We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread!

1…1617192122…111

Comments

  • Hi, not sure how this works but put me down for £5,000
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    1393jason wrote: »
    Hi, not sure how this works but put me down for £5,000

    The challenge is run by slowlyfading, who puts a lot of time and energy into it. I suggest you read the first post again. Good luck with the challenge!
  • Dird wrote: »
    A yankadoodle who cares about saving? :-o

    Haha but no... A Brit living down under! :beer:
  • Good morning,
    a saving of £25 from
    #130 thank you :-)
  • Good morning,
    a saving of £25 from
    #130 thank you :-)


    Hiya Fire (I'm a poet and I don't know it!). Welcome to the group - it's a very friendly one. It's nice to see new faces joining us.

    What we generally do is declare the whole month's savings once we know the total for that month, rather than in dribs and drabs. It may be that you won't be putting anymore in for January, but if you think you might save more it's best just to submit a single total.

    Slowlyfading has to update it all for all of us (and has a baby) so it helps her manage the thread, for which we are all very grateful. :beer:

    Good luck saving in 2017, and welcome again to you and all the new people here. :)
    Save £12k in 2022 thread #7:

    Save £10,000 Jan-May 2022 THEN RETIRE!!
    Final total for (half) year: -£4,000
  • Carrie85
    Carrie85 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Can I join please. £10,000 target.

    Thankyou
    Save £12K in 2019 #: £0.00 / £10,000 (0%)
    :www: Saving For A House Deposit: [STRIKE]2015: £2,501.90 / £25,000 (10%)[/STRIKE] 2016: £5,435.06 / £25,000 (21.7%) :www:
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,545
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Please can I join in. I've did a spread sheet before Christmas where I can track everything - all monies coming in and all monies going out.

    My DH and I each have a monthly budget and know what we are responsible for - it will be hard for him as he usually leaves finances to me but I'm fed up with him with what I consider to be his overspending so this year instead of nagging I've given him a budget.

    Hopefully by the end of the year I may have saved £2500 out of my budget - I have everything to do with 'the house' and one car, but not maintenance. I'll try to 'hide' any savings my DH has, I know it's sneaky but it can act as a reservoir when he overspends.

    I'm going to keep it very simple - money in V money out, Interest on investments etc are not counted.
  • jackie_w
    jackie_w Posts: 1,077
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can I join in this challenge please? I came onto this thread to get some tips on saving and noticed this. I won't be able to save much, so if I could be put down for £2017 I would be very grateful.
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,944
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I would like to join please - put me down for £12k.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • Mogley
    Mogley Posts: 250 Forumite
    What a shocking start to 2017. As the OH starts on SMP the clutch goes on the car . I can see me posting negative for my first month on the board. But that's what emergency savings are there for I suppose.
    You should pay attention to the needs of the moment - otherwise there is no future. But to ignore the future is foolish - living solely for the moment leaves nothing for when the next moment arrives.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.