Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• secretmachines
    Options
    MyVegas rewards seem to be pretty stale these days? very few decent higher end rewards?

on the plus side, I logged in for the first time in ages and have randomly got 760k LPs and 2.6m chips :eek:
  • gamboller
    gamboller Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    regarding slots credit rewards on myVegas:

DO they have to be played through? ie get 50 free credit and only withdraw if spin 50dollars worth?
  • bones85
    bones85 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I will be going to vegas next year as part of a 11 day america trip!

I've never been before, although i'll be saving a bit of cash to go, i'd still like to try save as much money as i can

I want to do the attractions at the top of the tower and also a zip line, What are the best sites to get deals on them?
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gamboller wrote: »

DO they have to be played through? ie get 50 free credit and only withdraw if spin 50dollars worth?
    Yes. You have to play them through. Whatever you win is yours to cash out.
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 October 2017 at 3:03PM
    Options
    gamboller wrote: »

hi
    we did this at the mgm when we last went to vegas.If i recall you had to put some money in ( we put in 3 x $1) and well i think we played something like $2.50 a go. i think we had a few go's and went down to 40 and we won something ( think it was like $120) and we quickly took it out and cashed in our
    *free*money!
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone still use social rewards?
    I got kicked off and lost best part of $200 some time ago
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Does anyone still use social rewards?
    I got kicked off and lost best part of $200 some time ago

Social Rewards closed down at the beginning of March. We got a few hundred $ out of it over the years. Sad to see it go.
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Sooooo.....going to LV tomorrow for a week....a week later than we normally go but we have been a couple of times in November before.Checking the temperatures for next week 21-24 so warmer than here. Got my 4 myvegas rewards 2x breakfast/ brunch 2 X dinner, a couple of groupons( we decided to go for the Bacchnal Buffet) and a Travelzoo dinner.I love it when I am on the plane but I hate the pre travel day....my anxiety levels are thro the roof this time.Paid extra for 2 seats together going and coming back and an extra case coming back..so Thomas Cook have had their fair share of extra money off us even before we get on the plane to pay for films,drinks etc.Think my anxiety is the fact I have a suitcase within my suitcase and I am convinced I am over the limit before we even go....not even going to weight it before hand...just going to face it when I am there������.
  • Jon1970
    Jon1970 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Flew Thomas Cook at the end of May from Manchester and all the movies were free there and back in economy so before you pay for them check out the screens before hand as if might save you a couple of quid!
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    We fly all the time with Thomas Cook now....no more stop overs for me after nearly getting stranded in snowy Chicago...so I really don't mind paying the few pound for the extra movies because I do watch them ..OH on the other hand isn't bothered at all.I have downloaded some movies on my iPad from Netflix which apparently you can watch offline but have never done it before so if that works got some good ones on there he can watch!!! It's the drinks that the rip off...and I don't drink any alcohol on the plane at all...��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure