mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Keep practising.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 January 2019 at 9:24PM
    Options
    Got 10GB data with unlimited minutes and texts from EE for £10 a month.

Quoted the uSwitch ID Mobile offer for a price match.
    ====
  • tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On here it says smarty are offering 3 months free but on the smarty website it says 2 months free.

There's £10.10 cashback but that would get me 2 months free.

Through the MSE website it's 3 months free.

Both work out the same but I don't want to click through here and then get 2 months free, thus losing the cashback.

MSE, is it 2 months free or 3 months from your link?
  • Hydro1
    Hydro1 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    tifo,

Clicking through from the MSE link leads to a Smarty page confirming 3 months free.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Virgin mobile 120gb data sim ONLY contract £20 a month until 31/01/18

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim/?contractDuration=12&tariffID=1176437114
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Hydro1
    Options
    Regarding MSE's 3 months free offer with Smarty, mentioned above, I have just clicked through on the link posted on this page:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts/#smarty
    where I had read that:
    You can add more data if you need it – each extra 1GB costs £1.25/mth – and you're credited for any data you don't use, paid at the same rate. It also offers 1GB, 2GB or 8GB plans if you need more or regularly use less.

When I click through to Smarty, the page confirms the 3 free months offer. But when I then select the 4gb Medium offer, and click for details of that offer, it says:
    Data discount
    Up to £2.50 money off your next month's bill for data you didn't use.
    https://smarty.co.uk/plans/SM_MEDIUM/medium

I would have thought it should be up to £5 off, in a case where no data was used.

The up to £2.50 off figure is also quoted for all their other plans, contrary to what MSE says, suggesting perhaps that the usual data refunds do not apply on the MSE offer.

Too late for their Live Chat tonight, but thought I would mention in case tifo goes ahead with his order.
  • Hydro1
    Options
    Following on from last night's post, I have had a Live Chat with Smarty this morning and they confirm that their pages suggesting a £2.50 cap on data refunds are incorrect.

On the MSE 3 months free offer, customers are entitled to the usual uncapped refund of £1.25 per gb for unused data on all plans.

The issue has been referred to the appropriate team for correction.
  • Einst
    Einst Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have PlusNet broadband, and switched to them for mobile.
    I currently get 3gb with unlimited calls and text for £6 a month.
    I even got my daughter on the same deal.. (2.5gb £7.50 for the first month)
    So far nobody has beat this..
  • ryan121
    ryan121 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wanted to move from a phone contract to sim only and don't use a lot of data or minutes. Phoned three and they gave me 2gb and 200 mins for £7 per month so very happy with that.
  • TokSik
    TokSik Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most of these posts are woefully out of date. This forum should have a posting life of a couple of months or so before each post is deleted.
    I came on here to see if there was anything about the 2019 (Jan - 5th of Feb) PlusNet deals, as they have not been working at all. You get through to their website fine and can waste loads of time filling in your details, then get an error message at the end of it stating that it's your fault because you have a dodgy card.
    What !!!!!!!!, as I tried 2 separate deals from Plusnet, each several times with different debit cards, all with the same result. I then went on to AliExpress and bought a phone case with one card and a screen protector with the other card, and both went through after checking just fine.
    So it's definitely Plusnets own site that's at fault. Probably the company withdrew the offers both hasn't bothered to let anyone else know. Go figure !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback