* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• VeronicaMars
    Options
    Gingerbread candles - mmmmmmmmmm :heart:I've got some cinnamon and some cosy by the fire ones that will be getting lit November - possibly October :D

princesskitty29 - My family also MIGHT be coming to ours so I'm starting to stock up aswell! If we change plans then i'll take it with me! Plus we are going away at new year with friends so I can take it then! My chocolate oranges are also some stocking fillers for the adults since we are not doing big presents this year!.

mandco - I can't believe I found it yesterday about the deal and it ends today!! I asked my husband if he saw the offer (the ONE week he does the food shop!!) and he said yeh but we'll get them nearer the time! The blinking offer probably won't be on nearer the time as that is when everyone will be buying them last minute!

WELL - went to TWO Tescos at lunch and got 6 perfectly good ones and 3 kind-of-bashed-but-passable-but-I-might-just-eat-myself-ones! Also got 5 boxes of mint matchmakers and 5 boxes of orange ones! AND...drumroll please...I got 10% off them aswell! So basically I got my chocolate oranges for 60p! And my matchmakers for 90p a box!! Result! I actually need some more so going to check the Tesco next to me tonight before the offer ends! Then just put it all away until Christmas :xmastree: :Rudolf:
    :xmassmile
    Originally debt free 27th November 2014 :T

Mortgage July 2016 - £175,295.00 | Sept 2017 - £167,350.00 | Sept 2018 - £162,926.00
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    LISEVA the Gingerbread jar candles from Home Bargains are lovely, just as good as Yankee candles and personally I don't think you can beat Ikea for scented tea lights, again, just as good as Yankee candles. Welcome to the thread, we all love Christmas on here so you're among friends. :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 September 2017 at 7:11PM
    Options
    Vulpix I hope that you managed to pay the Kelpies a visit. I live a 5 minute drive away from them! They are massive. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • VeronicaMars
    Options
    Still to visit the Kelpies 3forholidays!! Would love to do the buggy walk round it one day!

Peppapig I will need to add some of the gingerbread candles to my collection!! Love it when the fire is on and the house smells all christmassy!

Back to my never ending Terry's Chocolate Orange Saga! I got some!! Pack of 12 - my local Tesco had LOADS and I mean loads!! I swapped the 3 crappy bashed ones I had for the 3 good ones!

I feel very happy got my match sticks and oranges. I should hopefully sleep sound tonight!

Does anyone know when Tesco start selling decorations? I was too late to buy chunky tinsel last year and missed out and couldn't get any anywhere mid way through December so going to buy it as soon as i see it in Tesco, they had huge ones that were £3 each I think? I have a big staircase and love wrapping tinsel and twinkle lights round the banister <3
    Originally debt free 27th November 2014 :T

Mortgage July 2016 - £175,295.00 | Sept 2017 - £167,350.00 | Sept 2018 - £162,926.00
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi,we are back home.We bought the car in Glasgow and it took so long we decided to just come home.We are however going back on Friday,dropping Ds off at GFs in Carlisle and then hoping to see The Kelpies.3 for H What time of night are they lit? Are they lit all night?I will see if we can get somewhere to stay nearby then go into Glasgow Saturday to pick up the car.The salesman at the garage was also telling us about a big wheel on the canal nearby the Kelpies that sounded interesting.

It's 20 years since I have been to Scotland,it was nice to be back.I went to uni in Dundee in the 80's.

It was so hot today in Glasgow 20*.

Vx
     :
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    Oh the board has been updated to Christmas and Other Yuletide Festivals already this year. That's more like it
  • elliew8
    Options
    Just popping in to say Next have got their online Christmas shop open :)
    I'm dreaming... of a white Christmas :snow_grin :xmassmile:rudolf:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    vulpix wrote: »
    Hi,we are back home.We bought the car in Glasgow and it took so long we decided to just come home.We are however going back on Friday,dropping Ds off at GFs in Carlisle and then hoping to see The Kelpies.3 for H What time of night are they lit? Are they lit all night?I will see if we can get somewhere to stay nearby then go into Glasgow Saturday to pick up the car.The salesman at the garage was also telling us about a big wheel on the canal nearby the Kelpies that sounded interesting.

It's 20 years since I have been to Scotland,it was nice to be back.I went to uni in Dundee in the 80's.

It was so hot today in Glasgow 20*.

Vx

The Falkirk Wheel is not far from the Kelpies. It's a great sight, seeing he boats lifted right out the water. Saved them putting in loads of locks.
    Ive yet to visit the kelpies too. I planned to go in November or December when it's dark early.
    I stay 25 minutes from Glasgow :D
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    Options
    Oh the board has been updated to Christmas and Other Yuletide Festivals already this year. That's more like it

I love it when it changes. That's my sign to get a move on with xmas prep lol x
  • nic2075
    Options
    My car was in for a MOT. It needed a wheel bearing and my exhaust had blown 2 days before I took it in (typical) anyway £250 later I am feeling very skint. I get paid monthly on the 13th of the month. So it will be beans on toast til then lol.
    Seeing as I can't afford to buy many Christmas presents until payday, I plan to get looking to see what I'm going to buy everyone, and make a proper list. Usually I make a mental note and then forget lol.
    I have been using my planner all year. So I am a lot more organised than I usually am. My sister also loves my planner and all the stickers and cute paper clips and washi I have in it. So I plan to put together a whole kit for her.
    My Dad also moved house in the summer. To a beautiful flat on the seafront. Last year I bought him a McCoo canvas. So I plan to get him another to go on the other wall. It was nice to get him something other than a shirt or jumper.

I'm getting there slowly but surely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family