The Talk! Uni parents.

Options

Comments

• missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So if one of your 14 year old daughters had had a sexual relationship with an older man, and his defence had been "she was older than 14 in my mind because she was assertive", would you have been ok with that?

Whilst I'm completely in agreement with the majority opinion on the subject, I do feel that using the expression "an older man" to describe a 19 year old is as unhelpful as describing him as "a child".
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options
    Izadora wrote: »
    Oh right, so we're back to the fact that it was her parents' fault and your son was entirely blameless now are we.

I understand that protecting your son is always going to be your priority but I don't understand how you can't see that there is never justification for a 19 year old having sex with a 14 year old.

Iza - do you have children? Young adults? :cool:
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options
    Whilst I'm completely in agreement with the majority opinion on the subject, I do feel that using the expression "an older man" to describe a 19 year old is as unhelpful as describing him as "a child".

What about 'dipstick.? I have raised my chldren for 17 years by myself and they are complete freaking dipsticks!! The rules change = I can;t keep up!!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nope! Both my 14 year old daughters had every single one of their needs met within their loving supporting family

Surely not every need - I'm pretty sure there are separate laws which cover that... ;)

Iza - do you have children? Young adults? :cool:

No but, as someone who has been both 14 and 19, I don't see how that precludes me from having opinions on whether or not I think it's a suitable age difference within a relationship. It's not the gap itself (I've had 3 relationships where my boyfriend would've failed the 'half your age+7' test) that bothers me but the fact that a 14 year old, even a mature-beyond-her-years one, is a child and a 19 year old, even a naive immature one, is an adult.
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options

No woman of our age and experience will ever see a 19 year old boy as anything but a young upstart!! My son at 19 was no threat to anyone! A sweet boy, respectful .

• OldMotherTucker
    Options
    Izadora wrote: »
    Oh right, so we're back to the fact that it was her parents' fault and your son was entirely blameless now are we.

I understand that protecting your son is always going to be your priority but I don't understand how you can't see that there is never justification for a 19 year old having sex with a 14 year old.

Ever had sex yourself?:rotfl::rotfl:

What age did you lose your virginity and WHy?

Did your parents condone and encourage you to be 'free; but responsible':rotfl::rotfl:

!!!!!! it is such a personnel and private thing!!
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Nope! Both my 14 year old daughters had every single one of their needs met within their loving supporting family - no rush, no pressure, no expectation!!

DD1 aged 21 is engaged and has bought a house with her gorgeous BF/SO/fiance - he's 5 years older than her!! They technically starting dating before they were of that age of 'majoritory' but they didn't get caught:p:p

40% off al marriages end in divorce, but there is a particular trend in those who marry young. So perhaps don't count the chickens...
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ever had sex yourself?:rotfl::rotfl:

Yes, although I'm not entirely sure what's so funny about that.

What age did you lose your virginity and WHy?

17 and because I'd been with my boyfriend for quite a while, wanted to and I felt ready. I'd actually asked him to have sex with me on a few occasions but, as he wasn't entirely certain I was ready and wouldn't regret it, he said no.

Did your parents condone and encourage you to be 'free; but responsible':rotfl::rotfl:

Pretty much, yes. Again, I'm not sure what's funny about that.

!!!!!! it is such a personnel and private thing!!

If it's so personal and private then why bring it up?
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options
    Good for you Izzwhizzy!! glad it worked out for you!!

Have you got a minute to consider those it didn't work out as well for . .

Oh= ok I can see you're busy and don't actually give a !!!!!!
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options
    So if one of your 14 year old daughters had had a sexual relationship with an older man, and his defence had been "she was older than 14 in my mind because she was assertive", would you have been ok with that?

Its simple sweetie - my 14 year old daughters had no business out in the world without me!!Ever!! And I trusted no man!!:D Simples!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure