The Talk! Uni parents.

Options

Comments

• Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My 14 year old daughters did not date!! Full stop! End of!!

Ok, so why was it ok for your son to sleep with a 14 year old but your 14 year olds are different and deserve to be protected from men like your son?

I'm sure your 14 year olds had crushes on a few older men, if they were totally up for it and wanted sex like your son's 'girlfriend' did, would it be wrong for a 19 year old to go ahead and sleep with them, with their consent?
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    My son is now 25 and he is still a child to me!!

You have an interesting view of the world.

Have social services been involved in your sons life?
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    Would you still think it was ok for him to sleep with a 14 year old?

She wasn't 'a 14 year old' in my mind! She was more mature and assertive than my boy who was 5 years older! I liked her!! She spoke sense!!
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    You have an interesting view of the world.

Have social services been involved in your sons life?

Yes actually!! You want to make an ignorant judgement - go ahead!!
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Yes actually!! You want to make an ignorant judgement - go ahead!!

??! How was I making a judgment? I was asking a question.

Did SS not have something to say on how you treat him?
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options
    Ok, so why was it ok for your son to sleep with a 14 year old but your 14 year olds are different and deserve to be protected from men like your son?

I'm sure your 14 year olds had crushes on a few older men, if they were totally up for it and wanted sex like your son's 'girlfriend' did, would it be wrong for a 19 year old to go ahead and sleep with them, with their consent?

Grow up and get real!! My girls had dad issues obviously but sex wasn't the answer!! I kept them them busy and loved so they didn't seek comfort and validation anywhere else!!
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    She wasn't 'a 14 year old' in my mind! She was more mature and assertive than my boy who was 5 years older! I liked her!! She spoke sense!!

That wasn't my question, can you answer it please?
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    So if one of your 14 year old daughters had had a sexual relationship with an older man, and his defence had been "she was older than 14 in my mind because she was assertive", would you have been ok with that?
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I kept them them busy and loved so they didn't seek comfort and validation anywhere else!!

Oh right, so we're back to the fact that it was her parents' fault and your son was entirely blameless now are we.

I understand that protecting your son is always going to be your priority but I don't understand how you can't see that there is never justification for a 19 year old having sex with a 14 year old.
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options

Nope! Both my 14 year old daughters had every single one of their needs met within their loving supporting family - no rush, no pressure, no expectation!!

DD1 aged 21 is engaged and has bought a house with her gorgeous BF/SO/fiance - he's 5 years older than her!! They technically starting dating before they were of that age of 'majoritory' but they didn't get caught:p:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure