Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    . I would almost think that's Boots plan to reduce the scrummage but being a business they just want the stock shifted. .

I would think that Boots believe they are currently shifting enough stock at 50% off to make it worth their while to hold off reducing prices further. Once sales start drying up they will reduce more
  • TJ421
    TJ421 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, what a palaver this year is. I agree with others that I have lost interest.

I scouted out my local on Tuesday evening, the sales assistant told me:

1. That the sale was either Weds or Fri - so maybe it will be on, on Friday

2. That the No 7 City Lights big star gift set, will not be reduced to 70% (which was the only thing I was interested in). It was not stacked in the sale area but in the "Gifts" area so that does sound plausible

Just more speculation really but heigh ho thought I would share in case it helps anyone
  • Baskcm
    Baskcm Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    yeah the no7 city lights gift set isnt going to be part of the 70 percent off taken them off in our store
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    Baskcm wrote: »
    yeah the no7 city lights gift set isnt going to be part of the 70 percent off taken them off in our store

Interesting. Last year my stores were piled high with the Soap & Glory star gift. A lot didn't sell as midway through the year it became available online again at the 50% off price and not the 70% off price it had been - there was a post on here about it as I recall.

Maybe (here comes speculation) the No7 star gift will be kept back and be available later in the year again. Same price as it is now.

Boots are probably sick of not shifting much at 50% because everyone waits for 70% off. This year perhaps they are trying to make us think 70% won't happen therefore if you want something buy it now at 50% before everything is removed from the shelves. Possibly to be wheeled out for Valentine's Day, Mothers' Day etc etc.
  • TJ421
    TJ421 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    MSE seem to be saying on their home page it is confirmed for Friday....
  • Baskcm
    Baskcm Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    new owners being american don't like waste plus they can easily sell it later on in the year
  • faytal_2
    Options
    Hi Just to let everyone know that my local big Boots store in Trowbridge has taken all the sale signs down including the ones that had 70% behind the half price signs. I don't think Boots will be doing the 70% sale this year, its a huge disappointment plus there is hardly any stock left even in the city stores
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    On the Boots Facebook page lots of people was asking when the sale would be. All posts have now been deleted
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    faytal wrote: »
    Hi Just to let everyone know that my local big Boots store in Trowbridge has taken all the sale signs down including the ones that had 70% behind the half price signs. I don't think Boots will be doing the 70% sale this year, its a huge disappointment plus there is hardly any stock left even in the city stores

Good Lord - no 70% off sale? I really need a lie down if that's the case. Bloomin' heck - what are Boots up to?
  • hiccup123
    hiccup123 Posts: 386 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2017 at 3:15PM
    Options
    popped into Ilford branch yesterday. Not much worth getting at the Ilford branch. NO No7 stuff or sanctuary except the large star shaped box set, no champneys or ted baker stuff. Just a couple of joules gifts and loads of the smaller girls gift sets. both Romford branches had more gifts, lots of sanctuary at both and more shelves full. My friend popped into blue water and lakeside to see what they had and said both have aisles full of most items.

edit....at Ilford more than half the shelves have been stocked with all new full price items. sale signs are still up over one shelving unit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure