Comments

• anneliese123
    Options
    No wonder customers. Are confused
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We have now come into the Age of Donald Trump, where they will tell you whatever sounds plausible to say it's all fixed and you are safe.

The innovation 20 years ago was telephone banking, and then online banking. I want HSBC to come up with an IMMOBILE banking account, where you have to go to a real (not virtual) location, with real physical security, to transact bigger transfers. I am very happy to pay extra.

Note that it does not mean a real person sitting in a real branch office. All they need is a teleconference terminal in a branch office, connected to the bank's secure internal network. You will need a security guard to let you in, but once inside you can connect to anyone needed to handle your case. Or you can just DIY, using a secure terminal.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    We have now come into the Age of Donald Trump, where they will tell you whatever sounds plausible to say it's all fixed and you are safe.

The innovation 20 years ago was telephone banking, and then online banking. I want HSBC to come up with an IMMOBILE banking account, where you have to go to a real (not virtual) location, with real physical security, to transact bigger transfers. I am very happy to pay extra.

Note that it does not mean a real person sitting in a real branch office. All they need is a teleconference terminal in a branch office, connected to the bank's secure internal network. You will need a security guard to let you in, but once inside you can connect to anyone needed to handle your case. Or you can just DIY, using a secure terminal.
    Could I interest you in some space in a vault in Hatton Garden perhaps?
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Vortigern wrote: »
    Me too. I was told when I rang that my card would be replaced, but a later text indicated that cards would not be replaced and would continue to work.

I haven't yet tried to use the card.

Same here.....I have since tested one of the debit cards for an online transaction and it worked.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm trying to follow a link here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71584073&postcount=330

- but just getting the spinning wheel. Same with Tesco Bank homepage from my bookmark

Anyone else having problems with Tesco bank website?

App not working either. What's going on? :eek:
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I'm trying to follow a link here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71584073&postcount=330

- but just getting the spinning wheel. Same with Tesco Bank homepage from my bookmark

Anyone else having problems with Tesco bank website?

App not working either. What's going on? :eek:

Website back up & app ok for me now.

Just to prove I wasn't imagining it

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/tescobank.com.html
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Watch out for the next stage in the fraud, social engineering

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/savings/tesco-bank-customers-at-risk-of-further-fraud-attacks/

Tldr version ; you get a call purportedly from Tesco bank saying to the effect that fraudsters are attacking your account and Tesco they need either to check your PIN number or transfer your money to a safer account or other similar guff. Some will inevitably fall for it. :-(
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks like TESCO is not telling, and the Sunday Times Money section today is hinting it's an inside job.

We need to track the perpetrator down, so that he or she can be strung up and made an example. Otherwise I will try it on next, since nobody gets punished.
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Of course they wont tell... its an ongoing investigation, criminal at that and one that may be extremely complex depending upon the circumstances! Until all the facts are clear to the relevant authorities and that they have done what they need to do, nobody will release any information..... if they actually decide to release the information at all!
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    Looks like TESCO is not telling, and the Sunday Times Money section today is hinting it's an inside job.

We need to track the perpetrator down, so that he or she can be strung up and made an example. Otherwise I will try it on next, since nobody gets punished.

A banker being sanctioned, perish the thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure