M&S Bank

Options

Comments

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Norscbu wrote: »
    Sorry but yes you can, print the page and choose the "microsoft print to PDF". This is built into windows 10, and also a feature of Chrome itself if using an older version of windows

1 A Windows PC is not a PC with Windows 10

2 A Windows PC is not a PC with Chrome

Enough Said.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How did you manage to avoid the elderly, they are everywhere in M&S.
    Katiehound wrote: »
    It did take an age and that was back much earlier this year.

I was a bit dubious about the gift card (cash would have been easier!) especially since the nearest (at present) M&S is 30 mile round trip. However have spent the money on food- nothing wrong with their 3 for (free ) £10!
    It is also worth signing up for Sparks. Ten days ago I had a £3 off £15 food spend. If you check out their multi buy offers or like the Sparks deals you can save even more. My freezer is now nicely packed with a backpack full of M&S food.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Yes, then pay for delivery or be around for a 'window' from 8am-8pm!
    I recommend trip on the bus with a backpack- works fine.

With a bus pass even better :)
  • schiff
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    You must have more self-control than most if a "backpack full of M&S food" doesn't get scoffed well within a month :rotfl:

Not if you're on your own and don't pig yourself. One chicken can do at least five meals. With vegetables, pulses, couscous/quinoa.
  • schiff
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    How did you manage to avoid the elderly, they are everywhere in M&S.

But a better class of elderly, let's be fair.
  • caveman38
    caveman38 Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If I am happy with the £100 switching bonus and the RS facility. Can I get away with not having a regular payment in but just fulfil the 2DD rule.
    I thought of dumping our two 123 accounts by switching to M&S but only pay in manually ATM to fulfil the 123 £500 rule.
    I can only see that it is necessary to pay in £1,000 a month to get the additional monthly £10.
    I could obviously set up a regular incoming payment but it doesn't currently exist if it is a pre-requirement at the Switch.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caveman38 wrote: »
    If I am happy with the £100 switching bonus and the RS facility. Can I get away with not having a regular payment in but just fulfil the 2DD rule.
    I thought of dumping our two 123 accounts by switching to M&S but only pay in manually ATM to fulfil the 123 £500 rule.
    I can only see that it is necessary to pay in £1,000 a month to get the additional monthly £10.
    I could obviously set up a regular incoming payment but it doesn't currently exist if it is a pre-requirement at the Switch.

There is no pre-requirement to have a £1000 payment to the account. You'll get the £100 gift card and access to the regular saver by switching and maintaining two DDs. I manually transfer £1000 in/out each month to receive the additional £10 gift card top-up. Had my first top-up this month.
  • schiff
    Options

Unless you don't have the £1000 lying about free in some part of the month, it seems a shame to miss out on the extra per month with a deposit one day and a withdrawal the next - or something similar.
  • caveman38
    caveman38 Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Another thing I'd like to ask.
    When I tried to apply some time ago, I aborted the process because I couldn't find the necessary counter signatory ie. solicitor, JP etc.
    Do you still have to get that or can you "switch" straight away and avoid that part of the application process.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Another thing I'd like to ask.
    When I tried to apply some time ago, I aborted the process because I couldn't find the necessary counter signatory ie. solicitor, JP etc.
    Do you still have to get that or can you "switch" straight away and avoid that part of the application process.
    When you're asked to jump through hoops like that, it's generally because they haven't been able to adequately ID you electronically. Had you moved house just before the last application and perhaps you weren't on the Electoral Roll? Or maybe you'd had several addresses over the last 3 years or so?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure