Motorists, what to do about cyclists who constantly break the high way code???

Options

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tilt wrote: »
    Just "careless and reckless motorists" then and not irresponsible cyclists as well?

hello tilt, are u a motorist by chance
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

-are-you-local.png
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options

Yes and I drive for a living and as such, see many examples of poor driving and cycling on a daily basis. London is by far the worse for irresponsible cyclists but that's not to say there aren't quite a few bad drivers as well.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Tilt wrote: »
    Yes and I drive for a living and as such, see many examples of poor driving and cycling on a daily basis. London is by far the worse for irresponsible cyclists but that's not to say there aren't quite a few bad drivers as well.

Great, thank you for letting me know, have a great day
  • trinidadone
    Options
    I had another bad experience on the way home today regarding cyclists. Two lane traffic either side, I am turning right at the lights, a right green arrow shows, as I drive forward two idiot cyclist go through their red lights on the opposite side of the road, which almost resulted in me ploughing into them. I drive 300 meters, approached a small round-a-bout. one of the idiot cyclists approach the round-a-bout, takes the second exit, no indication to let me know which exit he was taking.

a fe hundred meters again, I approach a zed bra crossing to allow a stream of people crossing, i stop. one of the idiot cyclists ploughs through the people crossing. I so love those rule breaking cyclists.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    ...I approach a zed bra crossing...

Did you notice what else she was wearing, or just the size of her rack?
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I so love those rule breaking cyclists.

Get a dash cam and then you post it all on YouTube and show everyone what a bunch of idiots these cyclists are.

(Just be sure to edit it carefully to remove the numerous idiot car/taxi/bus/van/lorry drivers, oh and pedestrians.)
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I had another bad experience on the way home today regarding cyclists. Two lane traffic either side, I am turning right at the lights, a right green arrow shows, as I drive forward two idiot cyclist go through their red lights on the opposite side of the road, which almost resulted in me ploughing into them. I drive 300 meters, approached a small round-a-bout. one of the idiot cyclists approach the round-a-bout, takes the second exit, no indication to let me know which exit he was taking.

a fe hundred meters again, I approach a zed bra crossing to allow a stream of people crossing, i stop. one of the idiot cyclists ploughs through the people crossing. I so love those rule breaking cyclists.
    I had a very typical journey home tonight. Without exception every motorist exceeded the 30mph speed limit wherever possible. This included me. It suited me to drive this fast but I know if I stuck to the speed limit all the other motorists would get annoyed with me. One car pushed out of a traffic queue forcing a van to stop then cut in front of me and then braked heavily to turn left. A car ahead of me already driving at over the speed limit accelerated instead of braking for a red light at a busy junction. He could have easily stopped. The roundabout at the end of the road had the typical 50% of drivers not indicating. Of those that did some indicated wrongly. The few cyclists I saw were fine.

I considered starting a thread aimed at cyclists asking what could be done about these rule breakers but realised that as a cyclist and motorist I would have to ignore everything I said.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Get a dash cam and then you post it all on YouTube and show everyone what a bunch of idiots these cyclists are.

(Just be sure to edit it carefully to remove the numerous idiot car/taxi/bus/van/lorry drivers, oh and pedestrians.)

sounds like a good idea.

I have been watching the programme on London channel, called route masters. A part of the programme, featured a task force in the metropolitan police - two officers with these cameras mounted on their cycle helmets. The programme covered, according to them a hotspot for cyclists not observing red lights, an area called the Elephant & Castle. these police officers pulled cyclists over and fined each of them £30.00. Any moterist know how much moter vehicles are fined, or awarded points if moterist went through these same red lights?

There was one cyclist who told the offiers he has had many fines for breaking red lights, which questions weather the enforcement is enough of a penalty???
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Any moterist know how much moter vehicles are fined, or awarded points if moterist went through these same red lights?
    Yes. I know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family