The Illuminative Project.

Options

Comments

• Chandelier.
    Options
    It is pretty interesting Bob and something I've always wondered. I wish I was taught "No" more as a child and everything in moderation. My childhood was different through due to nature of parents work.

Currently the boy watches tipping point, the chase, countdown, tenable.. we've watched deal or no deal but I don't think he fully understood the idea of it haha. Will try again at another time. Last night we ended up playing a game of scrabble- another game he likes. I feel like he's old for his age haha! But he loves it.

Last night we had the boys parents evening, his dad and girlfriend came along. All went well, couple of areas that we could do with working on (handwriting, division, fractions) but aside from that everything else is spot on and he's achieving above his age for alot- not bad for an August child. I mentioned to his teacher about us going away in May. Apparently her face was a picture.. not much I can do now. I've stated I don't expect work from the school and that I'll set some up for the boy to do with me. We also spoke about her sending some paper homework home- all the boys maths homework is online and it's a right farce. It transpires sometimes the boy rushes his work because he wants to get so much down - I need to reiterate that it's quality over quantity. Also he's a fidget bum and sits on his feet alot so she's been trying to get him to sit on his bum. I'll try practice at home. I look at him and see so much of me, it does worry me in some ways but if anything starts to happen I'll seek further help and exhaust resources available. The boy is very well abled- just a fidgeter and distracted easily and makes silly mistakes. He's also been picked to learn French once a week.

I think I'm going to make a separate appointment to see teacher and explain a couple of things to her I could not last night. Overall I was really impressed with it. The boys dad had some negative comments and says I should do more... what on top of everything else? Let me just wave me magic wand. He can go swivel.

Today I shall go visit my grandad this morning and after go visit a friend/maybe walk her dog. Then I'll come back and do some more sorting and then I'll be going to the gym tonight with my mum.

I also want to throw some hula hooping into the mix at some point. I've tried it over past few days and really enjoyed it but want to build it up slowly. It's suppose to be good for you. It's a weighted one and does hurt my hips slightly if I've done too much.

Boy is staying with his nanny tonight as he has show practice. His first show is tomorrow night which we'll be going to watch.

Fun times.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I'm glad you didn't take the father's comments to heart, other people often think they know best! It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job and your boy is lucky to have you in his life.

I think my upbringing has similarities to yours with food. My mother did her best to give us balanced healthy meals, it was the extra that caused the problems. The biscuit jar was always full and we were allowed to eat as much as we wanted whenever, Christmas sweets were usually gone by Christmas night, if we were ever sad my dad would buy us a chocolate bar to cheer us up so there is a lot of emotional stuff associated with food. I've done better with my children and while they will eat junk if they can get away with it, none of them are particularly bothered if they don't have it and none of them have any kind of weight problem.
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Misty.. I used to take every comment to heart and it affected me so much and I doubted every thing I did. Now I realise he's just a negative person whom can never be happy. I wouldn't mind if he had a lot of input or was such a brainbox himself.

I do still doubt myself sometimes but that is less often now. When I had my breakdown I'd look at him and think he deserved much more than myself. When really he had all he needed and the important thing was for me to get back to myself. His dad's family no nothing of my issues I've faced. I may open up to his nanny as we have a good relationship and I think she'd understand.

Yesterday ended up quite busy.. I had a phone call to say someone had been round to see my grandad but couldn't get in and no answer. He rarely goes out.. I then phoned him and found out he'd nipped out and his scooter had ran out of juice! I went to see him and he's still having issues health wise. Dr came to see him and we have a new plan in place which I'll follow up next week. I have to get some keys cut for him for his new swanky wrist band he has (emergency vitaline thingy). First I need to drop a sample pot off to him, then I'll head to gym, and then get keys cut/items posted and then nip back to him pick up sample/hand over keys and sort out collection of them. Then it will probably be time to pick the boy up. It's his first show tonight and we are going to watch. I'll have to fit a shower/do hair and makeup in somewhere. So busy day.

Now.. Recently talking to a friend it seems they reward things like good reports and what not. Now I'm forever praising the boy but it makes me wonder is he left out from this? I might organise a bowling trip for us both for having such a good report and for doing well in his show. Pressure ey? He does love bowling though and we haven't been in a while.

So far this morning I've had a brew and catch up with friend, wrote out birthday card ready to post, sorted out my meds into pots (need to order new prescription next week). I'm about to go get changed and find sample pot from my bag for grandad.

He's a funny old man and states he only trusts me and my mum. It's weird, I've only had big input recently. I think he's realising his vulnerability. *Keep family close*.

Last night did a quick trip to @ldi for fruit/veg/other necessities. Came to below £25. Bargain.

However when we got back we found my mum had a flat tyre- must have happened on journey back as it was hissing loudly. We've put her saver wheel on and will look this weekend at finding replacement tyre for best price online.

So very busy I guess. Everything's ticking over nicely.

Hope everyone has a great day. The weekend is near enough here!
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    *New Recipe*

Hi thought I'd share a recipe I've just used from a SW recipe online. It's a tomato soup and has a canny resemblance to he1nz tomato soup.. It's cheap as chips to make too.

2x tins of chopped tomatoes.
    2x tin of baked beans
    1x tin of carrots. (I used slice).
    7 small silver skin pickled onion.
    Chicken stock cube.
    1/2 pint of water.

Add all together in pot and blitz. Warm up as required. However I cooked it all together and have now portioned it up.

I'm currently sat here with a bowl and one slice of bread. Yum.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Busy day yesterday! In the evening we went to see the boy in his first show. He was so cute and thoroughly enjoyed it... he had to dress up as a crocodile. I so hope I can get a picture of him in it at some point to cherish for when he's older ;). The whole cast of children did brilliant.

Slightly swerved off my healthy eating.. a skinny c0sta latte and Maltese crunch slice, small tub of chocolate ice cream and 9 mini eggs may have somehow slipped into my mouth accidently. Back on it from now!! I'm feeling the effects this morning from the junk. I really don't think heavy dairy agrees with me, it makes me all crampy.

This morning I'm going to chill out with the boy and do some colouring and activities together before he's picked up for his next two shows today. After today it's over and done with! He's received lots of presents and cards off his dad's side of the family... I never thought to get a card, woops. He knows I'm proud though and have promised a day out to bowling.

Not much else to update really. I may hit the gym later on tonight, I may not. I'm not 100% sure yet.. I went on my own yesterday and stupidly left my water bottle oops.

I've wrote a card and slipped £20 in for my Godsons birthday. I don't usually put this amount in for other kids but figured he's my only God child. It sounds weird writing that haha.

Anyway hope everyone has a great day!
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just popping in to catch up. Glad parents evening went well. The fact your son is a summer baby but is doing so well is great. It sounds like there is nothing for your ex to really be concerned about anyway?

Glad your Grandad was ok. Must be worrying when you can't find someone of that age where you'd expect to.

Hope you enjoyed your skinny latte etc.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Morning,

Saturday was busy but the boy has now finished his show, hurrah!

Today is a chill out day. We've made faces for breakfast out of fruit this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed by both of us.

Then we're just doing simple activities.. Playing games together and colouring in. The boy has homework to do. One involved writing a letter as if he's been I'm war- I've done the old teabag colouring paper trick to make it look the part! Haha.

Yesterday was a NSD and today should be as well. The boy is going to his grandparents later and I shall be going gym with my mum.

I went to gym last night with friend and had a good catch up. Surprisingly I've stuck to it for two weeks now which surprises me. I usually give up straight away. I think I'm beginning to enjoy it! Only time will tell.

Lunch will be tomato soup that was made other day.

Aside from that not much else to report. Advance payment from work was made however I seem to be missing £100 or so- not sure what happened there to be honest. I'll check with payroll tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Sunday!
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    You are doing so well, and I'm glad you're enjoying the gym. It won't be long now before it's a habit, especially if you're enjoying it.

Did you ask at the reception if anyone had handed in your water bottle?
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Ha ha! Talking about water bottle. Me and my friend went on the machines where I'd left it yesterday... and it had been tucked away at the side. It was definitely mine as I'd initialled it lol. So I bought it home. I felt a right weirdo picking up a random cup though lol.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Huge well done on sticking with the gym. It's been proven to improve mental health, just as much as physical and so can really help get your mind in the right place for the tasks that life bring at us.

How many NSD's are you aiming for for February?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure