The Illuminative Project.

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chandelier so pleased your Uncle had his op OK, and that Grandad is doing OK as well.

I think you sound incredibly sensible building up good relationships with people like your Ex's partner. She sounds a great person too. At the end of the day it all benefits your son.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Chandelier - Lovely to hear you get on well with the boys dads g/f, Makes a huge difference i would imagine.
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Well it's either be sensible and do what's best or be a nightmare...

I don't think I have the energy to be a nightmare these days. I just want the laid back sort of lifestyle.

When I was in previous relationship, boys dad was a nightmare and caused problems. Even though said person wasn't involved in boys life, I kept it all separate.. I was still a bad person. I kept my head held high and dignity together, even when times got hard.

I'm off to the gym this afternoon with friend in between appointments. So I'll do a quick wash of my gym stuffs ready for it.

Just sorted my meds into pots for next week. I feel all organised now and doing this makes me less likely to forget to take them.

I'm going to defrost some chicken and make buttermilk chicken again for tea. It's Friday, it will feel like a treat tonight. I'm wondering if I can freeze buttermilk. I have two tubs.

& thanks Bob and Speky for posting.. Comments such as yours makes me believe I'm doing the right thing, from others perspectives. Sometimes people do question how well I get on with boys family. But in some ways they are like my second family and are there in other ways during my time of need.

:T
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Misty here is the recipe I use for the buttermilk chicken. Let me know if it doesn't work.
    Buttermilk chicken

And here is the pizza dough recipe that was simple yet amazing. I added some oregano to the dough mix though. Personal preference.

Pizza dough

Hope you enjoy these! Apparently you can freeze buttermilk so if I've any left over marinade I am going to freeze it for future purposes if possible.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    *New Updates*

Zopa: £2100
    Barclays: £2480
    Virgin: £435
    MBNA: £3350

Total: £8365.

£45 overpayment spread across all cards today.

Yay :rotfl:
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Delurking to say you are doing so well with the stuff that life throws at you, you are a wonderful mum and your son sounds adorable.

Buttermilk - the cartons that we get here say not suitable for freezing, but having bought some to make scones and run out of time before going on holiday I bunged one in the freezer. Some weeks later I hooked it out, defrosted it (shaking hard from time to time) and the scones turned out fine, I cannot remember how it was texture wise though.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Maddiemay- where did you find the cartons?

Thank you for the recipes Chandelier, they sound great. I'll be making both next week.

It's so lovely that you get along so well with the boy's father's partner and relatives. I'm sure it is down to your positive attitude and determination that the boy shall have a good support network.

I have a bit of gym envy now. I'm increasing the length and speed of my walks and know that I can do fine without belonging to a gym, but there is something that feels so indulgent (to me anyway) about being able to use really good quality equipment and having a nice hot shower, especially when the one at home is more of a lukewarm dribble... :o
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maddiemay- where did you find the cartons?

Thank you for the recipes Chandelier, they sound great. I'll be making both next week.

It's so lovely that you get along so well with the boy's father's partner and relatives. I'm sure it is down to your positive attitude and determination that the boy shall have a good support network.

I have a bit of gym envy now. I'm increasing the length and speed of my walks and know that I can do fine without belonging to a gym, but there is something that feels so indulgent (to me anyway) about being able to use really good quality equipment and having a nice hot shower, especially when the one at home is more of a lukewarm dribble... :o

We are very limited for SMs here, but our smallish Tesco and Budgens both stock the 240ml plastic pots of St Ivel buttermilk
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    We are very limited for SMs here, but our smallish Tesco and Budgens both stock the 240ml plastic pots of St Ivel buttermilk

Thank you maddiemay, I will take a look the next time I'm in either of those shops!
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Misty I bought the buttermilk from @sda. Right by the creams- a 300ml pot. I reckon you'd only need one pot..dependent on how many you will cook for?

Yesterday was a busy day. I never seemed to stop.

I went to my doctors appointment and recieved a new sick note for a month. I'm hoping to be back at work in a months time. I also had a return to work meeting where we discussed options regarding me returning to work. I've confirmed my annual leave and used some to top up my wage for this month. Only a weeks worth but anything is better than nothing.

I went to the gym last night.. Following this I then snacked on biscuits. Woops. I really need to stop this. The issue is I know that the biscuits are there in the cupboard (left over from Christmas). I must fight the urge when this happens again.

The boy got his mid year school report yesterday. It's done re maths, writing, reading and speaking/listening. In all areas regarding effort he was marked as working above/over achieving. In areas regarding achievement he's over achieving in reading and writing and at the recommended level for the others. His teacher then wrote a lovely comment (I'll post later) which made me very proud.

Busy day today again. Will update later.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts