* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get small Christmas bags of jelly sweets? Like the 10p haribo ones but Christmas themed? :)
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    alja wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get small Christmas bags of jelly sweets? Like the 10p haribo ones but Christmas themed? :)

they usually do haribo xmas mix bags 10/11 mini bags in a pack. haven't seen any yet this year but they usually appear once the main xmas stock goes out most places had them last year I got mine in poundland

re the wrapping parties I'm pretty flexible time wise in the evening so whatever suits

thanks for the suggestions re the calendar dd still says she's like it and even suggested having it as her main present without any prompting so I'll have to think about it a bit more.

very happy today as aquired a new to me electric fireplace very mse too as it was free :D. My sil has just brought a new very expensive one and was simply going throw the old one out :eek: so I volunteered to take it away.

The works have some good offers on
    ds wants some speed stacking cups they had a version for £2
    rubix style cube & various other similar toys again £2
    Decorate your own mug £2- taz can decorate for nanny
    for the amount of time they will actually get played with I'm happy with those prices and it bulks out the presents with minimal costs.

Sainsburys have some huge reductions on stationary stuff including some nice desk top weekly planners down to £1
    picked up a few bits for stockings and a couple of peppa pig colour wonder sets reduced to £1.80 for the xmas donations box.

Ocado sent me some money off vouchers so will do a few orders and put the savings towards xmas bits which will get my stash off to a good start. They had gingerbread hot chocolate so have that coming in today's order will let you know if its any good.

Tc all
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you 0462 for the dates. Sounds good. I hVe screen shot the dates, so will try my best to join in.

I had my first ever pumpkin spiced latte today, God it was so good. Can't believe ive been missing out. I usually go to Costa for a coffee as not many Starbucks near me. Needless to say I'm hooked. I felt very autumnal/xmassy drinking it.

I'm a bit behind with my Christmas presents. Thought I had plenty time until I realised I only have 3 more pay days!
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mandco wrote: »
    they usually do haribo xmas mix bags 10/11 mini bags in a pack. haven't seen any yet this year but they usually appear once the main xmas stock goes out most places had them last year I got mine in poundland

That would be perfect! Thank you, I'll keep an eye out for those
  • mandco
    Options
    well on first impressions I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the gingerbread hot chocolate though obviously I'll need to try it a few more times to decide fully ;) . It has a quite subtle gingerbread taste its fairly chocolately but its definitely there minus the after heat you sometimes get with gingerbread.
    Oh also comes with a scoop in the tub too.
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • creative_gal
    Options
    I have been lurking on this thread for quite a long time, but have finally decided to contribute now we're getting closer to Christmas. Work has been manic this week, but on Thursday, all the stress of work melted away once I finished and popped into John Lewis on the way back to find most of their Christmas stock on the shelves. I was delighted.

I've not managed to buy any presents yet, but I will probably budget for presents using some of our savings.

I've got a Christmas pudding for this year in the cupboard from a reduced Debenhams hamper that I got at the beginning of the year (£30 down from £100). I almost gave myself a hernia lugging it back, but it was worth it!

The wrapping party sounds good, I shall try to participate.
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    MANDCO what brand is the Gingerbread hot choc? I'd like to give it a go. Is it a make with milk or a make with water?

CREATIVEGAL welcome back, glad you've delurked. Apologies if my memory is tricking me and its your first post here in which case just welcome :D

MURIE you exhibitionist :rotfl:

Three for two on Pandora charms until 1st October if anyone is planning on buying any. I've had a look but my Christmas pandora bracelet is already full and I tend not to wear the every day one so at the moment I've resisted.

Well despite selling off my big Georgian style dolls house and 'downsizing' I appear to have bought two 12th scale market stalls :o I'm going to do them as German Christmas market stalls so really they'll be Christmas decorations not dolls houses so that's ok ;) Can't wait to get started but I'm in the middle of painting a full size Sweetie cart that DD1 wants to use for a PTA event in a couple of weeks so have to get on with that first.

Babysitting the GDSs from lunchtime today and staying overnight as DD1 and DSIL are going to see Micky Flanagan in London tonight and staying in a hotel. I'm exhausted just thinking about it :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • mandco
    edited 23 September 2017 at 10:04AM
    Options
    Peppa the gingerbread hot chocolate is this one https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Mokate-Gingerbread-Hot-Chocolate/364686011?from=search&tags=%7C20000&param=gingerbread+hot+chocolate&parentContainer=SEARCHgingerbread+hot
    it says you can make it with water but I used milk

enjoy the babysitting I have dgd tomorrow she's amazing but you forget just how much work they are when they are so little
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Evening everyone, just popped on to say QVC has got its Christmas day on Monday (don't know how good it will be but the last one wasn't too bad they had some different stuff than the same old thing). I got my Buy 1 Get 2 free chocolate oranges for stockings and the chocolate stash, also got mint matchmakers for after dinner mints they were only £1 and have started buying the Pringles, I end up with loads as the kids love them. Hope everyone is having a great weekend x
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Flowfy
    Flowfy Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2017 at 9:21PM
    Options
    For those who are interested Lush and paperchase have their range out for Christmas.

https://uk.lush.com/products/christmas

https://www.paperchase.co.uk/christmas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family