* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My Mum taught DD1 who is left handed to knit right handed.She does ok with it.

The kitchen sounds like it's coming on Peppa:D

I was born and bred here and so were generations of my family.We do have some quite extreme weather because we are so high above sea level.There are plusses and minusses of living here.It is expensive not just to buy property but also needing a car and having to drive to do anything.Visitors also have plusses and minusses.Don't even get me going about cyclists.Bradley Wiggins has a lot to answer for:rotfl:

We have decided to try to buy the bungalow.It will take much wrangling and we may not be able to pull it off.Bungalows are not common here and are snapped up very quickly.

Today I will be mostly...painting.Our bedside drawers and wardrobe doors.Oh I painted those little garden crates from the pound shop.They look well.The varnish they had was a bit orange.

Better stop talking about it then and do it.

Vx
     :
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,670 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    vulpix wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Chester zoo is a nice place to visit,I have been many times on school trips with the school I used to work at.Your Husband will get some great photo opportunities there.I have never been to Hereford,just been through on the way to South Wales.Is it a good place to shop then?Sleep paralysis sounds terrifying:eek:

Fingers crossed your daughters phone works Vulpix. We have been to Chester Zoo twice and loved it both times. Both times we have been though we have had children with us and so haven't had time to stand and take a perfect shot but the animals there are all beautiful and will make some good pictures :-)
    Hereford is lovely too. Its an old little town but has some of the modern shops as well. We usually travel up there in the morning, go for a wander round the town and check out the old shops and the second hand camera store, then go and see the Cathedral that's there (neither of us are particularly religious but it is beautiful inside) and then then check into the hotel before heading out to have food, then walk round looking at the lights and then the next day we get all the shopping done.
    I'm hoping we go there this year but I did mention going to Bristol as well because they have a nice Xmas market there too but hubby seems set on Hereford. Although I may be heading over to Bristol with friends this year but Id love to go to one of the markets abroad if I can convince hubby.
    Living in the National Park sounds amazing though. I bet it is beautiful.
    I looked at the crates yesterday and was thinking about decorating them ready to put Xmas gifts in. Great minds think alike and good luck with the bungalow!

Peppa - well done on the worktops! Sounds like things are coming along well. I was only young when I lived in Gutersloh - I moved there when I was 3 and left when I was about 7.

MrsI - glad your knitting has been rectified.
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    Hi all, just thought I’d check in whilst Wiggle is occupied and the baby is asleep. Thank you for your well wishes after I posted my baby news, unfortunately I haven’t been able to read past that and I don’t have the time to catch up at all! I hope you are all ok, I’m sorry if I’ve missed any big news. We are just finding our feet having two little ones here but boy it’s tough! Unfortunately the new addition, who I’ll call Squeak as his cry is so squeaky (we thought he’d swallowed helium in hospital!) is a bit of a grumpy baby! Lots of crying and not much sleeping! We ended up at hospital with him last week for various reasons and they think he may have a cows milk protein allergy so I am now on a strict dairy free diet. I feel a bit guilty though as they gave us special formula which we could use straight away but I don’t really want to stop breastfeeding. DH has been giving him one bottle of formula a night. I’m hoping this is the problem so that he gets better soon! But with him being so high maintenance and also having Wiggle to look after I really don’t have time for much at all at the moment!

Anyway enough of that, you’ll be pleased to hear I’ve still managed to get some Christmas presents despite all of this! Hopefully I’ll be able to keep this up and be prepared early, we shall see. I’ve been seeing lots of people moaning on Instagram and Facebook about people talking about Christmas and a photo of some Christmas stock in M&S. I also saw the Christmas tubs of chocolate in Tesco the other day – I’m sure you’ve got that all covered on here! With the dreary weather I’ve been getting quite excited about Christmas!

I hope you’re all well and I really hope to be able to get on here a bit more as things settle down. xx
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Princesskitty sorry to hear squeak is having a rough time Taz is dairy free too and its a real learning curve to start with though the difference shows quite quickly so fingers crossed things improve soon

peppa wow blue hair go you
    I've always wanted to but never had the nerve

time seems to be getting away from me at the moment esp with the kids being home.
    DD gets her exam results this week :eek: she is stressing about it so grumpier then usual though she has already been offered a college place regardless which is great but which course shes on depends on the results
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Princesskitty - Good to see you back. Sorry the little one hasn't been well. My niece was eventually diagnosed with that allergy. She was so ill all the time bless her. But she's 3 now and has been off dairy for a couple of years I think - and she's fine. Glad they diagnosed Squeak so quickly! :T

I've seen the tubs in Tesco this week too. £5 though so not the best price. I imagine people would be better off waiting until the offers start.
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, grrrr I just lost a long post as I pressed submit the internet went down :mad: So just a quick summary as I cba to write it all again

MURIE Brussels Christmas market is good, Bruges is nice but small, Bath is good might be going there again this year, Winchester is good but small, I loved Birmingham. I have always wanted to go to Lincoln Christmas market that is supposed to be big

PEPPAPIG I love the sound of navy blue hair, I had blue hair once and pillarbox red when I was younger and loved it and I don't like standing out either :rotfl:

VULPIX is DD2s phone ok? Good luck with the bungalow

MANDCO my niece was fretting at the weekend too over her exam results this week

PRINCESSKITTY sorry you have been having a hard time, I hope Squeak is much better on dairy free, lovely seeing you on here

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good evening ,
    Finally got my cancer genetics results and they are negative :T both my sister and i do not carry the gene , such a massive relief .

Christmas wise ive wrapped most of what we have bought and dont really have much left to get other than the items i want to get nearer the time.
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    CHRISSY that's fabulous news, I'm so pleased for you. :j

Hi PRINCESSKITTY, lovely to see you back. Hope the no dairy diet does the trick.

FREE I guess we're both just a bundle of contradictions lol, do you think that makes us interesting?

Fingers crossed for the bungalow VULPIX, I can definitely recommend them :D

Another kitchen day here, splashback all cut now to accommodate the plug sockets so painting them and fixing in place tomorrow, painting one of the walls and fitting the plate racks. Getting exciting now.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, had a lovely time in wales on our break but it was cold!!
    Have had a busy few days. Had an appt with my new physio today. She has diagnosed me with hypermobility too so as two professionals have diagnosed me I now have to go to my GP and get a definite diagnosis. They think it could be Ehlers Danos Syndrome. Seeing my practice nurse on friday so will see what she says.

Anyway on the Christmas front I picked up 2 more gifts today. I am happy to see so many people are up for gift wrapping together.
    So weekends or evening during week?
    Shall we just pick one date in september, one/two date in november and 2 in december?
    What does everybody think?
    We could agree to get be either watching a Christmas film/ listening to music and we could chat on here too. Sammykaye- we will do it on a different evening to the other one so you can join us too xx
    Chrissy- wonderful news so pleased for you and your sister
    peppa- exciting times, sounds like full steam ahead for operatio kitchen x
    Free- I would love to do Chester Christmas market I think. Manchester is absolutely hammered every year and it just stresses me out rather than making me feel festive
    Clumsy42- yes £5 is alot to pay. Morrisons usually do a 2 tubs for £? i want to say £7 but dont quote me. I usually get them then.
    mandco-good luck for DD results x
    PK29- Lovely to see you back on. Glad to hear you are still managing to get some Christmas bits done. Hope the dairy free diet helps to make squeak feel better.
    vulpix- good luck with the bungalow x
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,670 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    046 - thats fab I will just make sure not to wrap it all at the same time.
    Chrissy - thats fab news about your results. Must be such a relief for you both.
    Clumsy - Im sure it wont be long before the deals start as well so I will wait until then but nice to know they are about and starting.
    MandCo - Good luck to your DD for her results.
    PrincessKitty - hope Squeak is happier soon. Is there much age difference between him and Wiggle?

Well today will mostly involve Uniform shopping so my son will be most unceremoniously removed from his pit in about half an hour so we can get out and done asap. Although my SIL has already been on the phone at 6am asking if Ill babysit my nephew - she knows Ive had plans for today all week yet still tried. I love my nephew but by god hes hard work.

Also on a mission to find some knitted ballet type slipper boots for my mother in law. I was gifted some last year that I never wore so gave to her, and she loves them because they have no seam that rubs on her feet. Think I can find them now - can I heck so might need to discreetly look at the name/make on the bottom of them if she ever takes them off!

Right off to feed me and the minx and then I'll make a move........I can feel my purse hurting already
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family