* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The Range has really beautiful Christmas themes this year- I think this is the best year yet. I could spend a fortune in there (if I had it!).
    Glad to see everyone is moving on with their plans and a big WELCOME to the newbies.
    Vulpix- ooh a new car, exciting!
    Nic- I think the exhaust is blowing on my car so have made a mental not to ask the garage abut it when it goes in for a service in 3 weeks. Easiest way to 'blow' a few hundred quid unfortunately!
    Veronica Mars- loving the chocolate orange escapades!
    Princess kitty- good to 'see' you. Glad Squeak is starting to settle x
    Newthift- little man is gorgeous, lovely pics on IG x.
    Peppa- enjoy the shopping trip
    Mrs I- how are you getting along with your new neighbours?
    Free- hugs x
    Sammy- hope the chocs are still intact lol ?
    GYD- fingers crossed the solicitors get a wiggle on sooner rather than later. Congrats on the cheque x
    Clumsy- good news about ESA- you can relax now x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nic - ouch £250 on repairs
    Princesskitty - good to see you its surprising how much of your time such little people take up glad squeak is settling
    VeronicaMars I did see some really thick chunky red tinsel the other day can't remember where though :o
    GTQ primark have started getting the kids fleece pj's in if your still considering them for your charity they had some xmassy boys red & navy stag print ones today upto 14-15years. They also had Turtles, marvel, paw patrol & spongebob all £6
    Tesco also have a really nice super soft set Similar price I got for taz this week and he loves them https://www.tesco.com/direct/ff-striped-fleece-pyjamas/470-0181.prd?skuId=699-1351
    Murie I haven't made it back to the range yet but they were putting some beautiful stuff out so looking forward to a proper look

Superdrug are doing a free toiletry bag with 2 carex lip balms in when you buy 3 selected skincare products - if you combine with the 3 for 2 wipes or face masks you can get 4 items for £1.98 ideal for hampers or stocking fillers.
    only 1 free gift per order but nothing to stop you placing multiple orders and if you have a store card you get free delivery too :D though I do click & collect anyway as have a store close by and it saves missing the postie. its in store too but no free gifts in stock in my local
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Vulpix The Kelpies are lit from one hour after sun down (according to the website) so that should be about 8pm/8.30pm at this time of year. :)

I see that nic2075 has replied to you with regards to the Falkirk Wheel - another great structure. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Had a long post written last night & lost it :mad:

Will have to remember what I wrote:D

New - Congrats on the sleepless nights, he will be worth it.

Newbies - Welcome to the house of fun!

Clumsy - Glad you can be less stressed now.

Vulpix - Safe driving, exciting when you get a new car!

Free - Hope you doing ok.

Mandco - Thanks for heads up on jim jams, will look into it.

Hugs to those I have missed.

Exciting news:j! Yankee are opening a shop practically next door to office. Think I may need to wander in there tomorrow after work. Freebies for first 250 who spend more than £20, think that will be achievable:rotfl: I need to collect an order from Next so I have an excuse to go there, call it time management:j

Been busy trying to sort out buying flat in Egypt, has been a nightmare. Because the price is so cheap, can't get a mortgage, I "only" need £20k, so having to go down personal loan route, providing I can get this, I will own a property outright in 5 years. My brother is coming to see me at the weekend to go through things. I know I can afford it, just got to go through the bureaucracy of it all. Already planning in my mind how I want it, and guess what, I haven't even seen it:eek:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    O Wow GTQ,just Wow.How very exciting.The flat, but the Yankee Candle shop is a close second!It is so annoying when you spend ages writing a lovely long post and it disappears.I have given up with long posts these days as it happens so often to me.

Thank you girls for your Scottish info.We are staying in Hamilton for the night Friday then collecting the car and going over to Falkirk.Any other recommendations? I had a 4 month placement in Edinburgh when I was a student.Its a shame we don't have more time.Mr V has never been to Scotland before.I would like to take him to Musselborough.Not too interested in the city centre mele.I wouldnt mind a drive through though.I shared a tenament on a road just off the Royal Mile.My placement was with Barnardo's in Balerno I think it was.Good times.

Me n DS have been trying to stop the shower from leaking.Took ages to scrape out all the old sealant and put new in which then leaked so we have put some tape stuff on now.We have to leave it 24hrs to see it it has worked.I have never in my life had a non leaky shower where ever I have lived.

Off to Craft soon.I am struggling to think of a gingerbread craft.Have you all got one?

Vx
     :
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    I shouldn’t be sat here doing this I should be making tea really! :p

Wiggle has been at pre-school all day today so I took the opportunity to clear out his play room – 3 large bin bags of stuff is now on Freecycle! Just in time for him to get lots more toys for Christmas! :eek:

I’ve bought Wiggle and Squeak a magic flannel each for their stockings as they both use them every bath time, a Peppa Pig one for Wiggle and a Winnie-the-Pooh one for Squeak. I also picked up some chocolate coins for Wiggle from HB for 59p.

Welcome to all new Christmas nuts! :beer:

Veronica it’s a good feeling stocking up!

mandco thanks for the Superdrug heads up!

GTQ wow exciting times buying a flat in Egypt! I always write my responses on a word doc then copy and paste to avoid losing a long post as it’s sooo frustrating!

vulpix DH and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Scotland! We got engaged at the top of Ben Nevis. Have a fab time.
  • kpwll
    kpwll Posts: 4,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Newbie to this thread, I just had to pop in for a gander, (not that I'm nosy).

I love Xmas, but truly grateful when the shops all close on Xmas Eve, it gives my purse a holiday.

I took advantage of the chocolate orange offer in Tesco, bought 6 so only paid for 2. Put them away, when I went back into the cupboard 2 days later 1 was half eaten. Chocoholic son strikes again!!
    I wouldn't mind but he's 34 lol.
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Vulpix Probably the Falkirk Wheel and the Kelpies would be enough for you & DH to see in the short time that you have. Enjoy your trip! :)

Welcome to the newbies :D
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome JINGLEBELLE and KPWLL.

Had a lovely day today Christmas shopping with DD1. B&M was a big let down this time but Home Bargains was great and The Range was amazing. Virtually the whole first floor of ours is devoted to Christmas and it was fab, I could have spent a fortune but limited myself to some lovely gift bags, Christmas cards and two new baubles for the tree. DD bought me and DH a really nice lamp in the shape of a lighthouse for our Christmas pressie - just means I have to wait til I can get my hands on it lol. Got some good unicorn stationery bits in HB and also got good bits for three hampers so a very successful day. I had a lovely bbq and cheese melt panini and hot choc for lunch in the Range too so I was very happy!

Off to Wales tomorrow to visit DSS and family for the weekend but will try to pop in and see what's going on.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • kpwll
    kpwll Posts: 4,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bring your raincoat & brolly Peppapig, lots of rain here in Wales tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure