EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ow wow EH glad you have been sorted. Just shows how being anaemic can cause such a problem.

Hugs sent virtually to you x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    How frightening EH to feel so ill and to have to rush into hospital :eek: What a good thing Mr EH took you straight to A&E :T

It's really good to have got your underlying condition diagnosed anyway. How lovely to have a new burst of energy :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Crikey EH glad to hear you are all sorted... hugs to you both and gold stars to Mr EH!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Will resume proper MSE activities shortly! Thank you all so much for your lovely well wishes though - very much appreciated and those that said MrEH is a diamond are absolutely right - he truly is, and I feel absolutely terrible about scaring him like that. :o

Don't worry about that. He'll just be glad it's all fixed now.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Don't worry about that. He'll just be glad it's all fixed now.

Agree 100% on this.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks again all - I really truly did scare myself - and the more I discover/think about the various different aspects, the more that applies. Lessons well and truly learned, going forwards.

T&K The anaemia will improve immensely if the treatment for the cause of it works - and that, although pretty much brand new and fresh out of trials to the NHS, has a very good track record so far, so fingers crossed for that. Bottom line is I think from what I've been told - I'll be on iron tablets for a good while - certainly we're talking years not months, but that if I carry on with those, watch my diet, and the other treatment works, I certainly shouldn't get to such a severe stage again, everything is now in place to say so, anyway! :T

One plea - if ANYONE out there has friends or relatives who are nurses or phlebotomists, PLEASE can you encourage them to make sure they ASK patients whether they've ever had a hospital stay or a blood test before - there was a universal assumption that because I am in my 40's, I must have experienced both these things before, and that made the whole experience rather more frightening than it really needed to be, at times. A simple question, and then a clear marker put on the top of the notes in the case of the "first hospital stay" will inform everyone who needs to know that the person in the bed doesn't necessarily know about the routines etc.

Anyhow - true MSE'ness has been shuffled aside for the rest of the week in the form of a weekend away in Norwich to meet up with pals at the beer festival. Frankly, we felt as though we could both do with it! :D

Nipped to Matalan at lunchtime and bought a new pair of gym leggings - realised too late last night that I'd not epilated my legs and all my leggings are three-quarter length ones, and frankly NOBODY needs to see that sight so it was a kindness to spend the money really! :D Also used their "20% off knitwear" day today to order some new jumpers this morning - I'm desperate for stuff for work so it had to be done really. I'm happy with the cost though - just need to hope they fit! :p

Food all sorted for the week - and yes, lots of iron rich stuff going in there! Monday was beef stew, yesterday was a rather tasty couscous salad with chickpeas, halloumi, pomegranate seeds, coriander and butternut squash, and tonight will be fritatta with lots of assorted green leafy veg...and some bacon. :p I think tomorrow I'll throw lots of the outstanding veggies that need using in a pan and roast them. yum. :D

Aside the clothes, spending has mostly been on prescriptions.....*sigh*
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh of course you pay for prescriptions in Englandshire.EEEk.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,662 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Goodness poor you EH and well done on Mr EH to insist on you going to A and E. Eat lots of iron rich foods and get better soon. Your posts are missed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    One plea - if ANYONE out there has friends or relatives who are nurses or phlebotomists, PLEASE can you encourage them to make sure they ASK patients whether they've ever had a hospital stay or a blood test before - there was a universal assumption that because I am in my 40's, I must have experienced both these things before, and that made the whole experience rather more frightening than it really needed to be, at times. A simple question, and then a clear marker put on the top of the notes in the case of the "first hospital stay" will inform everyone who needs to know that the person in the bed doesn't necessarily know about the routines etc.

Anyhow - true MSE'ness has been shuffled aside for the rest of the week in the form of a weekend away in Norwich to meet up with pals at the beer festival. Frankly, we felt as though we could both do with it! :D

Not just general hospital stays EH - you don't get asked by the midwives if this is your first time in hospital when you give birth either :( Think the worst was getting lectured by a HCA for 'not eating my tea fast enough' due to elfin safety worries about food hanging about on a plate for more than 2 seconds. Um, pardon me why I try to attend to my newborn........ And a kindly (time-served, old-school) midwife on about day 3 asked me why I 'slept' with all the lights on. It seemed so simple when she showed me how to use the remote control housed in the side of the bed to dim/switch on/switch off the lights................... So I hear your plea!

Ha! Was chatting to someone a few hours ago that is going to the Norwich Beer Festival! Greying Town will be represented! Don't think they're the type to dance on tables after a sweet sherry and a bag of twiglets..........:rotfl:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    So scary EH but glad you're on the mend! Take care x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family