Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families» Deaths, Funerals & Probate

My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help. - Page 21

New Post Advanced Search

My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
374 replies 57.6K views

Replies

• Sadly I also agree with thorsoak. You manage living along well Annabarbs but as soon as someone suggests that you do something that you don't want to do, you hide behind the mental illness tag. Yet your lack of seeking help for you mental problems as suggested by posters on here, makes it appear that you are happy with your current status quo health-wise.

Have you enquired about your sister in hospital? Been to see her? I'm sure she's not in a good place, time for a little humanity maybe?
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I phoned up the psychiatric hospital my sister told my solicitor that my other sister is in.
    And my sister is there in that hospital.
    The nurse on the ward she was on said she is and let me speak to my sister on the phone.
    So my sister is telling the truth but even though my sister is in hospital she does not sound like someone who is mentally incapacitated as my other sister said.

So there is the possibility that my sister could be exaggerating her illness in order to try to delay or avoid paying my inheritance.
    If that's the case then my solicitor says he will take my sisters to court.

Or of my sister is too ill to manage the executors account then my solicitor said he will go to the Court Of protection is my well sister won't.
    But we cannot do anything now because it is too early time.
    And we must first give my sisters time to sort this out.
    My sister only just got ill a few weeks ago and she could get better.

But from the conversation I had with her on the phone, she did not sound very ill to me.
    When I told her the problem I and my sister are having getting our inheritace.

And explained to her that the bank won't release the money unless she goes with my other sister to the bank and signs. My sister seemed to understand what I was saying to her.

So I cannot help thinking that my sister might be delaying things on purpose. Or simple cannot be bothered to go to the bank to pay me my money.

If this is not sorted out by December I will have to get my Solicitor to take action. Or warn my sister one way or the other that if they don't pay out my money he will take them to court.
    And if my solicitor won't help me I will get another one.

My mother left me that money and I am not going to let it go.
    I will fight for it if I have to.
  • charlie3090charlie3090 Forumite
    583 posts
    Eighth Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Ann,
    you cannot tell if someone is ill simply by how they sound or even look,
    why would your sister want to stay in hospital if she didnt have to?.
    Again your post is all about me,me,me,why on earth do you think this is all an elaborate plot just to deprive you of your inheritance?.
    Did you show any sympathy for your sister?, I hope you didnt say any of the things you put in your post as that could delay her recovery.
    You suffer with mental health issues and yet you do not show the slightest bit of concern for your sisters,you are making this into a
    big problem when it does not need to be.
    Time and time again all the good people on here have given you excellent advice,including registering with a new doctor but you still have not,please try to do this,and just show a little patience ,you will get your money but all the threats and tantrums will not make it come any quicker,you are simply wasting money and energy on a battle that you dont need to have at this stage.
  • edited 24 October 2016 at 6:38AM
    thorsoakthorsoak Forumite
    7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 October 2016 at 6:38AM
    annbarbs wrote: »
    Well I phoned up the psychiatric hospital my sister told my solicitor that my other sister is in.
    And my sister is there in that hospital.
    The nurse on the ward she was on said she is and let me speak to my sister on the phone.
    So my sister is telling the truth but even though my sister is in hospital she does not sound like someone who is mentally incapacitated as my other sister said.

So there is the possibility that my sister could be exaggerating her illness in order to try to delay or avoid paying my inheritance.
    If that's the case then my solicitor says he will take my sisters to court.

Or of my sister is too ill to manage the executors account then my solicitor said he will go to the Court Of protection is my well sister won't.
    But we cannot do anything now because it is too early time.
    And we must first give my sisters time to sort this out.
    My sister only just got ill a few weeks ago and she could get better.

But from the conversation I had with her on the phone, she did not sound very ill to me.

And explained to her that the bank won't release the money unless she goes with my other sister to the bank and signs. My sister seemed to understand what I was saying to her.

So I cannot help thinking that my sister might be delaying things on purpose. Or simple cannot be bothered to go to the bank to pay me my money.

If this is not sorted out by December I will have to get my Solicitor to take action. Or warn my sister one way or the other that if they don't pay out my money he will take them to court.
    And if my solicitor won't help me I will get another one.

My mother left me that money and I am not going to let it go.
    I will fight for it if I have to.

What absolute and utter rubbish you are writing!

Does it even occur to you that your behaviour could actually have contributed to your sister becoming so ill that she has had to be detained in hospital?

Of course the national health service has sufficient resources to keep your sister in hospital in order that she does not pay you your legal rights but does not have enough resources to keep on a mental health worker who could support you - do you really believe this?

I started reading your thread, feeling very sorry for you - now I have none. Talk about me, me, me! I'm out.
  • AnthearAnthear Forumite
    107 posts
    Mental health issues are difficult to understand if you are well. Someone with significant mental health issues doesn't have the same 'rational' thought patterns that those of us not similarly afflicted have.

That said, I agree with other posters that you cannot reliably assess someone's mental health from a 'phone call. A point not made by others - given the intense pressure on NHS mental health beds - ie they are as rare as hen's teeth - would Ann's sister REALLY be hospitalised if it wasn't necessary??? There are too many stories of people who need hospitalisation but don't get it out there - and a I had (past tense for a reason) a family member who begged for admission and didn't get it. The unintended consequence was catastrophic.

Ann - as others have said, you are focussing too much on you. There is NOTHING you can do at present - you know this. You have decided not to seek help for your own mental health issues, despite being advised to do so numerous times here. You don't even have a GP. No one can help you if you will not help yourself. That starts with registering, YES, going and Registering with a GP and asking for a referral back to the CMHT. Yes, we know that previously they have said that you are not ill enough, but I think most posters here would agree that the stresses you are currently under have changed that.

Please go and register and get some help TODAY.
  • annbarbs wrote: »
    Good grief, did you even ask her how she was doing or did you just bang on about your inheritance the whole time?
  • whitewingwhitewing Forumite
    11.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ann,

You are obviously unwell and this is a very stressful situation for you and your sisters. Please take that leap of faith and go and register/see a GP. Tell the GP that your online friends say that you are

losing perspective
    finding it difficult to make rational decisions
    possibly increasing solicitor's fees because of a constant need for clarification due to your thought processing issues
    finding it increasingly difficult to trust people and evaluate advice/increase in potentially paranoid thoughts
    finding it very difficult to de-stress so you are you seem constantly on edge
    head is constantly thinking and you are unable to switch them off
    beginning to alienate online friends with your behaviour as it makes people feel you are unwilling to be helped when you are potentially too poorly to untangle your thoughts without professional help

(If anyone else wants to add anything useful, please feel free).

Ann, I have tried to be careful with my wording, and I really don't mean to upset you with any of it. Please do see a GP.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Whatever you may think such spiteful posts have no place here.
  • geminiladygeminilady Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever you may think such spiteful posts have no place here.

Maybe you could quote which posts or do you mean all of them?
  • geminilady wrote: »
    Maybe you could quote which posts or do you mean all of them?
    The offending post has now been been removed.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support