Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Today's plan:

B - bacon & mushroom omelette
    L - cheese on toast
    D - shepherds pie will add peas to it and serve cabbage on the side as have half left in the fridge.

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - cheese 6 syns.

Not much speed today as using stuff up before holiday.

May share a big orange with DH later as there is only one left and that will be the last of the Speed fruit, although do have grapes to pick at!

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T summerlady and that's a great idea batch cooking stew. I think it tastes better over time too, even in the freezer.

:T mary on your loss. It's good to point out that not everyone loses regularly every week even if they stick to plan 100% but it comes good in the end.

I too have a thick head but mine's self induced:o. I was good with the party food though. As suspected there was a lot of beige stuff. Fortunately people didn't all sit down en masse to eat so I just picked at a couple of chicken wings and had some quiche but left the pastry. Before I went out I'd had some ham & cornichons and a tin of grapefruit segments. I know they have syns but the can had been in the cupboard for an age so needed using up.

beanielou wrote: »
    Got a couple of the SW chilled things from Iceland.
    One is a tuna pasta & the other is a potato salad.
    Will see what they are like.
    Have no energy at all so needs must :(

Sorry to hear that beanie but do let us know what the chilled stuff is like.

Did you follow a recipe for the pasta larumbelle? I'd like to try that.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: lentil and veg soup and maybe something else if I'm hungry enough (small JP?)
    D: HM pork burgers, fried onions, mushrooms, patatas bravas, green stuff (asparagus, broccoli, mange tout)
    Syns: squirt of syrup, hair of the dog;)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cazzaswfc wrote: »
    Going to plan next week better, going to get back into the habit of trying a new recipe every week.

I love this idea and am going to copy it! My new recipe for this week can be the made-up soup I've just had, need to have a look through my books for next week.

Beanie, hope you feel better soon, and I too am interested in what the chilled SW things are like.

By contrast, I am feeling more full of energy than I have in ages. I slept really well last night so that may be it - so well in fact that I slept in and was almost late for parkrun but I still went so I'm proud of myself! I had my takeaway last night and a Freddo or three so I feel I've had a little splurge and am ready to get back on with things today.

B - Alpen Light (because slept in; 3)
    D - BNS, carrot, potato and onion soup with wholemeal roll and 1 tsp butter* (2)
    T - Stir fry (with prawns if I have any in the freezer, chopped bacon otherwise)
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - wholemeal roll
    Syns so far - 5 as above, weeny piece of cake: 2, sugar 3

*I'm trying to move away from synthetic and low fat foods like margarine even if the Syn count is higher. I'm going to move back on to proper olive oil once I've finished my stash of Frylight as well, and want to stop eating quite so many mugshots and Mullerlights.

Well done to all on the losses coming in! I'm off to use this unusual energy to clean the house (and take the tree down at last :o)
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks ladies.

Whilst I remember does anyone have a recipe for braised red cabbage? I love the cranberry/redcabbage combo from the carvery but have never attempted to make it! I did boil red cabbage once and it went blue :o

I have 1/2 a red cabbage and half a jar of cranberry sauce(1.5 syns a tbsp :eek:) left to use up!

Also looking for a tasty Dhal recipe, I have a cupboard full of red lentils that I need to either eat up or make in to them toasy heat bags :rotfl:
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    *I'm trying to move away from synthetic and low fat foods like margarine even if the Syn count is higher. I'm going to move back on to proper olive oil once I've finished my stash of Frylight as well, and want to stop eating quite so many mugshots and Mullerlights.

I am attempting to do the same, I have never been keen on the chemical taste of mullerlights but often fell back on them for quickness. I'm trialing plain natural/greek yoghurt and using fruit/berries/honey..... means I don't sit down to a feast of snacks on an evening in front of the Tv but my headaches have improved alot and I don't miss the snacks!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's interesting about your headaches Mary - hopefully I might feel like I have a bit more energy then without loads of chemicals floating about in my bloodstream. I just had the Treacle Tart Muller I got free in Iceland the other day and it tasted like a Yankee candle :eek:

I don't have a dhal recipe but I love this soup that uses red lentils - link. It is free (if you use Frylight, not sure about the Greek yoghurt as I never add that anyway) and filling and really tasty, though not super speedy.

I've just spent some time reorganising my freezer and making an inventory (it looks like I might be able to get away without doing a Big Shop this week - hurrah!) but there are a couple of things I couldn't find in my book - could someone help me on Syns please (and make them low!)? :

McCain Crispy Sweet Potato Fries (these ones)
    Asda Extra Special Caramelised Red Onion Pork Sausages (these ones)

Many thanks in advance, and I'm aware they may need to be reserved for Weigh Day Treats :o
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    Went to group and was pleased to see 3 lbs off from new Year though I'm officially starting from today for our challenge. Gym done an currently batch cooking spaghetti bolognese and stew. So thankful it's the weekend .
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,606 Forumite
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »
    Went to group and was pleased to see 3 lbs off from new Year though I'm officially starting from today for our challenge. Gym done an currently batch cooking spaghetti bolognese and stew. So thankful it's the weekend .

That's great lantanna, well done!:T
    I just had the Treacle Tart Muller I got free in Iceland the other day and it tasted like a Yankee candle :eek:

McCain Crispy Sweet Potato Fries (these ones)
    Asda Extra Special Caramelised Red Onion Pork Sausages (these ones)

Many thanks in advance, and I'm aware they may need to be reserved for Weigh Day Treats :o

:rotfl:I must confess to never having eaten a Yankee candle but I'm sure it'd have syns in it!

The fries are 2.5 syns for 100g so similar to many oven chips. The sausages are 5 syns each.:eek:
    I adapt the Delia recipe for braised red cabbage, mary:
    http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/british/traditional-braised-red-cabbage-with-apples

but I noticed she does one with cranberries too:

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/one-pot-recipes/spiced-sauteed-red-cabbage-with-cranberries

I don't bother with the butter and I don't syn the cooked apple or the sweetener as I freeze it in small portions (large serving spoon each) so the syns would be very little per person. I often use up some wrinkly eating apples instead of cookers.Obviously you'd have syns in the cranberry sauce.

I've been pottering in the kitchen too. I've got a vegetable chilli in the SC for a change on JPs and I've made some fishcakes with a tin of mackerel and a tiny piece of smoked haddock that was left from a bag. I've frozen 4 and kept 2 for my lunch. I'd like to make some more soup but I'm not sure I've enough room in the freezer.
  • Haylaluru
    Haylaluru Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So today was WI after my first week on SW and I have lost 9lbs which is amazing but it just shows how much I have to loose and how much I was overeating beforehand.

I haven't been hungry at all, in-fact quiet the opposite, but looking back on my food diary it was perhaps a little low on carbs as I'm normally a carb monster so I was quiet strict with myself portion wise on those as I didn't want to get too carried away (alright...greedy) with "free" pasta, rice and potatoes.

Extra bonus is I'm loving cooking from scratch again with "real" ingredients and no beige food in sight and planning meals in advance means I've saved about £20 on my usual grocery shop today too not to mention at least another £15 from not having a weekly takeaway.

I'm definitely going to put unspent weekly takeaway money in a savings jar!!

Today was
    B Wheatabix with milk HE A &B with a little milk left for teas
    L Was busy shopping so just a TA coffee (will syn the milk as over allowance) a melon fruit pack and a packet of quavers (haven't checked the total syns yet but sure it won't be over 15)
    D Prawn spicy noodle stir fry with loads of speedy veg

Have a good weekend everyone x
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • chocomonsta
    Options
    Haylaluru wrote: »
    So today was WI after my first week on SW and I have lost 9lbs

fantastic loss, well done :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors