What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 05/12

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    I can't believe it's a Tuesday evening already. December is most definitely hurtling along (and somewhat passing me by)

I'm struggling to contribute to be honest but I am reading when I can and trying to be good at all times and hanging on until payday on Friday.

Hope work improves CLF glad they are at least trying to help
    Would be great to be paid off in March determined
    Boo to the other person not listening bob
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

I know the feeling PF - I've hardly been around either. :)

Been keeping up with the small things mainly using MOC and having cheapo B/L/D from stores.
    Gosh our cupboards are bare!! I'm actually quite embarrassed as my pal is staying over on Thursday and we have no drinks or anything in. I'll need to go shopping tomorrow to stave off embarrassment... :o

Right...I'm off to crochet myself a wee hat... :cool:
    x
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    I am sorry, have just read through but not really absorbed much into my brain. So tired. When I go to my second job everyone stops for a tea break at 3pm but I just dont have time and I sometimes wonder if everyone thinks I am miserable or standoffish! Today I did stop and was glad for the 10 minute break.

Both paid stuff done, awful drive home in the fog but I went back out again to gym class, Christmas tree is up, casserole done in slow cooker for tea (lots of veg and potato and as little meat as I could get away with).

Need a bit of fruit and veg tomorrow. Must make a list.
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 December 2016 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Morning all, Hope everyone's doing ok.

Need to get organised today as hubby working from home tomorrow which is great but he works on the kitchen table so I don't feel like I can be in there rattling around as I normally would so want to get as much prepped as I can.

Today's list
    * Kids getting a free breakfast at school :)
    * Check banking/update spreadsheets :)
    * Minimal heating - definitely off until the kids come home :)
    * Check & tidy fridge, make sure nothing goes to waste
    * Shower continuing use various lotions and potions up, will also leave my hair to dry naturally
    * Write the last Christmas card (was waiting for the one from them as I couldn't for the life of me remember the wives name :eek:)
    * Hoover round only the area's that need it.
    * Get the xmas dec packaging all away in the garage
    * Check lukcyphone/numberplate/fpl :)
    * Check tcb & £co for monies available :):(

That's enough of a start, be back and will update as I go along as I find I get more done that way!
    Got a bit side tracked, sorting out kids playroom, getting rid of junk, adding things to the cs pile and re-purposing various storage boxes etc, not finished yet but needed a cuppa and some food :) Jacket potato and cheese for lunch from stores.

Bye for now!

Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I was invited to my friends last night for the football so my evening plans changed. Todays shouldn't though;

- Check banks and YNAB
    - Bring lunch to work
    - Healthy dinner
    - Charge phone at work
    - Shower at gym
    - Another early night

Short but sweet.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 December 2016 at 2:44PM
    Options
    Morning all

Massive hugs to everyone who needs them. Anyone who is struggling - don't feel bad for not posting - just know we are thinking of you :)

Yesterday's state of play
    • B/L/D from stores - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Minimise heating but very cold here - OH accidentally left it on all day and he went out. Grrr (still house was lovely and warm when I got home)
    • Dye hair tonight. I look like a meff - nope. Tonight I hope.
    • Crochet - done
    • No drinkies - done
    • Resist going to cafe - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Look for particular cupcake cases in B&M on the way home - got a lift. Will look tonight.

Today's mission
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Gym at lunchtime with lovely friend - done
    • Try to remain calm (not going well so far but only need to survive today)
    • Go buy cupcake ingredients after work
    • Finish project and try not to go beserk in work
    • Crochet
    • No drinkies
    • Free stretching videos on YouTube - lovely and relaxing
    • Charge phone in work - done
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Wednesday Money-Wranglers,
    Still finding I need to keep really busy. Rubbish night's sleep but will make sure I have an early night later & that I don't drink any caffiene this afternoon. I had a coffee late yesterday afternoon that was so strong I could have soled my boots with it. Am sure that was part of the problem, that & not being able to switch my head off.
    Anyway, a few small MS bits for today:
    *Last of Sunday's rubber pork will be turned into spicy pork rice, topped with a portion of the curry sauce I batch-cooked & froze a while back.
    *BM churning with a loaf....partly for eating now, the other half for crumbing up ready for making Christmas stuffings.
    *Re-arranged everything on heated airer to make sure the bigger things are dry by hopefully lunchtime & I can then switch it off. Then ironing.....my worst job. Will only do those items which really need it, & there are not too many of those this time.
    *Make a birthday card for mr f.
    *Continue working on Boxing Day Quiz. It's getting that mix of questions/activities that an 8 year-old can take part in, but also an 85 year old. I think I've found a good format, & a funny round to finish it off, where teams have to construct something specific using festive foods. I think they will enjoy that. All low-cost entertainment, anyway.
    *Synchronised diaries with mr f over breakfast as we are now planning specific dates for grocery shopping so that we are not popping out for top-ups of festive stuff we've forgotten. This mostly relates to stuff I need for making the final few gifts, such as fudge, also some family birthday baking, etc. Planning always saves us money.
    *No downstairs heating on until much later.....why heat rooms I'm not sitting in?
    *Maybe a bit of knitting later if I fancy it.
    *Put 'Compliments' vouchers in bag ready for city centre trip tomorrow. Am planning to buy last 3 gifts with them, so it will be infuriating if I get to John Lewis & realise the vouchers are sitting on the kitchen dresser 17 miles away.
    That will do, as getting the birthday card made & sorting out the quiz in good time are today's priorities.
    Have a good day all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 December 2016 at 10:31PM
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I never got around to making my post yesterday, as the day was spent mainly on uni work.

My list for today:
    Take dd to schoolDONE
    Let the chickens out, feed animals and check for eggsDONE
    Do 1 load of laundryDONE
    Do 3 surveysDONE
    Check through Christmas planning list to check progressDONE
    Look into and apply for marriage allowance
    Make a start on UCAS form, hoping to change uni for the rest of my course
    Put loose change into the jar
    Put repeat prescription in for dd & ds2DONE
    Access ebay account and decide whether to use it for selling (I’m needing to majorly declutter)
    List 2 items on Ebay
    Dust around the sitting room
    Sort out pile of paperwork and shred or file
    Check emails and get rid of 50 (almost 2000 in inbox at moment)
    Spend 5 hours on uni work (this month has a heavy workload)
    Check uni experiment and fill in paperworkDONE
    Check fpl/luckphone/numberplate/JPJ
    Check TCB
    Collect dd from schoolDONE
    Pair up the massive pile of socks and put away
    Go into town to return the wrongly sent productsDONE
    Get bedding for guinea pigs and chickens whilst in townDONE
    All meals from storesB,L from stores, I gave into the temptation whislt in town and get a MD, as the kids were with me
    Minimal heating until tonightDONE
    Close the chickens awayDONE
    Get an early night

I think that is enough to be working on today. Hope everyone has a good Wednesday x
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Still finding I need to keep really busy. Rubbish night's sleep but will make sure I have an early night later & that I don't drink any caffiene this afternoon. I had a coffee late yesterday afternoon that was so strong I could have soled my boots with it. Am sure that was part of the problem, that & not being able to switch my head off.

I also find that doing stretching videos helps me to relax as long as I really focus on what my body is doing as opposed to thinking. HTH

Big hugs x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Somehow I have failed to post on this week's thread so far, I wrote a long post on Monday and forgot to press send, doh C3vV972cPcEY2WQtrA8_QgbiS9LvVTSlzmA8Y5OILGZ9hufKvyvJGoGNM6huPxLqpnEFCuFv5nZJW4uiXdi-xh9zE9EGGXP4jBDs6Y76nidD3jG8hPtZCAvRMrpC775mXI_X52eC

1Luckylady Thank you for starting this week's thread, helping to keep us all on the straight and narrow.

Following an idea that used to be posted I have decided to adopt the principle of tidy house tidy mind, this will take a while to fully achieve but I started today by sorting dd's chest of drawers. 24 items she has grown out of bagged up and ready to pass on to the next family in our chain of families who we share children's clothes with, 7 families, 19 children all benefiting.
    Our weekend guests left yesterday and our Christmas guests arrive in 15 days nG7VsVESdGnexNtO-0LLIz9eOIb3MfwMV-nMdPhUWUE9RKXUpZ-sQzDEUPqdtzWLzLSun0l_UHFIDks2E6QibCk2qvz0Vigvnaufs9oQp-Mu9qjDPbQkVVZKRMEL37ek8CFs0b4uOjUK69m_nZ4ZHFp2eXvWj4AIrXwe1QW4ZlLtLzQiptQsGWYHu1tVhbAFp5NMKrESfRjXNh6CuSqkhNHGfxqk2qBhFnPc5CwaFX-Mpddh_3wrAfZLTrlovPgd1MXvxfGuw5azbxPh I have so much to do, meal plan for the festive period, decide on presents, get most of the presents (we are so far behind with this this year, mainly do to with the fact we can not decide what we are giving to people) thoroughly clean the house, put up the decorations, as well as all the regular stuff.

Plans for today:

Post on this thread for support and inspiration
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use
    Open curtains fully to make the most of the natural light, so wonderful after a couple of days fog
    Close curtains before it gets dark
    FPL
    Ashleigh
    RMsurvey
    PAD £3.66-1p
    Minimal heating on, we have blankets & jumpers
    Possible light the stove later if it gets colder
    Put kettle on top of stove if lighting, for free hot water
    Make a batch of porridge
    Hang washing on airer to dry
    Set DW to run overnight
    Set WM to run overnight
    B/L/D from stores
    Stick to meal plan
    Freeze HM stock, smells delicious
    Read this week’s MSE email
    Catch up on this thread
    Slice & freeze HM bread (for once there is room)
    NSD
    Reserve library book, now free FS4hCYJ42hpPsEppsIjQB6Dev_JvnF-tMWpZ9S0QYunGvRHlq54NOc8xg5n3jC0lQrJi85yT5qkxTxQ4QTUddwlMwDyKHV6Z-6lyVUvbyqIl_bKoBLV6ycmaM_lPCmR4L1AxOTVz
    Educate children for free
    Entertain children and us for free
    HWB for children's beds

Tidy house tidy mind:
    Do some tidying in the kitchen (no idea what, but something)
    Keep up to date with destroying confidential waste
    Continue making scrap/notepad with used envelopes
    Use scrap pad for making lists
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing