Comments

• Chandelier.
    Options
    Zopa: £2000. (3.3%)
    Barclays: £2450. (0%)
    Virgin: £410. (0%)
    MBNA: £3330. (0%)

Total: £8190 as stands currently.

Awaiting direct debit to go out for loan tomorrow and will take couple of days to update.

The plan is to balance transfer Barclays to new 0% offer which has 0% transfer fee. Then money transfer rest of loan amount to Barclays which will save interest. The 0% offer for Barclays runs out by November 1st so I'll tackle that one first whilst paying minimum to others. Others have at least two years 0% offer remaining.

The plan will be to tackle smallest balance first there after (Virgin card).

Then I'll split payments between MBNA and new credit card to clear as much as possible. I'd like to be rid ideally of all debt before September 2018. But we'll see. It's doable on my wage/incoming/outgoings.

In this time I'll still maximise my help to buy isa each month. And set aside money into emergency fund/other funds and build savings back up. Along with other things :)

Feeling positive.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Morning. I've spent some time this morning jigging my bank accounts around. I've now seperated them fully so I can see what's available.

My accounts now go as follows:-
    - This month's budget. (What's leftover for month. Still awaiting some incoming due mid month).
    - Just in Case fund. (Wriggle room for emergencies aka recent car tyre expense).
    - Do not touch savings. (I've set aside a lump sum I don't want to touch).
    - Holiday fund. (Money set aside here to pay when due at beginning of March. Also includes money for the boy's passport renewal).

I've admitted the fact I may not get a proper wage until end of March, maybe even April. Although it's rubbish I'm keeping things on a tight scale.

It may hold me back on the debt busting, who knows. I'm not going to lose sleep over it all. Once all is transferred over to 0% I'll relax a bit more and follow plan as posted yesterday.

I've found out when promotional interest rates end for all 0% offers. Each have at least two years to run aside from Barclays account. Surprisingly Virgin has the longest 0% offer with smallest balance. I'll just knock that one on the head after I've got rid of Barclays balance when I do the final money transfer of the loan.

This whole way of doing things may be complicated for some, but it works for me. I know all my balances and keep a paper record as well as electronic. I check my balances regularly.

Today is a rather busy day. I walked the boy to school and walked back myself. I'm about to walk to my appointment shortly to meet with CPN nurse and then attend the first of my group CBT therapy. After I shall walk back and pick the boy up from school. He has a disco till around half four which he was excited for this morning. So lots of walking for me.

I'll give the gym a miss tonight, however I will be doing plenty of walking today. The legs, bums and tums class was brilliant. I've learnt some new exercises and booked for the same class next week. The gym person wasn't too shouty or strict, perfect sort of balance for me.

I weighed myself this morning and it's showing a 3lb loss since I weighed myself last week. Let's hope it's a true figure and stays off.

Not much more from me today.

In some ways I feel a bit sad as my savings were high around last August. However I must remember I have paid lots off loan (before 0% transfers), paid for trip before Christmas, paid off another card last September (£750 balance), money aside for holiday in may and used it to boost my budgets each month since being on SSP. So it's no wonder.

I'll build them back up soon enough, it will just take time. :D
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss! Did DS enjoy his disco?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Hi Bob, yes the boy enjoyed his disco. One of his school friends parents gave us a lift home in their taxi. At that point I was near enough all walked out ha. This parent complimented the boy and said if his daughter ever met someone like him when older they'd be over the moon. It made me feel so proud :D. Apparently the boy also always looks the happiest boy in the world. He always has a smile on his face.

Yesterday went a bit meh towards the end, I think the reality of the CBT kind of hit me. Although I've accepted the diagnosis of Bipolar in my head (well I thought I had), hearing others talking about it and then breaking it down and looking at potential triggers and other issues etc has kind of brought it all back. I also felt a bit overwhelmed with the group scenario- so many voices, so many experiences and all come from different walks of life. Interesting but heartbreaking in other ways. I need to carry it on because I know it will help but yesterday I could have walked out and not gone back. I need to remember it's for me.

Loan payment for beginning of this month has gone out, I'm unsure why it didn't yesterday? I hope this won't put a mark on my credit file or whatever. After direct debit comes out it takes anywhere between 3-5 days to update- frustrating.

Today I'm waiting in for my tyre to be fixed. I'll be amused to see where the puncture is and what type. I wonder about getting a space saver/spare tyre but they seem to cost a fortune and I'd need the equipment/tools to go with it too. Anyone have any ideas? Car is two years old. My work involves lots of driving so should really have this.

Also car breakdown cover- I've been pretty lax on this. Has anyone any recommendations of whom to go with? The big ones seem to be wanting £90 plus a year. I have no experience with smaller companies. Another confusing thing. They seem to get your money from all angles.

Also been feeling quite down re holiday booked for May. I haven't paid full balance yet. I've been following case of Man who took Isle of Wight council to court and ended up at supreme Court, no decision has been made yet but they are on about prosecuting parents? Even for lateness/other unauthorised absences. I don't know how they expect to do this. I can't de-register and home educate the boy. I also wouldn't want to move his schools. All I want is what we've booked, some time away, something to look forward to which is beneficial for both me and him. I'd happily pay the fine of which is £60 at the moment. Lesson learnt I'm not booking other holidays in term time. I don't want to cancel it though as I've been looking forward to it for so long. I think it would depress me even further doing that. I think that's knocked my mood alot.

Meh. I've felt my mood slipping since yesterday. I need to turn it round and stay focused and balanced.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Are you with First Direct by any chance? I am, and it's the same 3-5 days before payments show on my statement which is super frustrating. Previously with BoS it was instantaneous.

Hope you feel a bit better today. You know where we are if we can help.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hugs Chandelier I can see why that case would affect you. However given the timing of your own break it seems unlikely that they would be able to make any big changes to legislation beyond the fines already in place before then. If you are ok with the £60 and know what to expect, and have made your decision rationally for why you want to go with that option then I would stand by that. You deserve a break with your son.

• Chandelier.
    Options
    Speky I have applied for a current account and for the switch to FD. The switch is suppose to be happening on 15/2. I sent off the paperwork last Friday which I had to sign and send back. Still awaiting to hear more information. I am guessing it will be Monday before the Zopa loan updates properly re payments and I can get the balance transfers/money transfers rolling. Then everything will finally be 0%. I can some months overpay massively but other months where I may feel I want to take a back seat, I can and pay the minimums should I choose.

Bob you're right. The legislation surely would not be able to change straightaway? Just over three months until holiday. Unless DfE already have their proposal papers ready in advance? Plus wouldn't any changes have to go through parliament? It all baffles my head anyway. I am determined to still go either way. I just hope I can get away with the fine they impose at the moment.

Things just ticking over this morning, not much happening. I walked the boy to school and walked back home. I have the dilemma of the person who is changing my tyre shall be here any time between 2.30-4.30pm. I need to pick the boy up at 3.20pm- it takes around 15 minutes walk to school and same on way back, give or take five minutes if boy is wandering and in world of his own. I don't think I can phone company and get specific time, makes me wonder should I have paid the extra fiver for me to choose a time slot! At least I will know for next time ha ha.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Bobarella
    Options
    You'd think they'd have enough on their plate planning the Trump visit and sorting out Brexit. Ooops politics. My bad :)

• Chandelier.
    Options
    You'd think so wouldn't you Bob? I take full responsibility for any education missed during that time and would catch up and put in the effort with the boy. Last time we went away he hardly missed a thing and didn't have any catching up to do. The only thing they'll be annoyed with is that it's SATs that week. It will reflect on their Ofsted report. Whys everything about reports these days? Meh. Some won't agree with this but it's done now.

In other news Mr Tyre man came earlier than expected and I had a shiny new tyre fitted all within half an hour. He was very professional and informative with some questions I had. I'd definitely use the company again. It just seemed so much simpler. However I'm still walking to school to pick the boy up because it's easier and no parking wars. Mr Tyre man asked me to leave a review which I have done, apparently they get commission bonuses based on reviews. So I've paid that little one forward. I sometimes forget to review things.

I've arranged to go to the gym with a friend tonight and I'll probably go tomorrow day time. I won't be able to go Saturday as I'll have no childcare.

After much faffing, I have a new prescription for my medication as I'm close to running out. I need to go pick it up. I'll discuss with boy whether we walk or drive. I'm inclined to walk as it was quite a lovely walk yesterday and exercise will do us good. Also can pop to park on the way there/way back. It's one he's not been to before but there is alot more there then our local park.

Regarding my mood, I need to expect these ups and downs. I'm just about breaking even at the moment- I'm finding I'm more able to snap out of them. I can feel myself slowly slipping down but I think it's more life stresses thrown in the mix if that makes sense?

Next week will be full of appointments and when I can make a plan of returning to work. I need to get back and into swing of things and back into a routine as I'm becoming quite accustomed to this time off which although has been good for my health, it can't go on forever and I'm looking for that balance.

I need to phone payroll. Should have done it beginning of week but kept fobbing it off. Woops.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Also with payments gone out recently the debt now stands at £8143.22 for the beginning of the month.

I would ideally like to aim for it to be under £7900 by the end of month once other payments have gone out and balance transfers/money transfers completed.

One can only hope!
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income