We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was doing it in store because I'd seen your post about getting the events points instore and qualifying for points for an online order too. Didn't work though as I only got the instore points. Plus a load of aggro and made to feel like a criminal in front of other customers.

Yep, it only worked first event, second time round they have realised that it was giving the stuff away letting both points events work together. Think I said at the time there was no guarantee it would work second time round.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Giggle wrote: »
    Friday it is then and if not then I give up :)

Feel like that too, third time lucky eh, lol....
  • Africat
    Options
    I fear Friday will be absolute manic, a lot worse than normal as there's been all the additional wait this year compared to when most people thought it would go 70%. Plus people are more likely to take a day off on a Friday. Oh dear...
  • Africat
    Options
    I'll be surprised if they manage to clear the No7 City Lights collection for Valentines Day at half price.
    Do people really want to give the Christmas leftovers for Valentines Day?
    Anyone that really wanted that set would usually have got it as the offer of the week in the run up to Christmas.

Still massively over priced in my opinion as No7 tends to be 3for2 most of the year anyway and there's normally one or two items in these sets that don't get used, cosmetics colours not to everyone's liking for example.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Africat wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if they manage to clear the No7 City Lights collection for Valentines Day at half price.
    Do people really want to give the Christmas leftovers for Valentines Day?
    Anyone that really wanted that set would usually have got it as the offer of the week in the run up to Christmas.

Still massively over priced in my opinion as No7 tends to be 3for2 most of the year anyway and there's normally one or two items in these sets that don't get used, cosmetics colours not to everyone's liking for example.

hmm but the City Lights is all sparkly and its all individually packaged inside the big box, and its got bodycare, facecare and make-up in, so I can actually see that set selling well for Valentines.

I agree with you about the value of it though, I wouldn't pay £40 for it.

And strangely - lots of people still shop in Boots without being aware that a set which is on sale now, may have already been on sale on another significant day in the calendar :).
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They might just unpack them all and put them back into the normal stock and sell them. They would generate more money that way, just depends on cost of unpacking and repackaging them.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • BuyDesign
    BuyDesign Posts: 78 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 January 2017 at 12:25AM
    Options
    Hiya, Storck, You are so sensible that Boots should take notice and reward you for your ideas.

I will miss the sale this year. I have bought elsewhere at cheaper prices but similar quality. Shame. Love Boots, but as a Company, they need to stay on the money and be focussed. I hope everyone who ventures out when the 70% starts gets what they want.

Maybe Boots should give their loyal customers first entrance online and instore to the sales to ensure they feel valued? That way regular customers would feel appreciated.
  • Africat
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    I've just popped into my nearest Boots and there's not much left compared to other years. Certainly more variety, but in terms of volume, there's a full (2 sided) gondola and a 3rd of the next one sided. Plus an end bay of a Sanctuary star gift. Mens stuff takes up about 7 small shelves in all this.

I went to 'case the joint' (as you do;)) and there's probably a total of 5 things I'd want and some I'm not sure about. If I didn't have a teenage daughter, not sure I'd even bother. This small store had more stock than my larger town centre Boots on Monday afternoon, when I last visited. Fortunately I'm now off work so can check the town centre store out tomorrow afternoon and decide if it's worth bothering.

Similar story here really, there's still plenty of stock on the shelves as a whole but not what appears to be masses of any one item so chances are you may not get what you want, obviously with it being that bit later this year they seem to have cleared more stock.

My local is a medium/large store and the sale stock doesn't seem to be taking as much space up as it normally does in years gone by.
    One item that does seem to be left in good quantity was the No7 set which we already know now is a no go and I wouldn't have gone for anyway!
    It does make me wonder whether It's gonna be worth it this year...
  • Baskcm
    Baskcm Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Right just a heads up from what we have been told

1 . The no7 gift set isn't included
    2. There isn't going to be a 70 percent online instore only
    3. Frangrance gift sets wont be going down in price anymore than they are
  • Northern_Mum
    Options
    I was in my town Boots this morning. I said to the assistant behind the counter "I bet you'll be busy tomorrow". She had no idea what I meant, and when I mentioned the 70% sale supposedly confirmed for tomorrow she was genuinely shocked and surprised.

She said they had not been informed and were supposed to be given 48 hours notice to make arrangements for extra staffing, which hadn't happened.

I said if it ISN'T on they would have a lot of irate customers, and she said they had to put a sign up in the window on Wednesday to make it clear it was still 50% off. After I left she immediately went off to find out what was happening!

If the 70% sale IS on tomorrow I think it is unfair that stores haven't been given the 48 hours notice to plan for staffing.

I myself am not going to the 70% sale as there is nothing in my local store that I want, and I can't do with the crowds :eek:. I have picked up a few bits and pieces in the 50% sale though :).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure