E-on/ MSE Fixed 1 Year Collective Sept 2015 - Stay or wait?

Options

Comments

• GentleGiant_2
    Options
    Sosumi wrote: »

There are two separate issues at work, here, and the waters are being muddied by people failing to differentiate between them.

The first issue is the plight and anger of people who never bothered to refresh and update their E.ON fixes with any of the several collective fixes offered by other comparison sites – nor availed themselves of E.ON’s own v18 and v19 fix offers of last February

Was it really worth paying the exit fee for?

There is an exit fee on most of these agreements - and in any event unless you get informed of a cheaper price you will not know.
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    Thanks for that F&W. As you can see, I'm running behind by quite a bit and had missed Newaccount's post yesterday. Good advice to keep this type of information out of the public space.

Bit earlier than this. I posted some details above about how switches through price comparison sites work (#148). They'll be picked up and rejected before they reach the final readings stage. Hope it's of interest.

I've added your comments to the feedback I've given about these new tariffs. Thanks F&W.

Malc

Malc, I don't have any complaints with E.on other than someone posted on another thread they had received their Warm Home Discount, (to be paid in October,) and i still haven't heard about mine, (which is unusual,) and given i applied for it as soon as the scheme opened, i'm wondering what's happened to mine?

I genuinely feel sorry for you and don't understand why people are so aggrieved. There have been plenty of opportunities to switch to cheaper E.on tariffs in the last 12 months, with your last collective ending just over 6 weeks ago. People only have themselves to blame if they rely on MSE and the CEC.

Also E.on put in a bid after BG, but BG subsequently undercut E.on, so it was very close between the two suppliers. You can't expect the same supplier to win the auction everytime.

I imagine there will be an uproar one year from now, when all the people who change to BG (and stay with them for a year,) complain if BG don't win a subsequent auction, especially with the very high standing charge from BG.

I'm perfectly happy with my E.on two year fix, it's proved to be a good decision and i don't have to worry until the end of July 2018 if necessary, and that's a long way in the future.

Just sort out my Warm Home Discount please, E.on.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    Was it really worth paying the exit fee for?

There is an exit fee on most of these agreements -

You don't pay an exit fee for switching between E.on tariffs.

and in any event unless you get informed of a cheaper price you will not know.

That's where the problems lie. People waiting to be informed.

You have to be more proactive, i'm afraid.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • Wolf3
    Wolf3 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also of the opinion that Eon have shot themselves in the foot with this marketing ploy and feel loyal Eon customer's have been short-changed with this tactic.

These forums and CEC were set up and exist to try and help people get the best options for their energy usage

As a side note, Malc or Helena, is there any barrier to stop us transferring away from Eon to another tariff without exit fees to then transfer back on one of these new tariffs, when the switch has gone through?? Barring the fact the tariffs might not be available any more at that time??
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wolf3 wrote: »
    I'm also of the opinion that Eon have shot themselves in the foot with this marketing ploy and feel loyal Eon customer's have been short-changed with this tactic.

These forums and CEC were set up and exist to try and help people get the best options for their energy usage

As a side note, Malc or Helena, is there any barrier to stop us transferring away from Eon to another tariff without exit fees to then transfer back on one of these new tariffs, when the switch has gone through?? Barring the fact the tariffs might not be available any more at that time??

...and therein lies the rub - nothing to stop you doing this,pay the exit fees and then move back BUT I remember the fuss last year when EON v19 tariff (which was competitive) was replaced overnight by the supremely uncompetitive v20!!!:eek:
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bit bemused by earlier comments re EON tariffs -I have moved six times over the last 20 months within EON using both collectives and the short lived (but highly competitive) v19 - no exit fees- I've ended up on MSM EON March 2016 deal which is ~ 21% cheaper for me than the now ending MSE deal!!:j
    Since I can't see the latest new customer only EON saver v1 deal, can't be sure whether it would be any good for me BUT since I'm already fixed for the coming Winter , I think its very unlikely that the Summer 2017 savings would make it worthwhile switching anyway.:)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    JazzyJ wrote: »
    Can I direct this question to the E.on rep please? Our MSE collective fixed tariff finishes on 27/9. We are on economy 7 electricity only (no gas where we live unfortunately). There are no decent switching options via the new MSE collective but I have according to the UK Power website, our best tariff would be to stay with you and go onto the E.ON Energy Saver Plus Fixed 1 Year v1. However, it is not available through their website and I cannot find out how to swap into it, or who the deal is through. Can you assist please? We would rather stay with you, otherwise we will have to switch to SSE.

Morning JazzyJ and sorry for the late reply.

As others have said, our new Saver Tariffs are only available to new customers and through price comparison sites. They won't be on our website and our advisors can't switch anyone to them.

Sorry again for the late reply JazzyJ.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    You cant switch because E.ON are outrageously not letting existing customers switch to their new saver tariffs.

Sorry for the late reply abooaaisha. Just thought I'd let you know, Helena passed me your posts from the E.ON feedback thread. I've included these with the feedback I sent to senior management yesterday.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    perky_v wrote: »
    I have been trying to figure out why uswitch, comparethemarket and MSE weekly email say there's a new EON tariff, but I can't see it anywhere! How ridiculous that they won't give to existing customers.

I was on the EON Sep MSE collective but switched in February to the v19. I may have to take the exit fee hit and move to British Gas new MSE collective if EON won't give me the new saver tariff!

Morning perky_v and sorry for the late reply.

As you know, our new Saver Tariffs aren't available to existing customers. I've been feeding Forum sentiment about this back to senior management and have included your comments.

Malc
    Options
    I'm off. Didn't fancy moving to British Gas thanks to previous poor service so I found that using different suppliers for gas and electricity would give me the same saving as the new BG tariff. I still don't understand why Eon didn't try harder to keep all their customers - does it really make economic sense to have people switching all the time?

Sorry for the late reply jamesperrett and thanks for your comments. As above, I've included these with the feedback I've given to those responsible for tariffs regarding the sentiment on the Forums.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure