Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Options

Comments

• SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    44.1 miles this week. Did aim for my target of 45 but tonight's rain put a damper on things.... I would have been dryer if I had taken a shower!!

2nd week of my new walking pattern and so far it working. Not drastic enough to kill me off, but high enough to start rebuilding my lead on the weekly average

1287.13 (+94.82)

This is starting to look finishable!!
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Not far behind you all at 1206 - finally I have a buffer, albeit a very small one!
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    As predicted a really big week for me after doing 15 miles on Sunday alone, 73.5 miles for the week meaning that I will probably reach my target by Thursday of this week coming if I keep to my usual pace :T

I can't see me slowing down much for the rest of the year so 3000 miles is within my reach :o
  • SplanK
    First Anniversary
    Options
    42.9 miles to add this week, taking my total to 1330.03. Currently on a long weekend hol in Cleethorpes

Some nice short walks on the coast, but had to cut short this morning's walk when I got flagged down by a runner to call the coast guard! Some idiot got themselves stuck on a sand bar as the tide came in quicker than they expected! Missed my weekly goal but given the circumstances I think I can let that slide
  • SplanK
    First Anniversary
    Options

I can't see me slowing down much for the rest of the year so 3000 miles is within my reach :o

:O

Saying that, 3000 would probably be doable for me if I could find the time! Weekly average would be 57.something is quite a demand though!
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    44.7 miles for me this week bringing me to 1,319.4 miles for the year to date.
    Winding down for the next couple of weeks for a race though.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »
    :O

Saying that, 3000 would probably be doable for me if I could find the time! Weekly average would be 57.something is quite a demand though!

My weekly average before and after getting my dog shows just how much he has helped me to these dizzy heights, it went from under 48/week in January to over 70/week in April which was the first full month after we had settled into a walking routine.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm now up to 1305 miles, 2,990,785 steps and 10,312 floors. I'm hoping to get to 10 miles a day for all five of my working days this week, just shy so far for today but only by 0.2 of a mile and still have to take the dog out for her night time quick walk if the rain eases off. If not I'll be doing some stair runs before bed.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    I literally do not have the time for 3000 miles - I'm in work or commuting from 06.45 to 18.00 and I go to bed at 21.00 - rock n roll, eh?

Normally I can get out for a couple of ten minute strolls, but this week my colleague is off so as there is only me and him in the office it's hard to get out and this morning I needed to be in for 7.

There are days I do look forward to retirement!
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    I literally do not have the time for 3000 miles

I'm with you there bugs, I have no idea how I could fit in the time to do that many miles!
    I am running all of mine and I am only just ticking over at around 40-50 miles a week in the free time that I have.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport