What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 05/12

Options

Comments

• MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 December 2016 at 2:06PM
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I have awoken to sunshine.

My list for today:
    Feed the animals and check for eggsDONE
    Check banking and pay billsDONE
    Spend 3 hours on uni work1 hour done
    Check uni experiment and record dataDONE
    Do weekly online shopDONE
    Do 1 load of laundryDONE
    Do 3 surveys1 survey done
    Check fpl/luckphone/numberplate/JPJDONE
    Check TCBDONE
    Spend an hour decluttering the bedroom
    All meals from storesDONE
    Panto Time Tonight
    Delete 50 emails
    Finish writing xmas cards

Wednesday
    Look into and apply for marriage allowance
    Make a start on UCAS form, hoping to change uni for the rest of my course
    Put loose change into the jar
    Dust around the sitting room
    Sort out pile of paperwork and shred or file
    Check emails and get rid of 50 (almost 2000 in inbox at moment)
    Pair up the massive pile of socks and put away

I think that is enough to be working on today, hope everyone has a Saturday/weekend
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning guys. Not much going on for us today as madam woke up last night about 10 being sick. She seems well enough now but she has had a little bit of an upset stomach so a day at home I think. Will mean a nsd :)

Lots of crafts, jigsaw puzzles, books and a film later on.

Make jam tarts (jam needs using up!) and apple & ginger muffins

Dinner is going to be hm nachos

Check meal plan for tomorrow and get something out of freezer.

Made a list of Xmas activites for 12 days of Xmas (we do a different xmas activity each day) Will be minimal spends :)

Replied to ds who has invited with to his gf's birthday meal to say if it's a meal at someone's house we'd love to come but if it's a meal put we will need to pass...

That's all. Have a lovely days guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That a whole lot of 'done' there, Baileys Babe, well done!

Bobarella, they do the final reductions bang on 7.30pm most days and if they haven't they will reduce it at the till as long as you didn't have it in your basket before 7.30 pm. Alas the grabber gets there just before my train gets in and by the time he's done there are just bags of salad left :mad: I must check final reduction times for weekends as he's always in a big van and may only stop if he's on his way home from work.

The chest of drawers has been collected safely, I need to print postage and wrap the item sold yesterday ready for dropping at the shop. I can do this on the way to the supermarket later to do the weekly shop.

I'm still in bed at the moment with a cup of tea brought up by DH :A but working up to getting up for the deep clean of the sitting room. My mum relined her under sink cupboard the other day and gave me all her surplus cleaning products so that won't cost me anything.

As I clear out the stuff mountain in the corner (to the space vacated by the now departed chest of drawers) I will photograph anything that can go on eBay. My life seems to always be like one of those puzzles where you have one missing square and you have to move other squares out of the way first to get everything where you want it. :rotfl:

Have a good day everyone!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning guys. Not much going on for us today as madam woke up last night about 10 being sick. She seems well enough now but she has had a little bit of an upset stomach so a day at home I think. Will mean a nsdx

Sorry to hear she is poorly, there must be a bug going around as a workmate's daughter has this too at the moment.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Finally going to be able to catch up with things today after being a busy bee the past few days.

Money-wise has been a nightmare over the past couple of weeks. No one to blame but myself because I knew all expenses were coming - just never had enough to put away for it over the past few months but then I had to pay it when the time came anyway IYSWIM... :( Oh well, onwards and upwards!

I need to sort remaining Christmas pressies and get on with some fly lady action. :)

I got a cashmere jumper from the charity shop a while ago.It's a bit too short for me so I'm going to frog it and make myself a hat today hopefully. :)

Just watching some stuff on Netflix just now and more of the same tonight. :)

Take care everyone :wave:
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 December 2016 at 2:08PM
    Options

Ally hope work is being kind

Nope, it's absolute bl**dy murder....but the money is good. :p
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    I am so happy I have finally workout out my accounts :j took several pen drives to the library, searched through them and found the ss from 07/09. As I have been keeping a spending diary since then I was able to work out what is in each account.

Feels so good to have it straight! Think I'm going to invest in a little A5 notebook and do it old school going forward. Cannot bear to pay for ynab. Maybe I'll investigate the free trial....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 December 2016 at 4:20PM
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Cold, wet and miserable here, and we have already lit the wood stove, to avoid having to put the heating on. Kettle is on for 'free' drinks or washing up water later :D

Today:
    Out early for the post office and to get some cash to pay for meat box being delivered today by local farmer's wife.
    Posted the Christmas cards bound for France
    Posted 1 ebay item, took another to the local shop drop off point as it is a heavier item that needs to go via the courier service (Post Office is far too expensive for parcels over 2kg :eek:)
    Load of paperwork / accounts stuff for business :(
    Sold 2 things so far today :)
    Listed 2 more, would have done more, but it is so dark today it is hard to take decent photos :(
    Meat delivered and paid for (includes Christmas meat), managed to get it all in the freezer after only a short game of tetris :rotfl:
    I have another box arriving on Wednesday (special offer from internet supplier), and will have more trouble getting that in :eek: Won't need to buy any more for ages though :D

Still to do:
    Dog walk if it ever stops raining :(
    Dinner to cook, braised steak tonight, with use up veg :)
    Locate and wrap up the ebay items sold.
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 10 December 2016 at 7:59PM
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Dnms, Hope your dgd is feeling better.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
    Today's small things
    * As we took my niece home we popped into b& m on route and bought enough hot choc powder to see us through the festive period :) Also got a tube of tomato puree from there to try as its 5p cheaper then Mr T's
    * My dad rang to say he'd picked up some books from the library for us, so we called in on our way back from ^^ and had a cuppa, some toast & a nice catch up with them
    * Called into c00p on way back and picked up some carrots ys'd to 29p, great as I was going to order some for tomorrows Mr T delivery for Sunday lunch.
    * DH's mum had sent a parcel through for us with some colouring books for the kids, some socks for dh and a compact mirror for me (quite random but it was nice to be thought of!)
    * Watched Ghostbusters with the kids
    * Tea is going to be continuing on the useup - kids having other nights concoction with pasta, I'm having hm leek & potato soup with some bread and dh said he'll have jacket spud.
    * We haven't put heating on, everyone has jumpers on and blankets are available
    * Nearly ordered something from the rainforest people as I though it was a bargain but changed my mind at the checkout as its not a "need" :)

I think that's about it! Not a very "small things" kind of day but not an expensive one either :)
    Right better go and edit tomorrows mr T delivery whilst I remember!

Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I did a Foxglove today. Went to the cheap kids cinema and went shopping afterwards.
    Managed to get free candy canes from Whsmith using a voucher from the Express and free popcorn from Bargain Booze. You just download their app and its under offers.
    I did a market research, £6 for about 10 mins work.
    Got 4 packets of pringles for £1 each in Morrybogs - DD likes the crisps but you can get 2 cinema tickets using 2 codes, so that's 4 cinema tickets for £4.
    Bought some fancy dress outfits from Disney with 75% off. Might sell them to earn me a little bit of profit.
    Fab shopping day.
    LP x
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills