridge oats (hex b)
    2 eggs
    1 finely grated carrot
    Sweetener to taste
    1:4 teaspoon all spice
    Good dollop of quark

Mix all together. Bake in muffin tin
    (I used silicon muffin tray sprayed with fry light)
    Bake in oven gas 4 for about 25 mins
    Makes 3 good sized muffins
    Serve other speed fruit -
    Was delish!
  • Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    -6.75 lbs for me this week :j Struggled to stick to plan (I calorie count as well as SW) this week so very happy with that. Great to see all the losses coming in.

Does anyone know the syns in a KitKat chunky cookie dough? Have one in the fridge for ages and it's really calling out to me today :rotfl: It's 224 calories so my calorie goal for the day will not thank me for it! Hopefully it will at least fit in with my syns if I behave otherwise.
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • Cazzaswfc
    Cazzaswfc Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Weigh in night tonight eek, hopefully I made inroads to the Christmas bloat, I've been back on plan since Tuesday and been really good.

Yesterdays

Brunch. Yellow pepper and ham omletter
    Tea. HM sherpards pie using veg mince with loads of veg ( some LO for lunches next week too). 3 syns gravy
    Dessert - quark with a choc high light mixed in - OMG why have I not done this before??? So nice, with merengue and strawberries 5.5 syns

Supper 2 ryvitas, laughing cow and an Alpen bar hxa and b.

Today-

Brunch - 2 poached eggs, asparagus and bacon medallions ( one day I will master this so it looks like those on Instagram) so many epic fails, still tasted OK!

Off to aldi now for next weeks menus.
    MFW 2017 No 41 £835.79/£1000
    Mortgage at December 2015. £55003.41
    Mortgage at December 2016. £51173.04
    Current MF date November 2034
  • chocomonsta
    Options
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    -6.75 lbs for me this week :j

Amazing, well done you x :j
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's brilliant, well done!:T
    You don't have to eat lots of carbs if you don't feel the need but eating them won't stop you losing weight. SW can be a bit woolly on free food saying eat as much as you like. That doesn't make sense to me. It works if you just eat three meals a day with each meal a third Speed but if you snack on free food in between the smaller the percentage of your intake the Speed becomes. I prefer too look at my food across a day and make sure I get a third of the total as Speed.

Do the slimming world ready meals contain a third of speed food?

I bought 3 of them with the free muller offer in Iceland. The cherry bakewell mullers are lovely - they have an almond hit. The treacle ones taste like the toffee ones.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    STS this week

Was sure I would have lost :( I have been good all week :mad:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,596 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Kim_kim wrote: »
    Do the slimming world ready meals contain a third of speed food?

I bought 3 of them with the free muller offer in Iceland. The cherry bakewell mullers are lovely - they have an almond hit. The treacle ones taste like the toffee ones.

No. The idea is that you split the pack so either share with someone or have half now and half another day. You then need to add your speed food to it.

If you are extra hungry there's no reason why you shouldn't eat the whole pack but again you still need a third of plate of Speed food!

I've only tried a couple of them and not been particularly impressed so haven't bothered again. Much prefer to cook my own "ready meals" and freeze.

Today's a bit off plan (OK at lot, LOL!)

B - SW fry up - last of the eggs, bacon & mushrooms!
    L - pizza - did have spinach on it so a bit of Speed:D. Was ricotta & spinach. Have to say I really enjoyed it as haven't had a pizza in years.
    D - SC chicken, roast potatoes, roasted onion, red cabbage, brussels. Would have done some peas as well but have now used the pack up!

My outside freezer is now empty and defrosted. Pleased with that. Did pick up some reduced WM pitta breads (25p for 6). Have separated and bunged in freezer for after holiday.

HEA - milk
    HEB - at a bit of a stretch the pizza base:rotfl:

Syns - pizza, wine

Denise
  • Zeni
    Zeni Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    -6.75 lbs for me this week :j Struggled to stick to plan (I calorie count as well as SW) this week so very happy with that. Great to see all the losses coming in.

Does anyone know the syns in a KitKat chunky cookie dough? Have one in the fridge for ages and it's really calling out to me today :rotfl: It's 224 calories so my calorie goal for the day will not thank me for it! Hopefully it will at least fit in with my syns if I behave otherwise.

Oo I had one of these before christmas and they were delish. Just checked the app and they are 11 syns :) I may pick some up as that's def worth it!

Had a good first few days back on it.. trying to resist the urge to weigh myself as for the first time since I've done SW I have my own scales! trying to busy myself finding recipes for my new slow cooker.. already tried stew last night and it was soo good and barey had to do anything!
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ha pizza base Denise!

Well done Whiplashy, that's a fabulous loss!

Today:
    B - Porridge made with half milk half water, but which I've just realised with a jolt that i didn't weigh out! So syns there, plus 2 Syns for sugar. No Speed I'm afraid.
    D - Grandma's Sunday Dinner - roast lamb, potatoes, mixed veg and a random onion, a spoon of mushy peas and gravy. Syns again.
    T - Will be the Italian chicken and tomato soup I made yesterday, so one OK meal!

Not completely on plan all weekend but I've run like ten miles over the course of it so not as bad as it could have been.

I find it very difficult to say no to Grandma when it comes to her cooking for me or eating out because I know it's the company she wants more than the food really (that's not to say she never sees me otherwise - she does!). I think I'll invite her round to mine next time for something SW friendly.

Need to plan next week's meals now, will go shopping tomorrow. The cupboards are absolutely bare, I did an excellent job of buying as much as I needed and using it all up this week :D

Need to decide on my new recipe for the week... :D
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family