M&S Bank

Options
12346»

Comments

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I applied online last Monday to open the account, it was acknowledged and I was told that I would be e-mailed a decision in five working days. Not a dicky bird yet.

I've got their credit card and a sizeable ISA investment with them and I thought it might go through on the nod.
  • caveman38
    caveman38 Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When you're asked to jump through hoops like that, it's generally because they haven't been able to adequately ID you electronically. Had you moved house just before the last application and perhaps you weren't on the Electoral Roll? Or maybe you'd had several addresses over the last 3 years or so?
    No, I've been at same address for over 30 years. I'd shown similar ID's for Tesco but with a teachers counter-signing but M&S didn't have anyone that I could find.
    Can I switch without ID's?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    caveman38 wrote: »
    No, I've been at same address for over 30 years. I'd shown similar ID's for Tesco but with a teachers counter-signing but M&S didn't have anyone that I could find.
    Can I switch without ID's?
    If you need "ID's" I'd have thought it would be to actually open the account, not to switch to it once it was open?
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I started the process in late October and got my welcome pack last week. Had to take proof of Id into store, despite already holding the credit card. Then signature to send in. I'm going to switch in the New Year fully and dump my 123 account.
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I applied online last Monday to open the account, it was acknowledged and I was told that I would be e-mailed a decision in five working days. Not a dicky bird yet.

My OH applied a few weeks ago and she received the decision at the very end of fifth working day. Reading through other posts on here it seems she got her decision early!
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My switch didn't take particularly long but I really don't like their internet banking and the iPhone app is appalling. The RS & £10 per month voucher make it worthwhile, though.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    And here, like an early Christmas present, is my acceptance!

"Thank you for applying for one of our M&S current accounts. We’re delighted to tell you that your application has been successful.

In the next few days you’ll receive a pack containing important information about your new account including a copy of the terms and conditions. Please take the time to read these documents. We recommend that you keep them somewhere safe for future reference. This pack will also contain a signature form and an agreement form for you to sign. Please read these carefully before signing and return them to us as soon as possible so we can open your account and you can start to enjoy new-fashioned banking.

As soon as we’ve received your signed forms, we’ll send you everything you need to run your account, starting with your new M&S Visa debit card.

We hope you enjoy being part of M&S Bank and new-fashioned banking. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on the telephone number below."

I've added this in case it helps anyone to see what it looks like.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure