EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Oh of course you pay for prescriptions in Englandshire.EEEk.

Yes beanie it's £8.80 per item for prescriptions :eek: I'm considering a move to Scotland on frugality grounds :rotfl:

Hospital is scary the first time EH and not pleasant at any time :( It makes you value your health. I can never decide if the heat, truly dreadful food, or lack of privacy are the worst :eek: ::( :mad:

Although the hospital staff are always LOVELY and deserve a medal and a massive pay rise :T
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,619 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes beanie it's £8.80 per item for prescriptions :eek: I'm considering a move to Scotland on frugality grounds :rotfl:

Hospital is scary the first time EH and not pleasant at any time :( It makes you value your health. I can never decide if the heat, truly dreadful food, or lack of privacy are the worst :eek: ::( :mad:

Although the hospital staff are always LOVELY and deserve a medal and a massive pay rise :T

All three I think :(

& yes staff deserve a medal & a pay rise.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    The A & E staff were utterly superb. Once on the wards most were fantastic, but I confess I did encounter a few of the alternative type. Like everywhere I guess - there are good and bad,no question. A bit like the food, really... :o

Thankfully I got the first pack of iron tablets and one of the other medications given to me on the ward when I was discharged - I *may* be invoiced for those but hopefully not. Three more prescriptions so far though - I was debating the pre-paid certificate but without quite knowing how things will proceed from here it's impossible to know yet if it will be worth it or not.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • beanielou
    Options
    Why don’t you get the pre paid cert.
    I think you used to be able to use it to claim back what you have just paid but my memory is hazy on that.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,561 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Aww EH - so glad you are feeling on the up & up and that they are able to sort the cause of feeling so pants!

So nice to have you back & posting!:D xxx
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Why don’t you get the pre paid cert.
    I think you used to be able to use it to claim back what you have just paid but my memory is hazy on that.

You can only claim back within a very limited timescale I think - I will check though. (As in now - I'm going to check right now - y'know, "while I remember" :D)

Hmmm - interesting - you CAN claim back but need a refund form from the pharmacy. Might be worth a trip back to the one I got the double prescription from to see if they can issue me with such a thing, they must keep records, after all? If they can't then I'll hold off until I see how things go - but if they *can* then it will be worth it I suspect - I'm certainly going to need one more in the next few months as I will undoubtedly need another lot of iron tablets. Thanks Beanie!

Anyone else found Prolific V-E-R-Y slow again this week? I mean by "slow" non-existent - I've earned more from OnePoll! :rotfl:
    Cashed out £13-odd from Prolific this morning
    OnePoll now at £35.40
    50 points from YouGov this morning...slooooooow.

Statement on the 0% card arrived yesterday - I'm not *so* far away from the 50% paid off mark on that now - hurrah for that. We'll have a thread party when I hit it. :D
    Got carried away in Tesco this morning and spent £9.50 on a half size baking sheet (I actually needed one for something the other day and was cross I didn't have one) and some tea towels (Most of ours are beyond ancient and the new kitchen really demands something a little snazzier) - not convinced it'll break the bank though. I also now feel confident enough about my weight management to consider buying a set of bathroom scales so I'm going to shop about a bit for those. At the first hint of me finding myself getting them out daily they will head to the charity shop though. Found a set of WW ones from Argos for £17.99 which apparently measure just about everything (body water levels - really? :rotfl:) - everything aside from weight readings shall be taken with an enormous pinch of salt, obviously! Will order via TCB at lunchtime to collect tomorrow.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good news potentially on the prescriptions, could save you some pennies.

I'm finding PA extremely slow and have done for the last few weeks. Not earned much from any survey sites for a little while.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    ..........to consider buying a set of bathroom scales so I'm going to shop about a bit for those. At the first hint of me finding myself getting them out daily they will head to the charity shop though. Found a set of WW ones from Argos for £17.99 which apparently measure just about everything (body water levels - really? :rotfl:) - everything aside from weight readings shall be taken with an enormous pinch of salt, obviously! Will order via TCB at lunchtime to collect tomorrow.

Oh EH I have only just read this. i expect you have placed your order now. I had dreadful trouble with WW branded scales - mine came from W1lks though, and didn't measure 'everything' :D But they did 'eat' button batteries - even when you weren't using them! I fully realise it could have just been that set that were faulty - but I ditched them in the end (I'd not kept the receipt :o). They were quite expensive - £12 or £15, I think. Anyway, I replaced them with a cheapy £6.99 set from HB (they weight you in kilos, stones or pounds) and I've not had to replace the battery yet!

I therefore have my fingers crossed that I just got a duff set and it's not a feature of WW scales. Be a better person than me though, and keep your receipt! :D

Despite having a working set of scales, I am not shifting the weight! I blame BG! :rotfl:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad to be of service EH :)

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 October 2017 at 8:46PM
    Options
    I didn't have to pay for medicines I was given in hospital EH, even though I normally have to pay.

I calculated that I would need to have more than two items a month on prescription, to make a prepayment certificate cheaper. But my maths may have been wrong :o
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure