We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,207 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    I saw that. Just pointing out that Storck keeps posting as though he/she has insider knowledge but the HUKD thread suggests otherwise!

Storck isn't the only person on HUKD who has done this, though.
    I personally never believed anyone who said it would be the 11th. That would have made it earlier than it ever had been before and the last time the calendar fell the same way, it had been on the 18th. Same way I don't believe anyone who says 'there won't be any 70% off sales this year' and I've had it said to me in RL as well as it being mentioned on here.

Not being on a Wednesday has thrown me though. :D

• Desperado99
    Desperado99 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I saw that. Just pointing out that Storck keeps posting as though he/she has insider knowledge but the HUKD thread suggests otherwise!

This year was always going to be a difficult one to judge. This thread always contains a lot of conjecture and guess work and in the past it's often not been certain until the website goes down the night before.

Storck has a pretty long reputation for being accurate, and also posts details of the star gifts in the run up to xmas for us. Information on here should always be taken with a pinch of salt but I always pay heed to what Storck has to say.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I posted the 18th one last week to show how pointless it was claiming to know until 48hrs before which is what I've posted consistently on here.

Stores were informed this morning that it is on Friday, plus that it is instore only, except mini club which is online. Since then stores have been told the No7 star gift isn't included as they are looking at using them at Valentine's Day.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Storck
    Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walgreens_Boots_Alliance

The company was formed on December 31, 2014 after Walgreens purchased the 55% stake in Switzerland-based Alliance Boots that it did not already own. Walgreens had previously purchased 45% of the company in 2012 with an option to purchase the remaining shares within three years.

Under the terms of the merger, the new company was organized into three divisions: Retail Pharmacy USA (Walgreens), Retail Pharmacy International (Boots), and Pharmaceutical Wholesale, incorporating Alliance Healthcare.[2] The new holding company began trading on the NASDAQ on December 31, 2014.[3]

Boots forms the main part of the Retail Pharmacy International division of the company.

And who used to own a very large stake in Boots and now is the biggest shareholder in WBA? The method used was a take over by walgreen of Boots but the owners of Boots ended up the other shareholders of the combined company. The reason being tax reasons and where they wanted the new company to be listed.
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    Friday it is then and if not then I give up :)
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    I spoke to a customer in Boots this morning who told me she was speaking to a gentleman on the bus yesterday. He told her he had received a phone call from his great aunt in Sydney who had been speaking to his cousin in Leicester. Apparently the cousin knew one of the sales assistants who worked in a shop next to Boots and that shop assistant was casually speaking to a Boots shop assistant in the loading bays at the back during a crafty cigarette break. The conversation got around to when the 70% sale might start and apparently was told that Liz at head office had spoken to stephenliverpool1 and given him the date. So we just need stephenliverpool1 to update us.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Brilliant :rotfl:
  • rebeccalb
    rebeccalb Posts: 796 Forumite
    Options
    Why do we think it won't be online?
  • Storck
    Options
    rebeccalb wrote: »
    Why do we think it won't be online?

Because that is what the managers at stores have been told.
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    I'm having trouble accessing the App to see what advantage card offers are on there. I tried on my laptop but the system is saying it is unavailable. Anyone else managing? Or could it be that Boots have taken the system down so they can adjust the offers so we cannot use them on the sale on Friday?

Conspiracy theory........
  • Desperado99
    Desperado99 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm having trouble accessing the App to see what advantage card offers are on there. I tried on my laptop but the system is saying it is unavailable. Anyone else managing? Or could it be that Boots have taken the system down so they can adjust the offers so we cannot use them on the sale on Friday?

Conspiracy theory........

I've tried a couple of times to access 'My Offers' today and haven't been able to, I know there is a 100 points with any spend offer that begins today (3rd of 3 weeks running) which I need to load to my card before Friday. I don't use the app though (rubbish Windows phone) so this is through my laptop.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure