LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• SunShine86
    Options
    naedanger wrote: »
    Do not pay anything. Do not pay to post them back. Ignore their letters and emails. (If you can block their emails from reaching you then do so.)

[If they take up your offer and send a prepaid label then return the item provided you get proof of posting. However I think it very unlikely they will take up your offer as the items are probably worth less than the cost of postage.]

The items will be close to worthless and the company is banking on just a small proportion of people paying. They will stop chasing everyone else eventually. The sooner you stop replying to them the sooner they will stop sending empty threats.

(If you are still concerned speak to Citizen's Advice.)

Hi,
    Thank you so much for the info.
    I am facing the same problem. I will stop replying them, furthermore I have marked them as SCAM.
    SunShine86
  • Ktlou85
    Options
    I have had the same issue as everyone eles, I ignored all letters and threats, I have today received a letter from io international collections. Threatening court. I don't think much Of The letter as it doesn't look very official.
  • FP7199
    Options
    Hi all,
    I've been a victim of this for the past few months. I first got an invoice for £129, which I know I did not order. I emailed them saying I did not order it and I wanted to return it. They replied saying that if i want I can have 50 % off, which I said no to, but they did not reply anymore. They kept sending me invoices adding late fees each time. It is now at £159 and they are saying if I don't pay then I'll be sent to debt collectors. After reading on here, you are saying to fill out a European commissions form can anyone leave me the link for it as can't find it and getting quite nervous now.
    Many thanks
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    FP7199 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I've been a victim of this for the past few months. I first got an invoice for £129, which I know I did not order. I emailed them saying I did not order it and I wanted to return it. They replied saying that if i want I can have 50 % off, which I said no to, but they did not reply anymore. They kept sending me invoices adding late fees each time. It is now at £159 and they are saying if I don't pay then I'll be sent to debt collectors. After reading on here, you are saying to fill out a European commissions form can anyone leave me the link for it as can't find it and getting quite nervous now.
    Many thanks

I am assuming you are based in the UK given the prices are in pounds.

If you are getting quite nervous I suggest you speak to Citizen's Advice, who should put your mind at rest.

The company are extremely unlikely to take you to court although they are quite likely to continue to issue ever more threatening emails. (If the matter went to court, any judge would quickly realise this was a scam. Also sending unsolicited goods with a demand for payment is a crime, so I doubt the company would want to bring their practices to the attention of a court.)
  • Panik
    Options
    This evening we received an email from creditlimitsinternational.com who are now demanding a payment of £94.50 for the dept incurred

I have responded asking for proof of the dept and advising that if they are a genuine company that they research their client. also referring them to this link

ecc.fi/en/current-issues/press-releases/2016/15.11.2016-luxstyle-delivers-products-without-an-order

I ended by stating that as far as we are concerned there is no dept and the next step would be court.

Is there anything else we can do I assume they have no real power unless there is a CCJ.

Andy
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Panik wrote: »
    This evening we received an email from creditlimitsinternational.com who are now demanding a payment of £94.50 for the dept incurred

I have responded asking for proof of the dept and advising that if they are a genuine company that they research their client. also referring them to this link

ecc.fi/en/current-issues/press-releases/2016/15.11.2016-luxstyle-delivers-products-without-an-order

I ended by stating that as far as we are concerned there is no dept and the next step would be court.

Is there anything else we can do I assume they have no real power unless there is a CCJ.

Andy

I’ve just received the same email! I’ve deleted it as I’ve never received any items and I have no idea how they have my details! I received a few letters in the past too.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • Jazz25
    Jazz25 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Heyy,
    Do u think u could send me that email you sent them so I could send it too?
    Cuz I am going through the same issue and I also have a video returning their product.
    So done with their !!!! right now!!!
    Tnz
    Jazz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills