* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome VERONICAMARS. Had an email from Tesco that Terry's Chocolate Orange are on bogof at the mo if that helps.

NEWTHRIFT your little one is gorgeous. Personally at this stage of the game you get top marks from me for getting out of your pjs let alone getting on with Christmas prep. ;)

CLUMSY that's good news and not having to get to the Jobcentre will be a big weight off your mind.

Yesterday was hot and sunny and we had breakfast in the garden. Today it's damp, dark and drizzly. Amazing how two days can be so totally different. This weather makes me want to eat more and I really don't need any help in that direction, especially with all of DH's birthday chocolate shouting at me from the kitchen :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PEPPAPIG- Thank you! Your memory is not deceiving you, I joined in with the Christmas prep fun last year.

I love this thread, I just often read in the early am before I go to work and when I'm not always compus mentus enough to respond.

Off out somewhere (hopefully Leamington Spa) today with my parents and husband, looking forward to that.

Does anyone know when the Christmas themed drinks are due to be sold in coffee shops such as Costa? My Mother in Law and I are planning an early (October-ish) Christmas shop in Birmingham, and would like to be able to treat ourselves to a festive drink. (Last year, we loved the salted caramel cappuccinos from Costa.)

I had a Pumpkin spice latte the other day, it was one of Starbucks seasonal specials. They had another too, can't remember what it was, maybe a white chocolate peppermint latte? Not sure when Costa etc start theirs. It did make me feel all Christmassy. I buy Nescaf! sachets too. I love the Gingerbead one and peppermint mocha. I just sit smelling them for a while lol. X
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chocolate oranges were still buy 2 get 1 free at Tesco. So 3 for £2. I got one each for the kids stocking today. I always put a satsuma at the bottom, I considered changing it for a chocolate orange, but I think they will Disapointed. They usually have the satsuma before brekkie on xmas morning.

I also picked up a few bits of Hello kitty stationary for my DD2 in Home bargains. They were 39p for a lovely purse, 59p for a notebook. Couldn't walk past them at that price lol. But they are lovely designs.
    I also picked up yet another Gingerbread Jar candle. I think I have an problem. That's me up to 7 big jars, 2 small glass ones and 4 votives. Alll gingerbread. I do love it. I plan to have a candle burning every day from mid November. I'm currently burning the halloween jars, which are lovely rol.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome VeronicaMars,you are amongst Christmas fans here.

Well,DD2's Birthday is done today.She loved her framed Sgt pepper picture disc.The picture I made with pennies from every year since she was born looks great.2017 pennies have not been released yet.My friend emailed the Royal Mint when we couldn't find any.

So all systems go for Christmas now.I picked up the 3 for £2 chocolate oranges fromTesco.

Congratulations New thrift.A lovely little boy to spoil :)

Well tomorrow we are nipping to Glasgow! To check out a car.I fancy going to see The Kelpies whilst we are in the area.They look amazing.

Vx
     :
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations newthrift on the birth of your little boy! :)

Haven't been able to do much Christmas prep in the last few days as it's been so busy, and this week will just be more of the same I think! A busy week ahead, but hoping I can put more focus on it once the working week is done.

I've got a lovely gingerbread candle ready to burn for Christmas too. I watched a little bit of the QVC Christmas show earlier whilst doing a bit of work this evening, made me feel Christmassy and excited! :)

If I can't pop in again during the week, I hope you all have a lovely week x
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I watched a few of the QVC shows yesterday and thought they had some really nice bits, particularly the festive lighting. I didn't buy anything but might have a look on the website later and revisit a few bits.

Out to lunch today and looking forward to some Christmas shopping on Thursday with DD.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • VeronicaMars
    Options
    Ex Glasgow girl here! Although I still work there but don't live here anymore :D

Tesco was closed early last night because its a holiday weekend!! Going to nip out and check on my lunch! I'll be so annoyed if I could have basically got 3 for £2! Brought my reusable bag with me to work so I don't need to pay 10p for a bag (and save the environment) if they do happen to have them.

That is SUCH a good idea about the pennies!! I love it!! I'm probably going to steal that if you don't mind. My little girl was born in 2016 so need to try and source a 2016 penny xx
    Originally debt free 27th November 2014 :T

Mortgage July 2016 - £175,295.00 | Sept 2017 - £167,350.00 | Sept 2018 - £162,926.00
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    the tesco buy 1 get 2 free chocolate oranges is due to finish today had to pick up another set today as dd ate the spare ones

home bargains had quite a bit of xmas stock today finally managed to get one of the small gingerbread candles :D loads of the magical xmas one including votives and tea lights but not keen on that one.
    They had some mini milk bottles with straws in with xmas pics on for 59p so picked up on of each design for the kids xmas eve hamper - afterwards thought they might make nice token gifts if filled with sweets
    They had a lovely let it snow mug which I'm now kicking myself for not getting never mind will have to see if they still have it next time.
    They also had the stag crackle hurricane glass from last year back in stock -wasn't in the xmas aisle though.
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi! One day I’ll be back on board with you all again! I’m quite missing it after 5 years of regularly being on these Christmas threads. I always think about that every year, I remember finding that first Christmas chat thread that was set up and it’s scary to think 5/6 years has gone by since then – I’ve bought a house, got married and had two children in that time! :p

I’m busy squirrelling bits away for Christmas here, my family are coming to stay with us this year so I’m going to start a little food stock cupboard. I picked up 3 choc oranges today and had a bonus – I took a top back to exchange, the exchange items I got were £2 dearer but instead of me giving her £2 she gave me £2! So essentially all of my choc oranges were free! I know I sound awful but it was busy, I had Squeak with me and when she gave me the £2 back I actually just thought that one of the items I was buying had been reduced as that often happens, it was only when I got outside and checked my receipt that I realised what had happened. Oh well I’m sure Tescs won’t miss it and we spend a fortune with them on our weekly shop! One of the oranges is going in my stock cupboard, one is for my brothers stocking and the other one is for luck! I’m sure it will go in someone’s gift bag if I don’t eat it first!

Well I’ve only managed to catch up on this page I’m afraid so sorry if I’ve missed anything. I know I say this every time but I really do hope to be back on here more often soon, Squeak is getting a lot easier to handle and Wiggle is at pre-school 2.5 days a week.

Sammy you can order any coffee decaf in Starbucks, I do it all the time. I’m sure the actual coffee is decaf and they add the flavourings afterwards.

ellie what a bonus on the JL cards – happy spending!

DSmiffy welcome! How about Studio? They do lots of offers on that kind of thing.

Clumsy I’m really sorry I’m not sure what ESA is but I’m glad if it’s something that makes you happy!

Hi newthrift, you’re boy is gorgeous! It’s a minefield when you’re new to parenthood but you’ll get there.

Welcome Veronica! Always good to have another Christmas nut on board!
  • liseva88
    Options
    Wow, this thread is awesome! I love Christmas and can't wait! I'm waiting for my christmas tree - three months! :D
    what i love the most are candles. Christmas candles are the best. I love fragrance of apple, cinamon and gingerbread <3 Please tell me, where do you buy candles for christmas? Kisses;*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure