IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fil_cad wrote: »
    The BPA just like the DVLA don't give a diddly squat!

But you see fil cad they will give as you say, a diddly squat.

Theresa May is no walk over, her friends confirm she is a highly competent person who despises wrong doing.
    That includes the BPA and DVLA
  • beamerguy
    Options
    It's strategic.

He's the fall guy.

And the FALL GUY will eventually fall
  • beamerguy
    Options
    fil_cad wrote: »
    NO!!! They are all in it together

What ever you believe fil cad ... you are wrong
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    todays news paper is tomorrow's chip papers , why have the BBC news not picked up on this huge story?

bake off is more important to the sheep in the UK
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This Government is firmly committed to reducing central interference in matters that can only be understood locally, and setting car parking charges falls into this category.
    Then why issue the freaking guidance to NHS Trusts in the first place? A mealy mouthed Civil Service response to avoid having to deal with a problem they don't fancy facing! :mad:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was sorry to read of your concerns about car parking charges at Macclesfield Hospital.

Whilst I understand your wish to raise your concerns with Mr Hunt, decisions about NHS car parking are made at local level. This Government is firmly committed to reducing central interference in matters that can only be understood locally, and setting car parking charges falls into this category.
    Was you letter only about hourly rates, such as £per hour or did you refer to "fines" issued by the PPC?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Then why issue the freaking guidance to NHS Trusts in the first place? A mealy mouthed Civil Service response to avoid having to deal with a problem they don't fancy facing! :mad:

and Mrs may will pass the job onto ,,,,,,,,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    Was you letter only about hourly rates, such as £per hour or did you refer to "fines" issued by the PPC?

Castle I sent him the stories from patients, cares, and staff. Which I thought would be more powerful than aything I could write. Apologies if this next bit is lengthy...

we had to rush our little boy to A&E last year. We paid for a ticket but when we left the next morning, we were so drained & exhausted, we didn't update the payment. Upshot was, we received a fine which we appealed & was refused so we had to pay

These parking people are horrendous giving tickets out especially outside an a&e the stories on here are testament to that. I got one at 8.30 on a Saturday evening the very last thing you expect is a parking fine, incidentally my mum drove me & her disabled badge was visible. Something needs to be done about these vultures praying on vulnerable people. I have tried to call them only to be put onto an automated system, seemingly and very convenient to them you cannot actually speak to a human being....am awaiting for their reply

Hi I received a parking fine after having to go to A&E at 1.30am in the morning due to an emergency with my 1 year old daughter - it was 1.30am and didn't even think in my urgency to get to A&E to pay for a ticket - I was

Yes I received a fine in October arrived at A&E 6am with my 3 month old baby having breathing difficulties, I was alone with him and in a state of panic, getting a parking ticket didn't even cross my mind, I was shocked to get a fine! I still haven't paid it

This happened to me taking my daughter in to hospital and had no idea I would have got a ticket in the rush I was in just drove straight in! Disgusting I think.

I have appealed my ticket (NHS community staff visiting a patient on maternity at the time). Appeal sent on 6th Jan. Informed I would have a decision in 2 weeks - not had any response yet.

Hi I received a parking fine after having to go to A&E at 1.30am in the morning due to an emergency with my 1 year old daughter - it was 1.30am and didn't even think in my urgency to get to A&E to pay for a ticket - I was pretty disgusted to receive a ticket to be honest as no one visits a hospital at 1.30am unless it's an emergency - I appealed and the fine was withdrawn - however I think that Macc hospital should revisit how Parking Eye issue fines - early hours in the morning at a hospital is a disgrace

I'm not aware of previous info in relation to this but I am currently appealing a ticket I Rec'd on 23rd dec, at around 8.30pm, when I took my three year old to A&E on the advice of the paramedics that had earlier checked him out at home. I think I'd parked for no more than 50 mins but still I got a fine!

I had a ticket just before Christmas having taken my mum in November for an appointment at Macc. I had a valid ticket so appealed. They said 'as a gesture' they'd waive the fee. They are awful

We got a ticket last year when we took our son to a &e at 4am. The ticket did get cancelled but that was after I wrote to George Osborne and sent that to the hospital as well.

Got a ticket t Mac - when had paid for 24 hours sent email to hospital director and ticket void. Is awful fine especially when way over the cost of a week ticket. Even worse when you have paid.

I've just found out I have been ticketed. I am NHS Staff and work in the Community. I was asked to visit a new mum on the postnatal ward at short notice. I left a note in my car with my contact number on official paper and my Waters Green Work badge. I wasn't aware it was a camera system they use - thought it was warden-monitored.

My husband took my daughter to a and e about 10:30 one night for breathing difficulties. He was there about an hour and got a parking ticket as he had rushed in and forgot to get one, didn't have change anyway.

I have received one a and e visit to Macc actually scrambled about for change in the rain purchased a ticket with poorly boy in his buggy, unfortunately our stay was longer than the ticket I purchased, (I got stuck between day staff and changeover to n...See More
    I got one and have now had two court letters from northampton county court
    And the charge is now £167 !!
    parking eye ! The worst thing is at one point i did try and pay it and it kept saying that they were undergoing inprovement to their service and i had to call their sister company and then when u rang that number u still couldnt pay as my case number was 1 digit short ( parking eyes had one digit less) and u cant speak to anyone either its all automated !

I had two for.consecutive nights when my daughter was rushed in on the.two different nights. One was at three in the morning and the other was at 11pm. They let me off one due to the circumstances the other they are threatening to take me to court. For..See More

My husband got one a few months back at Macclesfield. We had gone to a+e at about 11pm thinking we would meet an ambulance there. My husband waited in the car whilst I went in to get details. We were there about 20mins before we discovered we had to go...See More

My partner took me to an appointment yet there was no where to park so he waited around the corner in the car for me, and because the camera had picked us up going into the car park we got a ticket! X

The hospitals have got consultants saying they are going to stop consulting at certain hospitals because they're getting these charges too.

I have received one a and e visit to Macc actually scrambled about for change in the rain purchased a ticket with poorly boy in his buggy, unfortunately our stay was longer than the ticket I purchased, (I got stuck between day staff and changeover to night staff just bad timing), upon discharge I was so relieved to be going home but did quickly look at the pay meter boards but couldn't make out an easy way to increase my time. I have appealed not heard yet, and suggested a clear sign advising to pay on departure so you know how long you have stayed rather than pay and display upon arrival as it seems to request. Must of caught a lot of people out especially emergency visits.

I had two for.consecutive nights when my daughter was rushed in on the.two different nights. One was at three in the morning and the other was at 11pm. They let me off one due to the circumstances the other they are threatening to take me to court. For that one I had actually bought a ticket for two hours when I was leaving. I have appealed twice against this ticket, but they now say they have not received the appeals, dispite them being sent via their system.

My husband got one a few months back at Macclesfield. We had gone to a+e at about 11pm thinking we would meet an ambulance there. My husband waited in the car whilst I went in to get details. We were there about 20mins before we discovered we had to go to Manchester hospital instead so I got in the car and we left. He got a fine a few weeks later but pointed out that we had been clocked entering the grounds and then again leaving but he asked for evidence that we had parked and as we hadn't we therefore didn't need to pay. They apologised and cancelled the fine immediately

Just had a fine myself totally disgraceful I was taking my mum to emergency doc and parked outside A&E in s space and bought a ticket. However got fined as apparently it's private land now I have always parked there when going for emergency and now it's private!!! The last thing I looked for was a sign as I thought parking was for visitors too NOT JUST FOR STAFF. makes me sick I will avoid this hospital after my granddaughter is born. Something needs to be done asap. Rip off !!!!

I bet you do but that won't stop them the only good part of that hospital was A&E but it's shadowed by parking fines my daughter got fined in December as she went over her time she didn't keep her ticket to check. But I was there 38 mins and it's cost me £42.20 it's a joke

About parking eye. I have had another fine sent. Yet again I had bought a ticket, well within parking limits. This is now the 4th one.

this is interesting and shocking they are getting away of taking advantage of people in a vulnerable position. I have received a parking fine while in A&e with my toddler last week. My stay extended the 2 hour ticket I had purchased and I wasn't leaving my child alone in hospital to top it up. I haven't paid it yet as I want to challenge it.

I recently received a parking fine at Macc hospital. I had a consultant appointment at the antenatal clinic and paid for two hours but the consultant was running an hour late then I had to be strapped to a fetal heart rate monitor to monitor my baby's heart rate immediately as it was thought my baby could have been at risk (was then 28 weeks pregnant). Due to the old machine I was hooked up to, the reading was inaccurate and I ended up strapped to it for over two hours. Obviously during this time I was physically unable to walk back to the car park to move my car! Five hours after arriving I was 'free to go' from an appointment that usually takes about 1 hour. I have appealed the fine and provided evidence in form of my fetal heart trace but so far haven't heard back from them. Thanks very much

I got a ticket here, i bought a ticket but the doctors ran over this day. I appealed. They refused appeal. They also took me to court without any papers coming.

Yes my daughter had snapped her leg in half been visiting the hospital for a year always bought a ticket.. even stayed in hospital 3 weeks. I was stressed out with waiting and completely forgot about the parking

I got one. Appealed to hospital who couldn't help me. Ignored it, but then got scared when they said they'd take me to court. Ended up paying £140. All because my Dad couldn't walk quick enough. Furious and want to complain
    I have one I appealed, then I got a letter saying it's too late to appeal even though I did, now it's gone to a debt collector wanting £130 and every time I have tried to call it's always engaged and I'm on hold for 20
    Minutes. I did not go over by ten minutes at all possible a minute but I was there twice that morning at a and e! Think it's a disgrace especially when at a and e no one is planning to go there

Do you have any advice how to repeal a fine? We are currently battling after parking in what was seemingly genuine parking spaces (both of us parents got hit) when my child was rushed in with a suspected spinal injury. So far they are just saying 'there's signage'.

I have just found out I have a ccj from them , didn't know until I check my credit score. mine was for being 2 hours late when the doctor was running half a day late. I'm fuming

yes of course you can, my daughter snapped her leg in half and spent 3 weeks in there, I always paid for parking weather it be an appointment or hospital stays . ive had one letter from parking eye and I appealed as I had put money on the ticket. but the doctors were hours late. I didn't hear back from parking eye and nor the courts . now I have a ccj.

I saw your post about Parking Eye. Not sure what stories you were after or if you still need any, but here's mine. I attended the hospital with my Mother. I had lived overseas for several years and didn't even consider a parking fee. I wax pleased I could do it on my phone. I text my car number and received a call back from the automated service. I input all my card details and as far as I was aware it went through OK. I thought nothing more about it until I got the infringement notice. I appealed and sent the original text through together with a screenshot of the call from the automated service. My appeal was based on there being no intent to avoid payment. That is was either 1) an error on their system, or 2) an input error by me when putting in my card details. My appeal was refused. I paid up as I had read so much negative stuff about them taking people to court
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    and Mrs may will pass the job onto ,,,,,,,,

Perhaps David Cameron, as a new consultant to the Government, now he has notified his intention to relinquish his Parliamentary seat.

Will £2k a day do, Dave?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    And that is the precise reason why Mr Hunt is not the right man for the job...... he should have the guts to reply himself not some third party minion.
    No wonder the BMA are anti Hunt if they get that rubbish back.

Leaving Hunt in his position was a bad move by Theresa, hopefully she will realise her error, sooner than later
    right on the nail there!
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure