What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 05/12

Options

Comments

• MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have to chip in with my Ebay story - sold a running machine collection only. Buyer turned up in a very small car, said he had driven overnight all the way from London (we live in darkest depths of Cornwall). Of course, running machine wouldn't fit. Luckily DH has plenty of spanners and the buyer dismantled it and squeezed it in the car. Me "Are you stopping somewhere overnight?" Him "no, driving straight back" !!!!!!!!!! Seriously, it would have been cheaper to buy one from new.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning! Day off :) thought I'd share a little tea I russled up last night. Toasted chicken and cheese sandwiches (lo chicken from roast) with a satay sauce (made with a couple of spoons of peanut butter, coconut milk, sweet chilli sauce and curry powder. Was relish and just about the effort level I was up for after a full on day :D

Today:

Possibly taking madam swimming. Although yesterday she was asking to have a games session so may get a reprieve :D

Hang up load of washing

Vacuum and polish upstair. Clean bathroom

Lo pork out of freezer for dinner to have in a apple and pork casserole

More sorting out of finances

Make some banana bread while the oven is on for dinner

Apply for energy deal in martins email.

That'll do! I still have 4 gifts left that I know what to get, one for my bffs DD who I haven't a clue, and one gift to make. Might do that today but just as likely might wait.

wanted tonask peeps opinions on panto. Seems so expensive! Looking around the lowest cost one within travel distance is 10pp. Seems like such a big out lay, and to be honest I don't particularly like it but then on the other hand I don't want to deprive madam just cos we're poor. Opinions please :)

Hope everyone has a good day!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    OK just decided I will take madam to see Hansel and Gretel. Play for her age range Rather than a panto. Also either oh or I will take her. Reducing cost to £17. Still a lot!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Managed to get through my list for yesterday and with this evening being a much quieter one I aim to do the same today too.

- Check banks and YNAB
    - NSD
    - Bring lunch to work
    - Exercise
    - Shower at gym
    - Charge phone at work
    - Download upgrade for phone
    - Finish wrapping presents
    - Contact Vodafone to change DD date

I think that's all for now.

DNM - your meal sounds lovely actually. Right up my street!
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 December 2016 at 9:42PM
    Options
    Good morning everyone, It a very grey start to the day here, but at least it is still dry at the moment.

My list for today:
    Feed the animals and check for eggsDONE
    Take kids to school & nurseryDONE
    Spend 2 hours on uni work this morningDONE
    Check bankingDONE
    Get a quick shower rather than a bathDONE
    Get fuel and check over car ready for this afternoonDONE
    Remind dh that he is on the end of day school runDONE
    Empty all bins in the houseDONE
    Put the bin out for emptyingDONE
    Take dm to hospitalDONE
    Check uni experiment and record dataDONE
    Do 1 load of laundryDONE
    Do 3 surveysDONE
    Check fpl/luckphone/numberplate/JPJDONE
    Check TCBDONE
    All meals from storesDONE
    Minimal heating until tonightDONE
    Spend 2 hours on uni work tonightDONE
    Delete 50 emailsDONE
    Chill for an hour with YT
    Write Christmas cards
    Get an early night

Wednesday
    Look into and apply for marriage allowance
    Make a start on UCAS form, hoping to change uni for the rest of my course
    Put loose change into the jar
    Access ebay account and decide whether to use it for selling (I’m needing to majorly declutter)DONE
    List 2 items on EbayDONE
    Dust around the sitting room
    Sort out pile of paperwork and shred or file
    Check emails and get rid of 50 (almost 2000 in inbox at moment)
    Pair up the massive pile of socks and put away
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 8 December 2016 at 2:09PM
    Options
    Morning all, its a strange morning here though as dh is working from home. I never feel like I get on properly when he's home.

So far
    * Kids to breakfast club for free breakfast :)
    * Been to sorting office to pick up a last minute gift that dh decided to order for a colleague :)
    * Popped to Mr T's as will need bread for tomorrows lunches, also picked up food to kids tea tomorrow as they have friends coming over who I know are picky eaters. :)

Still to do
    * Monthly bank account shuffle
    * Check banking/spreadsheets :)
    * Check luckyphone :) /numberplate :) /fpl
    * Delete junk emails
    * Clean kitchen using stardrops :)
    * Iron only what needs it, hang the rest straight away:)

Be back with more later :)

** Added a few more xmas bits into the charity bag, must take it today or tomorrow so they have a chance of selling it in the right season!
    ** Used the last of the peanut butter cookie dough to make 2 biscuits, this batch hasn't worked very well but still edible says dh!
    ** So with dh working from home we are saving on petrol but he's had the heating on most of the day so far :eek:
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 December 2016 at 12:17PM
    Options
    Wow have finally sorted out the joint account as much as I can without the ss. Took ages! Had to go through accounts since beginning of september, cross referencing with spending diary and other account. Very laborious, but now have a good enough idea of what is in los savings, my savings and in joint/house account. Still don't know exactly in my savings is in each pot but once oh extracts the info from the HD. I will be able to figure it out with my spending diary. Must make a written copy as well as saving it in a cloud once I finally work it all out. What a head ache!

Good news though we are definitely on track to pay ohs ma £500 next month :money:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 December 2016 at 9:42PM
    Options
    Morning all (just about :))
    Loving the ebay stories, you do wonder about some people, don't you :rotfl: My transactions are largely quite boring, as I only sell things that can be posted, or occasionally couriered. Speaking of which, no sales yesterday and none yet today. Guess people are spending their money on Xmas stuff, fair enough, we will see what January brings!

Today I have / will:
    Cleared up debris from looking after little GD yesterday
    Put washing from airer into airing cupboard to finish off
    No heating on as it is still mild, horrible and wet though :( OH said he felt cold so the wood stove is alight now. It is pretty warm in here though! Have opened the door to allow the heat upstairs, added bonus being it will raisethe temp in the hall, where the heating thermostat is, above the setting for it to come on in the bathroom and airing cupboard which are the only radiators in use!
    Made leek and potato soup with leeks from the garden and the last lurking potato, glammed up with the scrapings from the creme fraiche pot. Very cheap lunch coming up shortly :DVery nice too :)
    Relist unsold items on ebay Still to do, as some still have half an hour to run.
    Check fridge for anything that needs using up or freezing, no waste! All ok atm :)
    Need to do a small shop, salad bits etc, thinking Lidls Done
    Need to buy some Christmas cards, as I discovered I only have a few left in my stash. I will buy these from one of the local charity shops, as they have nice ones and the sale will benefit the local hospice :)One for tomorrow I think!
    Might look for a few more Christmas decorations-not looking very moneysaving so far is it? :rotfl: Bought some cheap vintage ones from another dealer friend. Not as cheap as the pound shop perhaps (not that I would have bought those anyway), but much nicer, pretty unlikely anyone else will have the same ones, they will be used again for subsequent Christmases, and I would rather buy from my friend than some corporation :D
    Cheap dinner though, will make curry from some YS chicken breasts from the freezer, and veg and other ingredients that I already have :)Hairy Bikers low cal chicken bhuna, served with rice and some courgette curry a la Foxgloves on the side. Who needs takeaway :D Managed to use chicken, courgette curry and chopped tomatoes from the freezer, freeing up some much needed space, as I have a meat delivery arriving on Saturday from a local farmer friend.
    Popped into sales unit this afternoon, and was pleased to see 3 large items had sold. Not expensive items, but big and bulky, so I am pleased they won't be coming home again. This made my little unit look very sparse and unexciting, so I have sorted out some more items to take along tomorrow :)
    And something just sold on ebay :D
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 December 2016 at 7:50PM
    Options
    Yesterday I completed my list.

Foxgloves I also received my voucher for a slice of cake and a hot drink at John Lewis from our home insurers, as their is no JL close to us I gave it to my Dad when he was visiting at the weekend as their is one near them. I gave my Mum the free diary from RMS which I won't use and is the style she prefers. This pleased me as freebies I won't make use of are going to be used by people who will appreciate them and both parents received something so no favouritism.

1LuckyLady thank you for reminding me of how you worded it, I hope you don't mind me copying. (nearly messed up and used you previous name :o)

I am also having sleep problems at the moment, I get to sleep okay but I wake up after a couple of hours and it takes a while to drop off again, rinse and repeat.

Yesterday we didn't light the stove as it was milder as overs have said. Hoping not to light it today.

This afternoon we are going to visit our friends who also HE. I'll be able to have a much needed catch up with my friends whilst the children enjoy being with theirs, win win and free.

Today's list is quiet similar to yesterday's

Plans for today:
    Post on this thread for support and inspiration Done
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use Done
    Open curtains fully to make the most of the natural light, so wonderful after a couple of days fog Done
    Close curtains before it gets darkDone
    Wholesale delivery today, send invoices to those that ordered Done
    Update wholesale purse
    Done
    Pay wholesaler using cash back credit card, paid in full each month
    Done
    FPL Done
    Ashleigh Done
    RMsurvey Done
    PAD £3.66-1p Done
    Minimal heating on, we have blankets & jumpers Done
    Possible light the stove later if it gets colder We didn't bother as it was mild and we were out visiting this afternoon, not long until the children's bedtime and they can snuggle under a blanket if hey are feeling the need
    Put kettle on top of stove if lighting, for free hot water See above
    Hang washing on airer to dry Done
    Set DW to run overnight Done
    Set WM to run overnight Done
    B/L/D from stores Done
    Stick to meal plan Done
    Keep up with this thread Done
    NSD Done
    Educate children for free Done
    Entertain children and us for free Done
    HWB for children's beds to do at bedtime

Tidy house = tidy mind:
    Do some tidying in the hall Done
    Keep up to date with destroying confidential waste Done
    Continue making scrap/notepad with used envelopes Done
    Use scrap pad for making lists Done
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Baileysbabe, I was glad you mentioned it on your post yesterday as since changing my name I'd kind of forgotten it :( It was only after you mentioned it that I remembered I had a word doc that I copied and pasted on every day that reminded me!
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure