Options
    Totals
    2,686,928 steps 18773 floors 2,149.56 km 770,952 calories

1,335 miles so far
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry not been up to date with my walking, just been reminded on another thread, so my signature is now to date, only another 277 miles to go and I will have done it.
  • singhini
    Options
    OMG I don't know how you people manage to do so many miles each month.

I've managed 1,039 KM since 1st Jan to today (that's KM not MILES)

having read this thread I'm going to try to do 2017 km this year which I would consider a massive achievement

So I have to average 8.3km EVERYDAY until 31st Dec

Good luck to everyone
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Singhini

I think any target that pushes you a bit is good.

We all have different levels of fitness and different lifestyles, some are retired and some of us ( that's me;)) deduct 70 hours for work and commuting a week. Ihave dogs, so I have to walk,e ven on the days where I don't feel like it!

8.3 km is not far off my daily target of 5.5 miles.:j
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Singhini, as bugs says, you can't judge yourself against others.
    I don't know how some people fit in walking that far to be honest.

I probably walk a max of 1 mile a day (on a good day) to the extent that I turned off my step counter on my watch as it was just pointless.
    I do however run as a hobby, so track my mileage through that, which means that mileage adds up quick over a short timescale. My shortest run is around 5k, which at a really gentle pace is still less than 30 mins.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    Hi Singhini

I walk at an average of about 2.8 miles/hour when walking with my dog, as fast as 3.6 mph without so I can soon rack up the miles and when it is the choice between sitting or walking you can guess which one I do. Yes I have high totals but it's what I do these days.
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I have up and down weeks... last week was a down week where I only managed ~15 miles.... essentially walking took a lower priority over everything else in life! Having a weekly plan helps with things... that and doing some very long hill walks! I'm considering Snowdon next Friday, or maybe 2 of the Yorkshire peaks again, but with the weather as it is, chances are I will bumble along Rivington so I can plough forward with decorating the hallway!

Either way, its a BIG time investment to do it regardless how fast you walk... for me on average around 4 miles an hour pavement pounding (slower if I'm walking off tarmac).... at best that a minimum of 500 hours for 2000 miles!
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    A quick update from me for the past couple of weeks fitbit reports.

38.46 miles and 40.04 miles.

Have set myself a personal challenge of 70,000 steps for the workweek challenge this coming week so added to whatever I manage at the weekend.....I am hoping for a good couple of weeks for my next updates.

Keep going everyone. :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So last week (WC 28th Aug) was poor, only doing 16.3 miles.... this week is only just scraping by with 32.7 miles. Total now 1463.63

Work and personal life have got very busy and I simply didn't have the time or energy to do much walking (going to bed at 8 most nights!!). Only managed to double by mileage by doing 2x 7.5 mile walks over the last couple of days!

Lets see what happens next week..

In other news.... I went for a walk in the rain today... my new waterproof trousers are good and kept me mostly dry... however my waterproof coat is as waterproof as a tea bag.... so that's next item to purchase (although decorating the hallway and landing is costing a small fortune at the moment!)

Boots seem to be holding out. Currently on 320 miles and no concerns with the tread yet!
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    49.9 miles done this week.
    Bringing me up to 1,493.1 miles in total so far.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport