LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam

Options

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,649 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Im based in the UK and currently in the middle of brexit so im not sure if i can contact the european.

The UK is still part of the EU and will remain so for some months to come
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think this company is disgusting.

I have regrettably exchanged multiple emails with them and they have said if its identity theft then file a police report and they want a copy of it. If it is not identity theft then the money needs to be paid in full, i went through multiple pages on their adverts and couldnt find a price on any of the products they do, they have billed me for four different products, three of them which i actually havent received.

I explained to them i am a single, working mum that is struggling to make ends meet as it is and asked what advise would they give to resolve this and their reply was just methods of paying and reminding me it needs to be paid in full. Im so upset about it all. I have read all your replys which have been helpful, but can anyone tell me who i can email and report this company to. Im based in the UK and currently in the middle of brexit so im not sure if i can contact the european.

Please can some one help? Thanks in advance:)

The key point is that they cannot force you to pay unless they have good evidence you actually agreed to buy the items (and even then you would have cancellation rights). If you just ignore them there is nothing they can do to you. They may (and probably will) issue lots of threats but they can just be ignored.

If you wish to report them go and speak to Citizen's Advice and they may report the company to Trading Standards.

If you are concerned they might send debt collectors then don't be concerned. Firstly it is unlikely they will do this and if they do you just tell the collectors to go away unless they can provide evidence you actually bought the items (which they won't be able to produce).

If you are concerned they might damage you credit rating then again don't be concerned. I think credit reference agencies will only record any failure to pay under regulated credit agreements e.g. from financial firms or utility providers and from unpaid court debts (i.e. where a party wins in court and you fail to pay). So I cannot see this firm getting any legitimate credit reference agency to hold any information on this purchase unless they took you to court and won (which they wouldn't) and you then didn't pay. And even if they did (which is very unlikely) you could insist they correct it under the data protection act.

Unfortunately it is unlikely to be easy to get the company to stop sending threats. But just ignore them unless they concern actual court action. (And there is no way they would want to take the matter to court as they are in the wrong.)
  • Danielle1229
    Options
    Thankyou for being so helpful:)
    You have made me feel far more relaxesd than i was:)
  • naedanger
    Options
    Thankyou for being so helpful:)
    You have made me feel far more relaxesd than i was:)

And another point, going back to your previous post, the company seem to be saying it is your problem if someone else entered your name/address/email on their website. This is of course not correct. If they were stupid enough to send out something before getting payment (e.g. by debit/credit card/paypal etc) then that is their problem.

If a neighbour entered my name/address/email address on their website I would not be corresponding with them at all. I would probably report them to Citizen's Advice in the hope they inform Trading Standards.
  • Jomdaisy
    Options
    Hi,

I've read through the original post and all the replies, and I am going to email the Danish Consumer Ombudsman in a moment. Yesterday a packet arrived for my 14 year old daughter from these odious people containing five blackhead killer peel off masks, and some blackhead red paper. She did not order anything and doesn't even remember entering any details into their website (although she must have as they had our address and it was correct). Now, I am almost 100% certain that even if she had agreed to any contract (she didn't) that they could not enforce any of it anyway as she is a minor.

However, I am wondering whether or not to email the company in the first place as she has had no email from them at all and I don't particularly want to give them an email address if they don't already have one. Or, do I just ignore them completely and report them to Trading Standards or Action Fraud and the Danish Consumer Ombudsmen?

Thanks in advance!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    Options
    Jomdaisy wrote: »
    Hi,

I've read through the original post and all the replies, and I am going to email the Danish Consumer Ombudsman in a moment. Yesterday a packet arrived for my 14 year old daughter from these odious people containing five blackhead killer peel off masks, and some blackhead red paper. She did not order anything and doesn't even remember entering any details into their website (although she must have as they had our address and it was correct). Now, I am almost 100% certain that even if she had agreed to any contract (she didn't) that they could not enforce any of it anyway as she is a minor.

However, I am wondering whether or not to email the company in the first place as she has had no email from them at all and I don't particularly want to give them an email address if they don't already have one. Or, do I just ignore them completely and report them to Trading Standards or Action Fraud and the Danish Consumer Ombudsmen?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Jomdaisy, welcome to the forums.

You say you have read all the earlier posts so I am a bit puzzled by your questions.

Can I suggest you re-read post#83, which I think answers all your questions?

To save you looking for it, here it is again:
    naedanger wrote: »
    The key point is that they cannot force you to pay unless they have good evidence you actually agreed to buy the items (and even then you would have cancellation rights). If you just ignore them there is nothing they can do to you. They may (and probably will) issue lots of threats but they can just be ignored.

If you wish to report them go and speak to Citizen's Advice and they may report the company to Trading Standards.

If you are concerned they might send debt collectors then don't be concerned. Firstly it is unlikely they will do this and if they do you just tell the collectors to go away unless they can provide evidence you actually bought the items (which they won't be able to produce).

If you are concerned they might damage you credit rating then again don't be concerned. I think credit reference agencies will only record any failure to pay under regulated credit agreements e.g. from financial firms or utility providers and from unpaid court debts (i.e. where a party wins in court and you fail to pay). So I cannot see this firm getting any legitimate credit reference agency to hold any information on this purchase unless they took you to court and won (which they wouldn't) and you then didn't pay. And even if they did (which is very unlikely) you could insist they correct it under the data protection act.

Unfortunately it is unlikely to be easy to get the company to stop sending threats. But just ignore them unless they concern actual court action. (And there is no way they would want to take the matter to court as they are in the wrong.)
  • Jomdaisy
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I'm really just concerned for my daughter as she insists she didn't sign up for anything, I've checked her emails and there's nothing there from these people, but it won't mean they'll leave her alone. I probably could've worded my post better than I did. Everybody so far seems to have contacted the company and been fobbed off, so I was really just wondering whether or not it would be worth contacting them to inform them of her age so they would leave her alone. I know if it was concerning an adult they wouldn't just cancel it off, but if they knew they had sent products to a child then does anybody think they just wouldn't bother pursuing this?

I've emailed the Danish Consumer Ombudsman and included scanned copies of the invoice and letter she received, but I don't know if they will do anything about it as I haven't tried to resolve it with the company.

As soon as the little two are in bed I'll try emailing Trading Standards and Action Fraud. If it was myself I would tell them to get stuffed and ignore them, but my daughter is a bit of a worrier and is convinced she's going to end up in huge trouble despite me telling her otherwise! Stupid parasitic people...
  • Jomdaisy
    Options
    .ecc.fi/en/current-issues/press-releases/2016/15.11.2016-luxstyle-delivers-products-without-an-order/

I've just found this, it reads to me as though I have to email them and tell them to go fly a kite...

It won't let me post the link so I've split it. If anybody wants to read it it's from the European Consumer Centre in Finland.
  • naedanger
    Options
    Jomdaisy wrote: »
    .ecc.fi/en/current-issues/press-releases/2016/15.11.2016-luxstyle-delivers-products-without-an-order/

I've just found this, it reads to me as though I have to email them and tell them to go fly a kite...

It won't let me post the link so I've split it. If anybody wants to read it it's from the European Consumer Centre in Finland.

You don't have to email then. That is one suggestion, and if you were dealing with a reputable company it would be sensible. You explain you (or your daughter) never actually ordered anything, they check their records, realise their mistake and stop.

However in my view they appear to be far from reputable. If you respond I think it will just encourage them to pursue you or your daughter further. I certainly would not give them an email address if they don't have this already.

I would completely ignore them until they actually start legal action, which they won't do, because they will know you or your daughter never actually ordered. They want to frighten a small proportion of recipients into paying. The more you engage with them the more they will consider you concerned and so susceptible to threats.

If you don't respond they will need to pay for letters so I suspect they will stop sooner than if they were able to send emails which would cost them almost nothing.

Explain to your daughter that entering her details is not enough in itself enough to bind her to anything, and that the company is in the wrong not her, and any person in authority would see that clearly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure