The Illuminative Project.

Options

Comments

• Chandelier.
    Options
    Morning!

It's not looking too dull here for a Monday morning.

I've been fiddling around again as usual money wise. But I've came up with a sound plan. I noticed a certain bank offered 0% interest and 0% balance transfer fees for 26 months. I already hold account with said bank and have done for about six years..

I've decided to balance transfer over the balance from B@rclaycard which ends earliest to new credit card and will then do a money transfer from B@rclay card to clear off loan which will save me around £80 in interest.

I can then pay minimums on other accounts until I have cleared B@rclaycard balance by end of October. The balance should be just under £2000 so it's definitely doable. Then after I can concentrate on other balances.

Lots of moving around and what not but I'm happier with this. I know when each balance is due, all direct debits set up and when each offer runs out.

I don't have to worry about interest and if there are times where I don't overpay I don't have to worry too much.

Just a quick one here. I'm off to the consultant at the hospital for a follow up from my op. Here's hoping to good news.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    You are sounding very organised and in control, you must be feeling better in yourself for sticking with your plan!

Good luck for your appt x
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    So... I've finally been discharged by consultant following a year of three operations. Ecstatic is not the word! If I have any further issues I can just be referred straight back.

I'd not used the full two hours parking I had to pay (£2.50) so I left it on the pay and display machine to pay something forward. There was around 90 mins left. Little things that count.

My petrol light came on so I've just filled up.. £57.35. Petrol seems to have shot up recently. I swear before not long before Christmas it was closer to the £1.. I always wonder if it's best to fill up or put a set limit in at each time i.e. £25. However that means more trips to petrol station. I've reset my milage clock so I can see how many miles I get to this tank by the time it's empty again.

I then nipped into M0rrisons and got a couple of yellow sticker items (meat) and some other bits, total came to £10.12.

So quite a spendy morning really.

I picked up some pork, so I'm going to make a bbq pulled pork recipe and see how it turns out... I'll just whack it all in the slow cooker. I've not used it in a while.

I still need to have breakfast, I've been that busy running around that I've forgot. I'm feeling rather bloated these past few days.

And thanks Speky. Gym is definitely helping. I think I'll start a NSD challenge again beginning of Feb. It's been such a up and down month and confusing for January with bits here and there. I'll probably go for 12 again with it being a short month.

And thanks Misty. I do like being in control finance wise and at least I can see where my money is going every month and can make overpayment as and when I want and not have to wait for the previous payment to come out. At the moment the loan is awaiting next months direct debit payment on the 1st and will take a couple of days to update (eurgh). I can't wait to do the balance and money transfers over and get it all onto 0%. I've been quite lucky in many ways to achieve all this.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    So I had a burst of energy earlier on this afternoon.. So what did I decide to do? Do some more clearing out of my room. However I've managed to just pull boxes out, sort through and put into piles and now I'm just looking at it not knowing what to do. There is so much stuff. I need to be ruthless.

For some reason I've noticed a drop in my mood since this morning. Maybe I'm just finding it too stressful and overwhelming sorting things out. But it needs doing.

I guess I am just venting here.

The pulled pork is in the slow cooker. I'll shred it soon before tea is due. I'm making some home made potato wedges to go with it for myself. What's left over I'll tub up for tomorrow's lunch.

I actually haven't had lunch today. I've not felt up for it. I seem to be having these small dips in mood again since taking new medications which are suppose to stabilise the highs. I'm not sure about them. I'll hold out until I next see the consultant though.

I'm just rambling now to be honest. I need to crack on. I just feel like I'm failing and can't even do the simple thing of sorting out and organising boxes. It's laughable half the stuff I have.

I've the gym later with my mum. She is using a free session with a personal trainer.

Meh.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You aren't failing at all, you've got loads done recently. Don't be too hard on yourself.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Another post here...

Tyre has a puncture, totally flat. What a bummer. I've arranged for a mobile fitting service to change it Thurs. It just means walking more. At least it's more exercise.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What a pain!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Cheeseface
    Options
    Hello, I've just caught up.

You've been really busy, and you're doing so well. I hope today is a good day.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Damn! Any idea of price just yet?

I'm always torn wither to go budget or pay a bit more for the tyre to last longer and also perform better.
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Bob it definitely is a pain, one I'd like to do without! But things happen. It's weird because my mum got a flat tyre/puncture last week. I have no space saver or spare tyre. Maybe it's something to look into in the future. But I know they can be quite expensive.

Cheeseface thanks for your comment. I hope you're well. I'll pop over to your diary later and catch up.

Speky with fitting included it's come to just under £75 and that's for the budget tyre. The tyres that came with my car are around £183 each and there's not much difference in the product spec if you get me? :eek:.

It's being fixed on Thursday so I'm without a car until then, no biggie though. The boys school is within walking distance and any appointments I have tomorrow I can technically walk to- 1.7 mile walk there and back. It saves on petrol too :rotfl:

Once I'm back at work and earning a proper income again I'll set up my car fund again. It's taken a back burner since being off sick. I have savings to cover these sort of things though.

I went through topcashback and have a pending payment of £2.48... Every little helps ;)

Last night i finished off at the gym. I just did the treadmill whilst my mum had a personal trainer session. She is contemplating having one for a short while and they offer a good deal. This is same price whether it's one or two people. I may be cheeky and join in sometimes. However I struggle with things such as this.. New people, being told what to do- I definitely don't like people shouting if you get what I mean.

Tonight I've booked us both onto a class- legs, bums and tums!! This makes me laugh and should be a good laugh. I met an old work friend the other day at the gym who's also booked herself onto it, so the more the merrier!

Today I'm just going to have a chill out day. I've found the past couple of days quite stressful in some parts. At least I'm able to identify why more than I used to- I think at the moment, hormones play a big part and that's why I'm a bit moody. My low moods aren't hanging around like they used to though.

I portioned up the pulled pork, which was absolutely lovely. One is in the fridge, other is in the freezer. I have a small gammon joint in the fridge which I'm going to cook shortly and portion up. I also have some diced chicken breast - not sure what to do with that yet. I need to sort the fridge out and see what I've got and what needs using.

Food wise I'm not doing too bad- could be better but I'm being kinder to myself due to being hormonal. Once I settle down I'll be a bit more stricter and carefully watch what I eat. Although I've been following SW loosely, I read somewhere about the 80:20 rule- 80% healthy diet, 20% on whatever you decide that's not so healthy. That could possibly work for me. I used to use the 80:20 rule when completing assignments for university. It changed the way I wrote and improved my results.

Anyway enough rambling for one morning.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income