ATB'S Frugal Foray to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooooh matched betting! I have no tips or experience on it but it's an area I want to learn at the end of the year, good luck with it :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,837 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Great news on getting to £124K ATB!!! I'll put money on you beating your target of being MF by 2020!!
    Good luck with the matched betting! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Lifestartsat40
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Newgirly has done matched betting, maybe pick her brains?
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Today's job is to try and understand matched betting. I have been putting this off for ages but now is the time to really give it a blinkin' good go. Any of my fellow MFW pals dipped their toe in the water? X

LOVE this journey x

Not me, but is something I have wanted to have a go at, for a long time now. Shanghaijimmy was on here a lot last year, then went to match betting, making £££'s but not posted for a good while now, Edinburgers also a dab hand at MB, and I could be wrong but think Hiddenshaddow also an expert.

I want to join in with the lessons in MB, count me in.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    I'm hardly an expert, just found a few tutorials / online calculators.

Sadly most of the tools that made it easy (for me) have disappeared behind paywalls I think, which is why my MB efforts have dropped quite a bit lately.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    I'm hardly an expert, just found a few tutorials / online calculators.

Sadly most of the tools that made it easy (for me) have disappeared behind paywalls I think, which is why my MB efforts have dropped quite a bit lately.

Thanks HS. I've been looking at using Oddsmonkey, do you have any experience of them? X
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    I used to use their odds matching tool but it's no longer free. :(
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Thanks. From my limited research so far, OM seem to be the best rated middle man for assisting with MB, although at £15 per month. If I am going to commit to this properly I would like to be spending at least two hours per day MBing, so would easily cover the outlay.

More time to be spent tomorrow reading everything again, but I do understand how it all works now - it clicked rather quickly, I was surprised! x
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Not me, but is something I have wanted to have a go at, for a long time now. Shanghaijimmy was on here a lot last year, then went to match betting, making £££'s but not posted for a good while now, Edinburgers also a dab hand at MB, and I could be wrong but think Hiddenshaddow also an expert.

I want to join in with the lessons in MB, count me in.

I was wondering how SJ is recently, hope he is well.

I will happily share what I have learnt - spent a lot of today reading and it has all clicked into place fairly smoothly. Tomorrow will be spent putting it into practice! x
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Good luck with it. :) I never paid for any of the services, partly because I'm too frugal and partly because I didn't want to commit to the price/time required to make it worthwhile.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback