Options

Comments

• Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Baskcm wrote: »
    they didnt become full owners till long after that trust me

Plus they are not American. It is just listed on America. Stefano is Italian
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just popped into my nearest Boots and there's not much left compared to other years. Certainly more variety, but in terms of volume, there's a full (2 sided) gondola and a 3rd of the next one sided. Plus an end bay of a Sanctuary star gift. Mens stuff takes up about 7 small shelves in all this.

I went to 'case the joint' (as you do;)) and there's probably a total of 5 things I'd want and some I'm not sure about. If I didn't have a teenage daughter, not sure I'd even bother. This small store had more stock than my larger town centre Boots on Monday afternoon, when I last visited. Fortunately I'm now off work so can check the town centre store out tomorrow afternoon and decide if it's worth bothering.
  • Baskcm
    Baskcm Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2017 at 3:28PM
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    Plus they are not American. It is just listed on America. Stefano is Italian

he remained as ceo but I think it was 2015 Walgreen bought the remainder out hence boots then became a full American company
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 January 2017 at 3:32PM
    Options
    Baskcm wrote: »
    he reamined as ceo but i think it wass 2015 walgreen bought the remainder out hence boots then became a full american company

Except he is now one of the main share holder in Walgreen. Thus the ownership didn't really change. He owns about 15% of the company.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2017 at 4:45PM
    Options
    With respect, Storck, you have already posted on Hotukdeals stating the 70% off sale should start on the 18th, about a week ago.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/70-sale-boots-starts-18-01-2017-2597157

Previous to this, another HUKD member said they "saw it on a staff noticeboard" that it was in fact the 11th and started a thread stating this (and then kept trying to change the thread title to the 18th until a mod intervened!).

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/boots-70-sale-starts-11th-january-2595327

So, I'm finding it very hard to believe what is really happening. I suspect staff members don't get told till that very morning.
  • Herrerarera
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    I suspect staff members don't get told till that very morning.

In my local Boots two years ago the management and staff hadn't even been notified on the morning. They just had normal staff levels ie one staff member stocking shelves whilst keeping an eye on the tills should anyone need serving at 8.30 :rotfl:
    To say that the manager was panicking was an understatement. She wasn't very happy about the lack of notification either, especially as customers were aware but she wasn't.
  • alembicbassman
    Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walgreens_Boots_Alliance

The company was formed on December 31, 2014 after Walgreens purchased the 55% stake in Switzerland-based Alliance Boots that it did not already own. Walgreens had previously purchased 45% of the company in 2012 with an option to purchase the remaining shares within three years.

Under the terms of the merger, the new company was organized into three divisions: Retail Pharmacy USA (Walgreens), Retail Pharmacy International (Boots), and Pharmaceutical Wholesale, incorporating Alliance Healthcare.[2] The new holding company began trading on the NASDAQ on December 31, 2014.[3]

Boots forms the main part of the Retail Pharmacy International division of the company.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,174 Forumite
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    With respect, Storck, you have already posted on Hotukdeals stating the 70% off sale should start on the 18th, about a week ago.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/70-sale-boots-starts-18-01-2017-2597157

Previous to this, another HUKD member said they "saw it on a staff noticeboard" that it was in fact the 11th and started a thread stating this (and then kept trying to change the thread title to the 18th until a mod intervened!).

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/boots-70-sale-starts-11th-january-2595327
    So, I'm finding it very hard to believe what is really happening. I suspect staff members don't get told till that very morning.
    The 70% sale starting on Friday 20th has been posted by MSE
    Hi Guys, we've just had confirmation from Boots that the sale will boost in stores this Friday (Fri 20 Jan). Good luck bagging bargains :)
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    The 70% sale starting on Friday 20th has been posted by MSE
    I saw that. Just pointing out that Storck keeps posting as though he/she has insider knowledge but the HUKD thread suggests otherwise!

Storck isn't the only person on HUKD who has done this, though.
  • FairyShazza
    FairyShazza Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    Options
    I will pop in to my local store on Friday after I've taken the kids to school to see whats there. I'm not that bothered. I've found myself buying less and less in the sale each year as I went off S & G products when I was pregnant with our daughter and ever since I've not been able to stomach the smell of them :(

I managed to get the Sanctuary stuff I wanted in the online sale over Christmas so if I don't get anything else I won't cry over it. There were a few pieces of jewellery I quite liked instore so will be mostly going for those if there are any left when I get there.

I'm sure the staff will be glad when it's all over - and tbh so will I :o
    One day Rodney we'll be millionaires
    £2020 in 2020 - Running Total £17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills