IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's

Options

Comments

• Edna_Basher
    Options
    "Interesting. I wasn't aware council tickets timed out at that stage"

I'd better double check that point - I may be wrong. One thing's for sure, penalties issued by train operating companies etc. under byelaws time out after six months.
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    Yes, must say I am a bit cynical.

Have passed on the stories of Macc Hospital patients to anyone who would listen, but at least it does seem as if there are some movers and shakers on board now.

The reality is, you can't defend this sort of thing for ever.

(Recieved this from a patient this morning.)
    my daughter snapped her leg in half and spent 3 weeks in there, I always paid for parking weather it be an appointment or hospital stays . ive had one letter from parking eye and I appealed as I had put money on the ticket. but the doctors were hours late. I didn't hear back from parking eye and nor the courts . now I have a ccj.

and another one, this morning.
    We are currently battling after parking in what was seemingly genuine parking spaces (both of us parents got hit) when my child was rushed in with a suspected spinal injury. So far they are just saying 'there's signage'
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    ooh here's another one...
    I have one I appealed, then I got a letter saying it's too late to appeal even though I did, now it's gone to a debt collector wanting £130 and every time I have tried to call it's always engaged and I'm on hold for 20
    Minutes. I did not go over by ten minutes at all possible a minute but I was there twice that morning at a and e! Think it's a disgrace especially when at a and e no one is planning to go there
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 September 2016 at 6:02PM
    Options
    I think any letter to Theresa May where a hospital is involved should ask her to look into why hospitals continue to ignore the advice given by Jeremy Hunt about contracting with PPCs, especially as many have entered new contracts even after the publication of his advice - probably in defiance of it.

JH obviously has her confidence as she chose to reappoint him to the position of SoS for Health in her Government team.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I think any letter to Theresa May where a hospital is involved should ask her to look into why hospitals continue to ignore the advice given by Jeremy Hunt about contracting with PPCs, especially as many have entered new contracts even after the publication of his advice - probably in defiance of it.

JH obviously has her confidence as she chose to reappoint him to the position of SoS for Health in her Government team.

you are spot on and I wondered why she continued with him as JH is not liked by the BMA and clearly the Hospitals look upon him as weak so they ignore him.

Theresa needs to address this weak link in her system
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options

I have tried to tell Mr Hunt. This was the response when I recently wrote to him...

Our ref: DE-1033836

Dear Mr Pecheque,

Thank you for your email of 10 May and recent letter to Jeremy Hunt about car parking charges. I have been asked to reply.

I was sorry to read of your concerns about car parking charges at Macclesfield Hospital.

Whilst I understand your wish to raise your concerns with Mr Hunt, decisions about NHS car parking are made at local level. This Government is firmly committed to reducing central interference in matters that can only be understood locally, and setting car parking charges falls into this category. I understand that you have raised your concerns with East Cheshire NHS Trust, which is responsible for Macclesfield Hospital and you have not found this helpful.

You may wish to consider raising your concerns with the local Healthwatch. Local Healthwatch organisations are local consumer champions for patients, service users and carers in health and care services. They gather the views of service users and make recommendations on improvements to those responsible for commissioning and providing services. The contact details for Healthwatch Cheshire East are:

Healthwatch Cheshire East
    81 Park Lane
    Macclesfield SK11 6TX

Telephone: 01625 838394

I am sorry I cannot be more directly helpful.

Yours sincerely,

Joanne Miles
    Ministerial Correspondence and Public Enquiries
    Department of Health
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    I would suspect Mr Green will get the number he wants now.

This is a wake up call to the SRA regarding those solicitors who practice their threats of CCJ's.

Wonder what the BPA will do about it since they ignored the Pranksters advice, the BPA are just as involved
    The BPA just like the DVLA don't give a diddly squat!
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have tried to tell Mr Hunt. This was the response when I recently wrote to him...

Our ref: DE-1033836

Dear Mr Pecheque,

Thank you for your email of 10 May and recent letter to Jeremy Hunt about car parking charges. I have been asked to reply.

I was sorry to read of your concerns about car parking charges at Macclesfield Hospital.

Whilst I understand your wish to raise your concerns with Mr Hunt, decisions about NHS car parking are made at local level. This Government is firmly committed to reducing central interference in matters that can only be understood locally, and setting car parking charges falls into this category. I understand that you have raised your concerns with East Cheshire NHS Trust, which is responsible for Macclesfield Hospital and you have not found this helpful.

You may wish to consider raising your concerns with the local Healthwatch. Local Healthwatch organisations are local consumer champions for patients, service users and carers in health and care services. They gather the views of service users and make recommendations on improvements to those responsible for commissioning and providing services. The contact details for Healthwatch Cheshire East are:

Healthwatch Cheshire East
    81 Park Lane
    Macclesfield SK11 6TX

Telephone: 01625 838394

I am sorry I cannot be more directly helpful.

Yours sincerely,

Joanne Miles
    Ministerial Correspondence and Public Enquiries
    Department of Health

And that is the precise reason why Mr Hunt is not the right man for the job...... he should have the guts to reply himself not some third party minion.
    No wonder the BMA are anti Hunt if they get that rubbish back.

Leaving Hunt in his position was a bad move by Theresa, hopefully she will realise her error, sooner than later
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    It's strategic.

He's the fall guy.
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    or quickly forgot about ,

do you honestly think the goverment will "do" anything ?
    NO!!! They are all in it together
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure