* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Fab topic 0462, I'm determined not to fail this time so will try to engage what passes for my brain these days :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    Thank you for the tips for the winter wedding Kerri I have some fleece thermal lined tights put by. I'm so sorry for your loss Murie my thoughts are with you and your family. Free the bird art looks great I do button art to sell and yours looks really good. Welcome to the thread pink lady 1985. Vulpix I have vitamin d deficiency and am now on a maintanence dose for life, it's s good idea to take a vitamin d tablet during the winter months as the sun doesn't generate enough this time of year.

I've just had a welcomed £25.00 cold weather payment come through which I wasn't expecting so that has gone into my Christmas fund. I also won at my community bingo £13.00 so that too has gone Christmas present fund. I managed to get myself a fireplace and have just thought i haven't got enough Christmas decks now so I am on lookout for a wreath for the fireplace along with s few other Christmassy things. For Christmas I got 3 led battery balls that I am keeping out all year round on my dining room table. I was thinking that the white leds could be replaced at Christmas with red or multicoloured ones.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bird craft,better late than never.[IMG][/img]16507126_10211832102096370_657198485_n_zpsqvfkkfca.jpg
     :
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    vulpix wrote: »
    bird craft,better late than never.[IMG][/img]16507126_10211832102096370_657198485_n_zpsqvfkkfca.jpg

Loving the cushion vulpix.

I will try this months craft project but I am still having trouble uploading pictures on here so I will put my photos on my instagram account instead if I still can't get them to upload on here.
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Aw V, that cushion is really sweet. :)
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Love the cushion Vulpix, your bird is really cute.

I have a had a good day. Doing housework mainly. Not something I usually enjoy doing, but I got loads done and moved the living room round a bit. The living room feels different now and nice to be in.
    Ive lit my candles for the night, bathed the kids and just sat down with my jammies on. Will have a cuppa soon and watch something on Netflix.

It's a short week this week as we finish up on Friday for a long weekend. My kids are off a full week, so my lovely Dad is helping with childcare that week. Thankfully I'm just doing my contracted hours so it's less. I have been doing 2hrs overtime everyday since I first started this job (1 year ago!). So my boss keeps commenting that Im not in that week. I am, but I'm just doing 11:30-2pm instead of 9:30-2pm. I feel bad for having to ask to just do my hours for one week. My overtime money is appreciated, but it's a lot to ask my dad to take 3 kids for a full week. So I thought it would help if it wasn't so long each day for them all.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Vulpix that is really nice! It looks very scandi and practical too! I haven't had a chance to do Januarys challenge but will make a valentine card for DH and use that for this months- 2 birds with one stone!

Im doing well on the present front, got Valentines Day,DNs 18th (this month) DS's (March) , Mothers Day and DDs and DNs 21st sorted (July and October) so I am chuffed with myself. Also got DDs graduation present sorted in anticipation-' I am on a roll baby'! Just have my sis's (June but I have a bottle of dark chocolate liqueur towards that ftom Aldi this weekend for £4.99). BIL's(October) and DH (November) to get now and I am done! Then I can concentrate on Christmas - and its only early February! (Can you tell I am a tad pleased with myself?!)

Princess Kitty and Newthrift I hope things are going well for you and your 'bumps'x

Peppa- I have given the game away on my challenge so we cant be unwitting 'challenge twins' this month.
    Free- hope you are OK?

Mrs I- how did DD get on with the moon boot (have I missed an update on that?)

Nic- overtime is lovely and you are being very considerate of your dads time x

Treasure queen- any unexpected monies are a bonus! Those LED balls sound good- I love twinkly lights at any time of the year.

Clumsy- enjoy the lie ins!

0462- thanks for the challenge again, glad you are loving the job x

GTQ- is the tooth fixed? Hope all went well and was painless x

Chrissy- Mom and DH always say they hate those eye drops too. I don't how I would get on- Im such a wuss it takes about 4 attempts to get the 'puffer' right on my (ordinary) test cus I keep blinking! I just cant get on with varifocals btw- they play havoc with my vertigo so have gone back to standard single vision lenses.

This week will be take up with tying up more lose ends and hoping that the car can be fixed without too much expense. Today has been the first 'normal' day for us as a family which means I have had masses of washing and housework etc to do (so when I say 'normal' I really mean 'kacke**ing' for me lol!), as I have had to catch up with what I haven't had a chance to do over the course of the week. At least it means I might just sleep tonight!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Murie- Even though ive worn varifocals for about 4 yrs this new prescription took 3 weeks to get used to .

Eye screen went well just glad its over really .

I have ordered a few Christmas bits DD very helpfully does a christmas list on Amazon so i have bought a couple of things off it.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Ugh, I've only had that air puffer thing once but who on earth expects any sane person not to blink when air is being puffed into one's eye.

I need to check / update my xmas gift list and put things away for December (luckily I have a draw under the bed dedicated to that so I know where to find everything). Main birthdays we now 'buy' for through the year are £ or vouchers so not too hard there (DB is next and I did get him an Echo Dot) Though we do have a glut of 18ths this year - which means no xmas cards will be required (we stop after they reach 18yrs as they're all doing different things by then) but the b'days themselves will be more expensive.

Nearly bought some lovely little xmas tea light holders in Ikea at the weekend, 25p or 50p for 2 I think but decided I really didn't need them, and I wasn't going to be giving them as gifts so I put them back...then went off and polished my halo lol! Did win a pack of tea light candles in their Family card thing though - much better for the diet than a hot dog lol!
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi There,

I have a cold,3rd in 6 weeks.:( This one is razor blade throat.There is so much I want to get on with but I just feel too grim.

I ordered some *von in their sale for the Mothers for Mothers day.

It is my friends 60th on Saturday.Her husband has booked a surprise tour of the peak District in a VW camper van.There will be us,them and another couple.Not something I would have chosen but I will make the most of it.I havent had the time or inclination to go anywhere and buy a pressie or card.I am renovating a stool for the house she is having built but she is being very fussy and it wont be ready.A bottle of fizz is about all I can manage to get before Saturday.

DD2's birthday tea was lovely apart from her BF having migraine for the first time ever and had to go to bed in our spare room.Because I wasnt feeling on form I did'nt make as much food as I planned and guess what,there was enough!!!!!!:rotfl:I am NOT a cake maker.The one I made was nice enough but the texture seemed a bit heavy to me.How do I make a nice fluffy cake?

Off to the dentist for a check up now.

Laters V x
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills