Tesco Bank customers money disappeared & fraud messages

Options

Comments

• Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    greenglide wrote: »
    ... and, of course, if security is evident (the house with high walls, alarms etc) the thieves will be attracted by it won't they? There must be something to steal.

It's much better to have Ninjas hidden in the rafters.

I don't even need to have them full time.

Just when I go on holiday for a week or two. :D
    2010 Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Andrew Bailey, chief executive of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) told MPs he was worried about weaknesses in banks' complex IT systems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37907441

Says it all.
    Why is he worried, he`s the regulator, then regulate.
  • mikb
    mikb Posts: 557 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ... is anyone really going to discuss their financial affairs with a random person claiming to be from the Times, given the current Tesco fiasco? :rotfl:
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,636 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just received this

Further to our text on Monday morning, we wanted you to know that the issue has now been fully resolved. All services are available again, including paying with your debit card on the Internet. We can confirm that any fraudulent payments have been fully refunded and that your personal data was never compromised. Your existing card will continue to work as normal. We apologise again for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and support.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    Just received this

Further to our text on Monday morning, we wanted you to know that the issue has now been fully resolved. All services are available again, including paying with your debit card on the Internet. We can confirm that any fraudulent payments have been fully refunded and that your personal data was never compromised. Your existing card will continue to work as normal. We apologise again for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and support.
    I see people reporting having the same text (as have I) but finding no card function still. Yet another Tesco Bank lie?
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tesco announce their current accounts are no longer in the frozen aisle?
  • jimjames
    Options
    I see people reporting having the same text (as have I) but finding no card function still. Yet another Tesco Bank lie?

No idea. Everything they've told me has been correct but I never use debit card for transactions other than cash withdrawal. To be fair to them I think they've handled it pretty well. I think it's unrealistic to expect a bank to have surplus staff to handle such a massive peak in calls on a Sunday.
  • jimjames
    Options
    talexuser wrote: »
    Tesco announce their current accounts are no longer in the frozen aisle?

Unexpected item in the banking area...
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why are people surprised?

When a lad in his bedroom can hack into the US military etc. it is bound to happen.

We can expect more of this.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    When a lad in his bedroom can hack into the US military etc. it is bound to happen.

We can expect more of this.
    Yes, the writing has been on the wall since the 1983 documentary "Wargames" with Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure