Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I took hubby work, did a drive past at 7 only 1/2 price banners still hanging up , I'm just going teach and another one near there so will look there too
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    I shall be more than annoyed if it's Friday. It's the only day DD is working this week and guess who has the 3 DGDs to sleep the night before and then all get to school! The shelves would be bare by the time I got there!

I don't know what their game is this year. I am fast losing interest this time.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Bessdog
    Bessdog Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    some one has confirmed on facebook that they have been instore and sale still at 50% - she went in at 8 and got assistance to check for her :(
  • Desperado99
    Desperado99 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 January 2017 at 9:44AM
    Options
    Assuming they've done it to send people off the scent, I do wonder how many people have still turned up at the big stores (where all the bad behaviour tends to be) this morning.

Staff will probably not have a good time turning the hordes away. It might have been better for them if they'd brought it forward a day or two instead.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Assuming they've done it to send people off the scent, I do wonder how many people have still turned up at the big stores (where all the bad behaviour tends to be) this morning.

Staff will probably not have a good time turning the hordes away. It might have been better for them if they'd brought it forward a day or two instead.

I agree, the store staff must be completely fed up by now, and like us, can't wait to get it over with!
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    There was so many people in my local (Dewsbury) store this morning! all picking things up, then being told it was still 50%, and huffing and putting things back.

I've been quite happy with the 50%, so I only really want the large sets, if the sale happens, for birthdays. But if not, I wouldn't be too gutted.
    In previous years me& Mum have bought lots, but Boots have really gone down in the quality. The No7 skincare change was the biggest loss for me, as the smell isn't the same any more. also I am a bit worried people will be fed up of gifts from Boots. Luckily the S&G, and Jack Wills sets are different this year ,so hoping for those!
    I'll still head to the store if the 70% happens, but if not, hey ho, roll on the next exciting sale event!

Thanks Stork for all the info, and everyone else being helpful, as always! really appreciate it :)
  • Cassw
    Options
    How sure is it that it will happen on Friday?
    Will need to try and negotiate coming in bit later to work in the morning which won't be easy
    I currently have about 35 mins which won't be enough, the queue could take that long alone
    Can't believe it wasn't today, had plenty of time this morning ��
  • arsenalboy
    Options
    Cassw wrote: »
    How sure is it that it will happen on Friday?
    ��

Not sure that anybody has said it will be Friday, only speculating that it might be Friday.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Tbh I'm past caring if it does / doesn't happen. I would almost think that's Boots plan to reduce the scrummage but being a business they just want the stock shifted. I can't help but wonder whether the sale was planned for today as 'usual' but actually has been delayed due to stock movement / logistics for some reason.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• princesse_sarah_x
    Options
    Are we sure there definitely will be a 70% off sale this year :o hardly anything left online. Perhaps they're trying to sell everything off so only the wrapping paper, cheap tat is left. It seems very strange that they're trying to throw people off the scent of the date it will happen!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure