Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion

Options

Comments

• Sebmobile
    Options
    I wish they would move more of the "negotiation" done over the phone onto their online stores so it's easier to find better deals.

I'd gladly give up some of my unlimited minutes to save a couple of quid
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh yes sorry 12 months.

The texts I received say Welcome to the Max Plan as well as in the BT sport text it says -

Great News. BT Sport on your EE phone or connected device is inclusive in your Max Plan. Click this link to get started blah blah..

I am not sure about the roaming yet as I have not travelled since taking the plan.

How long ago did you take out the plan?

This is what it shows today:

077-A28-D6-1680-4-B4-D-8067-12-EBCBDAA3-AE.jpg
    ====
  • ironmanjason
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    How long ago did you take out the plan?

This is what it shows today:

077-A28-D6-1680-4-B4-D-8067-12-EBCBDAA3-AE.jpg

I took the plan on 2nd January

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
  • d123
    Options
    I took the plan on 2nd January

I highly doubt they would change something like that mid month, if you open MyEE under your Plan details does it show you have inclusive roaming for USA, Canada etc?
    ====
  • ironmanjason
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    I highly doubt they would change something like that mid month, if you open MyEE under your Plan details does it show you have inclusive roaming for USA, Canada etc?

I cannot see anything of that sort.. I might give the customer care a call later tonight to find out what is included.. the only reason I believed it was a max plan was due to the text i received.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/FzJI1s5

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
  • potatoman
    Options
    Hi, what is the best sim ,payg, I can purchase in the UK for Goa India
  • d123
    Options
    potatoman wrote: »
    Hi, what is the best sim ,payg, I can purchase in the UK for Goa India

India is rather strict on how you can get a sim card, you’ll have to wait until you get there to buy one, they need sight of your passport (amongst other things) to activate a sim for you..

Here’s a recent account of the process.

https://toomanyadapters.com/buying-sim-card-india/
    ====
  • northern_at_heart
    northern_at_heart Posts: 165 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2019 at 11:31PM
    Options
    I see Martin is recommending Smarty as the best SIM-only deal this week, offering 4GB of data + unlimited minutes and texts for £10/mth. If you activate your Sim by 18 Feb you'll get the next two months free, plus a £10 Amazon voucher. Smarty also refund any unused data each month (I believe they're the only company to do this!)
    I switched from EE to Smarty a couple of months ago and have been very impressed. It was very simple to switch, and I'm already saving money.
    Oh and I also got Quidco cashback on my SIM too!
  • geeooff
    geeooff Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Noticed Smarty charges £5 per mb of data in Andorra; So 1gb (1,025mb) of data will be free all over Europe on their basic £6pm package, but £5,120 if you are unlucky enough to be in contact with an Andorra arial while skiing, or just driving through on a main road between France & Spain.

A 1 hour call will cost you £150 in Andorra, or free 100mtrs away if you happen to log into a French arial.

https://smarty.co.uk/roaming/international/andorra

Seems there are many other countries on Smarty's grim £5 per mb rate.
  • d123
    Options
    geeooff wrote: »
    Noticed Smarty charges £5 per mb of data in Andorra; So 1gb (1,025mb) of data will be free all over Europe on their basic £6pm package, but £5,120 if you are unlucky enough to be in contact with an Andorra arial while skiing, or just driving through on a main road between France & Spain.

A 1 hour call will cost you £150 in Andorra, or free 100mtrs away if you happen to log into a French arial.

https://smarty.co.uk/roaming/international/andorra

Seems there are many other countries on Smarty's grim £5 per mb rate.

It’s not an EU or EEA country, so the rates are going to be expensive, no real surprise.
    ====
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure