Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Baskcm wrote: »
    new owners being american don't like waste plus they can easily sell it later on in the year

Boots was sold to the current American owners in 2014.

Not sure that counts as new.
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If it true about the no7 star gift not being in the offer than the Stratford Upon Avon Maybird store is really going to struggle with room as they had easily 50 left when I was in there Monday. If I get chance I'll take a look again tonight.

It's a shame if it's not on the 70% sale. At half price for me I still think it's too expensive. I remember that last time I bought it it was £32 and that was justifiable for me as I only really use the day and night creams. I decided last year I probably wouldn't end up getting it again, having not got it the previous year for the same reason, the cost of it. I ended up buying one of their standard SPF15 day creams for I think £6 after getting a £5 voucher to use. Although it's not "anti aging" I'm happy with it for now I am only 30!

They really have soaked up the hype and become an victim of their own success. It's a shame as there was a point going back 10 years ago when their gifts were very good, range was good and price was good that I did used to buy a huge chunk of my xmas gifts from their range. Then the three or four christmases I found myself buying less and less so much so this year I can see myself not buying anything from them at all.
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Loz01
    Loz01 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The sales assistant in Pboro did say they aren't doing the 70% off sale this year but I didn't actually believe her!! I just smiled and went "oh ok... thanks" but maybe its the truth?

Guess we'll have to see what happens Fri!
  • Baskcm
    Baskcm Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    Boots was sold to the current American owners in 2014.

Not sure that counts as new.

they didnt become full owners till long after that trust me
  • arsenalboy
    Options
    I spoke to a customer in Boots this morning who told me she was speaking to a gentleman on the bus yesterday. He told her he had received a phone call from his great aunt in Sydney who had been speaking to his cousin in Leicester. Apparently the cousin knew one of the sales assistants who worked in a shop next to Boots and that shop assistant was casually speaking to a Boots shop assistant in the loading bays at the back during a crafty cigarette break. The conversation got around to when the 70% sale might start and apparently was told that Liz at head office had spoken to stephenliverpool1 and given him the date. So we just need stephenliverpool1 to update us.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • clairegwen
    Options
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    I spoke to a customer in Boots this morning who told me she was speaking to a gentleman on the bus yesterday. He told her he had received a phone call from his great aunt in Sydney who had been speaking to his cousin in Leicester. Apparently the cousin knew one of the sales assistants who worked in a shop next to Boots and that shop assistant was casually speaking to a Boots shop assistant in the loading bays at the back during a crafty cigarette break. The conversation got around to when the 70% sale might start and apparently was told that Liz at head office had spoken to stephenliverpool1 and given him the date. So we just need stephenliverpool1 to update us.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Absolutely brilliant, thank you for the laugh
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    Options
    Hi Guys, we've just had confirmation from Boots that the sale will boost in stores this Friday (Fri 20 Jan). Good luck bagging bargains :)
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • Loz01
    Loz01 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I'll trot on down Friday and see whats left.... thanks for the info MSE guys.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2017 at 4:34PM
    Options
    There's more and more varied stock in all my usual boots sale haunts than I,ve seen in a good few years this year.
    Interesting about the no7 big set and I do think there may be something in that as they are nowhere to be seen today but there were plenty of them at the weekend.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Guys, we've just had confirmation from Boots that the sale will boost in stores this Friday (Fri 20 Jan). Good luck bagging bargains :)

It is instore only, no online except some mini club.

Online stats at 50%
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure