M&S Bank

Options

Comments

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm in no great hurry to switch and I suppose Christmas is going to have an impact. With some new accounts opened online, acceptance is often instantaneous, but M&S say an e-mail is to come within five days!

I found the application very searching! I've made comprehensive notes of what I said (all true of course) just in case.
  • Norscbu
    Norscbu Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I found the application very searching! I've made comprehensive notes of what I said (all true of course) just in case.

A tip you may not have thought of, but if using a windows PC you could simply "print to PDF" your application so it's easy to refer to.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It did take an age and that was back much earlier this year.

I was a bit dubious about the gift card (cash would have been easier!) especially since the nearest (at present) M&S is 30 mile round trip. However have spent the money on food- nothing wrong with their 3 for (free ) £10!
    It is also worth signing up for Sparks. Ten days ago I had a £3 off £15 food spend. If you check out their multi buy offers or like the Sparks deals you can save even more. My freezer is now nicely packed with a backpack full of M&S food.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    I was a bit dubious about the gift card (cash would have been easier!) especially since the nearest (at present) M&S is 30 mile round trip.
    You don't even need to leave your house to spend money from the gift card as it can be used for online purchases.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

It is also worth signing up for Sparks. Ten days ago I had a £3 off £15 food spend. If you check out their multi buy offers or like the Sparks deals you can save even more. My freezer is now nicely packed with a backpack full of M&S food.

It may be very conservative but 'defrost and use within one month' is on the packaging. Hopefully you're feeding the 5000 :)
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Norscbu wrote: »
    A tip you may not have thought of, but if using a windows PC you could simply "print to PDF" your application so it's easy to refer to.

You can't simply do this on a Windows PC, but you can "Save page as", or whatever your browser calls it.
  • Katiehound
    Options
    It may be very conservative but 'defrost and use within one month' is on the packaging. Hopefully you're feeding the 5000 :)

If you believe that you'll believe anything!
    Most of my food is salmon & chicken- ie not ready meals and my freezer is under the counter size......so no 5000 here!
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Norscbu
    Norscbu Posts: 176 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2016 at 1:14PM
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    You can't simply do this on a Windows PC, but you can "Save page as", or whatever your browser calls it.

Sorry but yes you can, print the page and choose the "microsoft print to PDF". This is built into windows 10, and also a feature of Chrome itself if using an older version of windows
  • Katiehound
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    You don't even need to leave your house to spend money from the gift card as it can be used for online purchases.

Yes, then pay for delivery or be around for a 'window' from 8am-8pm!
    I recommend trip on the bus with a backpack- works fine.
    Many thanks

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It did take an age and that was back much earlier this year.

I was a bit dubious about the gift card (cash would have been easier!) especially since the nearest (at present) M&S is 30 mile round trip. However have spent the money on food- nothing wrong with their 3 for (free ) £10!

You must have more self-control than most if a "backpack full of M&S food" doesn't get scoffed well within a month :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure