EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon. Take care of you, if you can't work then you can't work, be kind to yourself.

I do now want some beef stew, I think I need to get the slow cooker out soon which will give me loads of leftovers with it being only me and DS, probably the best way forward for me and my tiny budget.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are not well. Sometimes you just have to let yourself mend in the way your body needs.

Sounds like Mr EH is doing just what you need. You always come across as a great partnership.

So it sounds as though it's time for the settee , tea and a snuggle down under a blanket. Let the world do what it will.

Take care
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Tea&Kittens
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon, EH!
    Take some time out and look after yourself :) MrEH sounds lovely and supportive.
    I am now drooling slightly over the leek and bacon risotto. Might have to do it for me when Kitty visits her dad as she hates bacon!
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • Happierdays
    Options
    I want beef stew! :D
    Hope you feel better soon EH
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    I don't want beef stew.....:p

But I do want you to feel better :D properly :D so take what time it needs :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £73.49/215
    Non-food household spend May £16.96/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Loving the recipe sharing - I'm a big fan of the BBC Good Food site for recipes! :T

Struggling here this week - resurgence of a health problem that's been kicking about for a while. :( Didn't make it into work on Monday and suspect I'm not going to tomorrow either - not ideal but I'm literally struggling for energy for getting from the car to the office at the moment. Bleurgh.

Food has stayed reasonably on track and MrEH is being a star cook - he pretty much looked after mushroom & pea risotto on Monday. Last night we had a portion of Sunday's extremely delicious beef stew with the final two baking tatties, and tonight will be mushroom omelettes I think - again I suspect that's going to be down to MrEH to be masterchef on though.

I bought nearly everything from the S6 offer - and have ordered the "October Roasting Hamper" via the cheap MSE email link so looking forward to that turning up on Friday - will need to decide what to do with each of the individual items from that as well. The beef for the stew came from Al's last weekend - a nice piece of topside at just over 1kg cost me £6.29 and has made 7 portions of the stew. :T

I hope you feel better soon essex x
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,386 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are on the mend soon.
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sorry to hear that your'e not feeling well essex, hope you feel better soon. Great that Mr essex can take over to give you a break :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Feel better soon EH!!!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope that you feel better soon.
    MM
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback