We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• lous_2
    lous_2 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    What slots are you guys playing to accumulate coins on my vegas? I'm in the mobile app with 10k coins and 300k chips. They just don't seem to be increasing!
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can accumulate better on the Facebook game. I don't play any games on mobile now. It takes far too long to get anything. I log in and get the daily bonuses and that's about it.
  • zsazsa11
    Options
    Going back to Vegas and the end of this September, Alamo quite expensive, used them last year and like the idea of skipping the counter. Due to their prices being high is there any other car rental that also do 'skipping the counter'?

Thank you
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options
    zsazsa11 wrote: »
    Going back to Vegas and the end of this September, Alamo quite expensive, used them last year and like the idea of skipping the counter. Due to their prices being high is there any other car rental that also do 'skipping the counter'?

Thank you

Avis Preferred , Dollar Express, Hertz Gold.
    They have all gone up due to the £ crashing against the $ .
  • Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I leave in three days so excited!

I was wondering if anyone has done an escape room in Vegas?
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yeah, car hire price sucks at the mo!
    Am dredding to think how much its gonna cost in fuel next month...
    Estimated total miles = 1000 - 1200 miles
    Rental: Full Size SUV (so Explorer or Tahoe, or Expedition/Yukon/Surburban if my $20 backhander works!)

in June, it cost $56 in fuel from full to refill when we went Vegas to LAX in a Chevy Suburban , and that's like 280 miles at constant motorway speeds.....

I booked the MGM grand, so fingers crossed, its super sunny on the 1st October for 3 days so I chill by the pool all day ! :D:D
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,522 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are resort fees now but they are fairly low and you get a wine hour in Stir.
    Never had any problems in our stays at the Platinum
    If you book by using my name the resort fees are waved :D
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • zsazsa11
    Options
    iltisman wrote: »
    Avis Preferred , Dollar Express, Hertz Gold.
    They have all gone up due to the £ crashing against the $ .

Thanks for that, I joined Avis Preferred Club and got a Ford Escape for £183 for the week. A lot cheaper than Alamo for an equivalent car. I was determined to get a bargain,
  • zsazsa11
    Options
    With regards to The Cosmo, I've stayed there 3 times. The last time was 2 years ago . We were fortunate to get an comp upgrade from their basic room to a fountain balcony room. I did enjoy it, but we were woke up with folk arguing outside our room around 3am it went on and on, we had a look and a drunk hotle guest was about to be robbed by 2 females, we had to phone security, who initially didnt understand us, but sent up one security guy but when he put the guest back into the room , he called extra security, another 6 turned up quickly and they started emptying the room, there was some well dodgy folk coming out of it, The actual guests refused to vacate the room, we could hear this while trying to get back to sleep. The talking went on till 5am when they did leave the room. I do like the Cosmo, and it is probable a once off, but much prefer Aria's security where there is a person at the lifts checking your room, keys. Thoses dodgy folk would not have got passed Aria security.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    zsazsa11 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I joined Avis Preferred Club and got a Ford Escape for £183 for the week. A lot cheaper than Alamo for an equivalent car. I was determined to get a bargain,

Was that like for like regarding all insurances , fuel etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family