🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• Tea&Kittens
    Options
    We do the train-friendly food thing when travelling. Kitty has been known to request "train picnic" when we travel back to my family in Norfolk. It's a 3 1/2 hour or something journey, and having some nibbles helps pass the time!
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • 117pauline
    Options
    It's so nice to hear you sounding more like your old self. But please make sure you have plenty of tea as you travel through the countryside as we can all appreciate the healing qualities of the heavenly beverage.

Short breaks can have a really beneficial effect particularly when the weather gets colder. I can't believe the change in temperature in just a couple of days.

Whereabouts are you headed? Scotland is a beautiful part of the world. But let's face it, with the right people around you, it doesn't matter where you are

Have a great time
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    T&K yep - LOVE a train picnic! :T

Pauline I'm not allowed too much tea at the moment as it inhibits the absorbtion of iron, so I'm meant to be avoiding tea around the time I take my iron tablets, and also around the time I'm eating anything iron rich...it's a disaster! :eek: Thankfully I cut down a lot when I first started having problems sleeping a couple of years back - otherwise I'd have been traumatised!

As for where - I'm off to Fife to visit one of my very best pals - not seen her in an age so we can't wait!! :T (Yes Beanie, Greying etc - i AM talking about who you think I am!) :D

Well the rogue bra is on its way back to Boux Avenue, and the refund has been processed in Matalan - directly back to paypal so I'll need to keep a check on when that goes back so i can extract it to my bank.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

As for where - I'm off to Fife to visit one of my very best pals - not seen her in an age so we can't wait!! :T (Yes Beanie, Greying etc - i AM talking about who you think I am!) :D

Was thinking that was who you were going to see :D Was going to politely request that, upon greeting, you add an extra large, extra squishy hug on behalf of 'Clan Greying' if you'd be so very kind :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping January - May £90/£90

Grocery spend May £235.12/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 2/24 (inc. Blankets 2/6)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,758 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So very proud to be a Fifer :grin:
    So proud of our bridges too :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Was thinking that was who you were going to see :D Was going to politely request that, upon greeting, you add an extra large, extra squishy hug on behalf of 'Clan Greying' if you'd be so very kind :D

Greying X

I can do that Greying!

Ooh - Beanie you've just reminded me I'll see the third crossing for the first time! :T

OnePoll creeping up this morning (now at £36.20) but again nothing from Prolific.

MrEH got paid as planned (hurrah!) and the regular transfers have mostly left the account now so I did the VSP transfer this morning as well - we're over £400 in there for the year now! :T That money will pay car hire, spending money and food for our Hebrides winter break. It'll go up yet as well (I run it until 1st December) as I have a TCB payment coming through which includes the £30 from my car insurance.

Today will not be a NSD as I'm heading to the gym this evening straight from work, all being well. Also nipped into ThaT supermarkeT this morning to get some odds and ends including some stuff for the train picnic tomorrow - which reminds me, I MUST make a note to take those bits from the fridge before I leave tomorrow!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Without wishing to over-excite anyone, I just got a 68p 2 minute PA study... :rotfl:
    she/her
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,758 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Without wishing to over-excite anyone, I just got a 68p 2 minute PA study... :rotfl:

If it makes you happy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Give that certain someone a sqidgy hug from us too! (It is who I think it is right? ):D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Have a great trip to Scotland HE, I'm jealous :D

I haven't had much from PA this week or last week so far, but hopefully it will pick up soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport