Men - I despair

Options

Comments

• Proxima_Centauri
    Options
    If clothes genuinely aren't his thing you might be better off just organising his clothes for the day yourself.

But there might be a little bit of sexism creeping in here? I can imagine a thread entitled 'Women - I despair' would have ruffled a few feathers!
  • Elinore
    Elinore Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    Nope, no sexisim here.

My mother is the same. Drives me bonkers. Refuses to try anything on then gets home and none of it fits. Drives back the next day takes it back and gets something else... its a never ending cycle....
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    He's outsourced the decision-making process.

...Quite clever, really!
  • AylesburyDuck
    Options
    I'm afraid after 17 years of doing this, i'd have been picking my battles, and your owns daughters wedding wouldnt have been one of them, and so as not to spoil her day i'd have babied him EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!:eek:
    Yes, hes a grown man, yes its annoying, but battles have to picked wisely.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm afraid after 17 years of doing this, i'd have been picking my battles, and your owns daughters wedding wouldnt have been one of them, and so as not to spoil her day i'd have babied him EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!:eek:
    Yes, hes a grown man, yes its annoying, but battles have to picked wisely.

The OP said it was "his" daughters wedding, not "their" daughter ?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Where clothes are concerned i have always led the way. If it was up to hubby he'd only have one set of clothes and those are the clothes he goes to work in.:(
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How does a man select trousers that are 4 inches too long?

From my lay perspective (being a woman), I see men's trousers as coming in three basic sizes (short, regular, long) with two inches between each size. That would mean he's a 'short' but bought a 'long'. Seriously? Doesn't every man know their own trouser size, in the same way that they know their shoe size? I can get the waist being wrong, but leg length?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Or maybe he tried on ten of them before that he didn't like/find comfortable. He then found these he likes his size waist-wise, tried them on and thought they were great and that the length could be altered and where he failed is remembering after he got home?

Frankly, I'm with your OH. I hate shopping but even more so trying clothes on, especially in the winter. I have often bought things and tried them at home, having to return them because they didn't fit or planning to have them altered and never got to it.

I don't think it makes your OH a child, but a man who just doesn't care about dressing up when it involves shopping. I'd much rather have such husband then one who can't stop shopping with no concerns over the credit card bill.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's a hard life being a man you know :D
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not getting the problem with the socks. Seriously. Please enlighten me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure