IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's

Options

Comments

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mowkid wrote: »
    These Trade Associations set out in their codes of practice that the maximum level of penalty should be no more than £100. The Trade Associations also suggest their members offer a reduced rate of at least 40 per cent if payment is made within 14 days of the issue of the charge notice.
    Nice of your MP to confirm that they are penalties!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 September 2016 at 6:11PM
    Options
    Looks suspiciously like a template response available from a bank for MPs - I've seen one very similar before, no doubt drafted by Trouser Fire.

I'd be returning a few words of his back like 'As I am sure you will appreciate' you will be relying on my vote in the not too distant future. You should not be over optimistic about my support given your refusal to support me via your reply.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mowkid wrote: »
    This was my MP's reply

He obviously hasn't bothered his a***e to have a look at this forum or pepipoo even though I steered him towards them. He makes it sound easy to appeal or defend when we know that it is not

Maybe re-send him a full blown Popla appeal from on here, to show him how much work and knowledge has to go into preparing one. Then ask him if he realises that it isn't just a matter of explaining the facts with a bit of mitigation thrown in !
  • Edna_Basher
    Edna_Basher Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 September 2016 at 8:35PM
    Options
    You could always open your letter by saying:

"As I am sure you will appreciate, following the Government's intervention through the enactment of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, parking on private land is no longer simply a private contractual arrangement between the car park owner and the motorist. Many vehicles' keepers and hirers now find themselves being held liable by private parking companies for alleged breaches of contract to which they weren't even party".
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 September 2016 at 6:08PM
    Options
    @mowkid

Your MP is living behind the times and in cloud 9. He really is out of touch

"Government cannot usually intervene."

Is he saying the government allows this scam ??
    He is saying that DVLA providing data is not intervening ?

"Accredited Trade Association (ATA). The ATA carries out checks on companies before allowing them to join and monitors ongoing compliance with their code of practice"

What a lot of rubbish ..... Dare we use Gladstones/IPC/IAS as a prime example?
    WHERE IS THE ATA THEN

"The Government recently published a discussion paper about parking on private land. The conduct of private parking companies, including the level of charges demanded, was raised in a significant number of responses. The Government’s proposed course of action will be released in due course."

We all know that, the proposed course of action is well overdue pointing again to the fact that this government allows this scam

"Consumer protection regulations have also been amended to make it simpler and clearer for consumers to bring their own actions to seek compensation when they have been the victims of misleading or aggressive debt collection practices. The new rights apply to all types of civil debt collection, including parking on private land."

Planet Earth calling this outdated MP
    ..... the government should be protecting consumers against scammers. He should be invited to try this one out himself with the vermin

If this was me I would be telling the MP that his lack of interest and attempting to fob off means one thing .... NO VOTE FOR YOU.

I do hope that Mrs May weedles out these MP's who show no interest ..... this does her party no good whatsoever.

I would also send a copy of his letter to Mrs May with your comments. If she is not told, she will never know and you are probably not the only one being fobbed off by this MP
  • mowkid
    mowkid Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yotmon wrote: »
    Maybe re-send him a full blown Popla appeal from on here, to show him how much work and knowledge has to go into preparing one. Then ask him if he realises that it isn't just a matter of explaining the facts with a bit of mitigation thrown in !

Thanks for you agreement everyone. Being a bit of a PC dummy if i could find a POPLA appeal form I would send to my MP
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    This guy's interested in anyone who has had a surprise CCJ, particularly if its from a hospital or council car park. If you're helping anyone, would you mind passing on his details ? paul.bentley@dailymail.co.uk
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • Marktheshark
    Options
    They will do nothing, I bet most have invested in shares with these firms.
    Why work for a living when you can cheat and steal other peoples money.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They will do nothing, I bet most have invested in shares with these firms.
    Why work for a living when you can cheat and steal other peoples money.

I must admit that the Daily Mail comes in with a tsunami and then ends up like a f*rt in the court of Judge Rinder.
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It will be all brushed under the carpet, none off the MPs give two hoots.
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure